Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Wait, what? You clearly missed season 1 and 2.
    I was there yes Combat was really good until they allowed shadow step to be used out of stealth then Sub wasnt a joke anymore and good players gravitated to it+ they ended up taking away preparation resetting adrenaline rush very early on.

Combat was strong because of mace stuns and it did decent damage but it had no mobility like mutilate. Sub was the only spec that had access to anything other than sprint until mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    Sub was the only spec that had access to anything other than sprint until mop.
    Wotlk (3.0 - 3.2) 41/5/25 and (3.3) 44/0/27 would probably disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Wotlk (3.0 - 3.2) 41/5/25 and (3.3) 44/0/27 would probably disagree...
    I dont get it? I played during that time I know those builds and none of them included shadow step. Im talking about Mobility. Until Mop no spec could get shadowstep and still retain core talents from the other tree.. Im aware Mutilate had access to prep in wotlk thats all I played muti/prep builds.

I would guess it will be the same as last expac, sub starts out high, then ass will get buffed.. while combat stays in the middle.

I was there yes Combat was really good until they allowed shadow step to be used out of stealth then Sub wasnt a joke anymore and good players gravitated to it+ they ended up taking away preparation resetting adrenaline rush very early on.

Combat was strong because of mace stuns and it did decent damage but it had no mobility like mutilate. Sub was the only spec that had access to anything other than sprint until mop.
    What are you missing then because you aren't making sense? Or do you just not understand how they could be better then than now even though mobility was worse then?

You said combat has never been better for pvp than it is now which is false. Mut also did not have more mobility than combat in S1 or S2, so I'm not really sure where that "no mobility like mutilate" is coming from. Combat actually had potentially more mobility than mut if you spec'd into imp sprint (technically reachable with mut, but no one did). Combat also didn't need the mobility it has now because everyone else was less mobile.

And btw it wasn't step being usable out of stealth that made sub the pvp spec. You could do that when everyone was running HARP, but no one cared because HARP was amazing. What actually caused the shift to sub was nerfing the AR+Prep combo.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2014-09-26 at 03:00 AM.

What are you missing then because you aren't making sense? Or do you just not understand how they could be better then than now even though mobility was worse then?

You said combat has never been better for pvp than it is now which is false. Mut also did not have more mobility than combat in S1 or S2, so I'm not really sure where that "no mobility like mutilate" is coming from. Combat actually had potentially more mobility than mut if you spec'd into imp sprint (technically reachable with mut, but no one did). Combat also didn't need the mobility it has now because everyone else was less mobile.

And btw it wasn't step being usable out of stealth that made sub the pvp spec. You could do that when everyone was running HARP, but no one cared because HARP was amazing. What actually caused the shift to sub was nerfing the AR+Prep combo.
    Combat has prep now and access to shadow step its better than ever before just Sub is superior because of shadow dance theres also the stigma that you cant play anything but Sub because since 4.0 there has been no alternative.

Mutilate has prep once again and access to shadow step as well its better than ever before but anything mutilate or combat can do Sub can do better just dealing good damage is not enough the game is about burst and CC now so Sub will always win out unless Combat/Mutilate start doing stupidly high damage and if they did it would get nerfed quickly. Sub is intended to be the PVP spec for this class Blizzard has shown zero interest in changing that.

on the harp builds discussion, The good players always gravitated towards sub because of all the macros you can use with shadow step plus having preparation. Back then one kick could decide the fate of a game.

Combat has always and still is just easier to play combat and muti have never had the utility of sub they rely on having overtuned damage in pvp and when was the last time that happened.

Harp was good because prep reset adrenaline rush that got squashed quick.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-09-29 at 07:21 PM.

Uh, no. Sure, you can get prep and step as combat now. You also have a weaker snare and every single other class in the game has more mobility than they did back in S1,2, and the part of 3 with HARP. So while personal mobility may be better with current combat, our mobility relative to those we needed to chase isn't (well maybe with BoS if you trade energy for it, but you are arguing shadowstep). Combat compared to then also has mediocre sustained damage and can only really burst if insight aligns which is a massive handicap in the ability to take advantage of a kill window. You are clearly blinded by personal mobility.

And you're wrong. None of the high profile top pvp rogues were playing sub over HARP. One played mut. So no, the good players haven't always gravitated towards sub.

Yes, that is why HARP was good. We could already stick to targets fairly well and the ability to use one AR to force cooldowns and a second to kill them was incredibly good. How long it lasted isn't relevant.

Uh, no. Sure, you can get prep and step as combat now. You also have a weaker snare and every single other class in the game has more mobility than they did back in S1,2, and the part of 3 with HARP. So while personal mobility may be better with current combat, our mobility relative to those we needed to chase isn't (well maybe with BoS if you trade energy for it, but you are arguing shadowstep). Combat compared to then also has mediocre sustained damage and can only really burst if insight aligns which is a massive handicap in the ability to take advantage of a kill window. You are clearly blinded by personal mobility.

And you're wrong. None of the high profile top pvp rogues were playing sub over HARP. One played mut. So no, the good players haven't always gravitated towards sub.

Yes, that is why HARP was good. We could already stick to targets fairly well and the ability to use one AR to force cooldowns and a second to kill them was incredibly good. How long it lasted isn't relevant.
    this whole discussion isnt relevant its 2014 TBC was almost a decade ago and your getting angry over a video game.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, we saying combat be better now come patch ? and for wod
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

this whole discussion isnt relevant its 2014 TBC was almost a decade ago and your getting angry over a video game.
    It is relevant now because in your ignorance you claimed quite a few things that are just plain false in regards to a current topic. I did not bring that into the discussion in this thread. You did.

And that wasn't me getting angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Haha this is bloody true, although assassination was competative for a short time in wrath. Got fairly high as assasination this season but sub is just better yup.

All of Wrath*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    So, we saying combat be better now come patch ? and for wod
    All current sims show Assassination ahead in WoD @100

For PvP, who knows. A lot of Mutilate playing in Skirmish ques with super high burst, but no proper way to tell how it'll all stack up until launch really.

Deleted
    This post has gone completely off topic... Wasn't the original question about which spec would perform best in mythic SoO when 6.0 initially hits?

Personally i'm hoping it's assassination, I havn't touched it since ToT and would very much enjoy playing it again. Some people say it's boring, but I personally find it relaxing. I hate combat, and currently play sub (even on cleave fights, we clear heroic so fast now the cleave isn't really needed, I only played combat during progression) and find that entertaining, but it'd be nice for a change.