10+ Year Old Account

Cheesing 9/9 Gold Challenge Mode Questions

So I've finally gotten around to trying to get these...almost 2 years after Mists launch. Late, I know. Anyway, I just wanted to ask a few questions to try and get an understanding of how to actually do some of the pulls in these places. To fill you in, the comp we have is BrM Monk tank, me as a Ret Paladin, a Frost Mage, a Marks/BM Hunter and a Holy Paladin healer.

Take Scarlet Halls for example. The 2 packs of mobs near the second boss, Armsmaster Harlan I mean. I've seen videos of groups just LoSing the ranged mobs and nuking them all down in AoE. We tried that a few times and each time our tank just got dunked by them. Popped Hand of Sac, stuns, blinds, all sorts of CC we could but it didn't help much so we had to resort to CC'ing them. How would you do that with our comp? Git gud? Change some of the roles around, like me as Prot and the monk as WW DPS? Switch out some of the classes/specs altogether? I know SM's been stated as one of the easier ones but those 2 pulls always just destroy us.

Another question. I know the darkwater potions and invis potions help a ton, and we use them, but is it possible to get gold without having to use them in some cases? As in, what comps can go without needing them or how much time would you potentially lose if you didn't use them?

EDIT: Not trying to get best times or anything, just get the transmog sets.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2014-08-20 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    Hey !

For your Scarlet Halls example, you only have to get a proper cooldown rotation. Some caster cast holy fire and they hit like monstertrucks. So you can kick them (all), get them CC and kill them before it ends, or have your monk use diffuse magic on it (or ring of peace if your group can do without the 5sec stun)... Ring of frost can also be handy on these. Your tank can only die by getting one-shotted, but it's not happening if there is a CC or a defensive CD up at anytime.

Invis' potion are never mandatory, it just give you a bunch of time on few CM, and let you skip a really hard part on others:
    - They are useless on: GSS, SSB and NT
    - They are not necessary but can give you a lot of time on: TJS and MSP
    - They are almost a must on: SPM, SM, Scholo and SH

Your comp is pretty strong that's a huge bonus when coming to CM, try to use the best of each spec. Good luck !

[edit]: Concerning Scarlet Monastery , there's a little trick to skip the trash pack just after invis' pot (the downstair one, with 4 mobs) and to not worry about throwing a bucket on the 3rd hound pack (the one alone on the corner up right, between mini-boss and first boss). You can reset that miniboss, this will allow you to do his archers twice and they are all taken into the killing counter. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mmoc66bf662027; 2014-08-21 at 09:00 AM.

Git gud is teh only tru ansa m8. I'm willing to bet that NOBODY 1shot their first 9/9 gold. You gotta practice and practice and you WILL get it. I'm 4manning it with my team and we're getting gold while carrying some scrub that is afking throughout the entire instance. It's that easy once you get the hang of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We invis'd through the cannon room and only pulled the one pack right near Harlan. Two packs means you're going to have to pull every stop to bring them down safely and effectively. Leg Sweep (or RoP), Clash, interrupt rotations on casters, deep freeze, dampen OR diffuse, etc etc.

Can't really remember what we did beyond having my healer standing in a spot while I (bear tank) would dodge out of LoS of the casters so that we could focus the melee down first.