Thread: The "Old Ways"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hunters using mana and swapping between Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect of the Viper throughout a fight. Also needing to feed your pet to keep it happy for the +125% damage buff and purchasing ammo.

Warlocks collecting soulstones before raids.

And... the big one for me --- All 3 DK specs being balanced around both tanking and dpsing. Dual-wield Frost Tank? Go for it. 2H Unholy Tank? Sure! --- It's a lot better now than it was then. But it was very interesting to have all those options. (Even if one was still the "best".)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    A friend of mine started playing at the tail end of Cataclysm, so all she knows is basically the way that the classes work for Mists. Her main is a shaman, and I just kinda started trying to explain the way totems used to work. That got me to thinking...

So, my question to you guys is: What are some of the "old ways" that you wish you could show to people who don't know any better?
    I don't. I'm grateful I don't have to explain why someone's hunter pet just abandoned them, why its dps sucks (forgot to feed it) or why her weapon stopped firing mid boss pull (oops ran out of ammo).

Nor would I enjoy explaining to a paladin why all they're good for is buffing, and half-assed tanking or sub-par dps/heals.

Wouldn't be fun to explain to someone why they need to spend a week or so getting attuned for a raid that takes 10 minutes to finish, either.

That stuff is great and all for nostalgic types but it didn't make for very fun gameplay.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old way?
    I bloody hate having to individually buff each person as a pally only to have that person clicking off the buff and asking for another. And weapon skills, glad that shit is gone, use a sword and your BiS is a mace? better start leveling that. And for shamans, their totems used to take up bag space.
    What i hate but find amusing the same time is going to duskwood and BAM Mor'ladim standing on top of your corpse. At least now theirs stuff like looms and super buffed up skills that lets you survive his wrath.
    Last edited by Raging Penguin; 2014-09-17 at 03:38 AM.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't use "the old days" as a way of raising myself above people that began playing more recently.

However, whenever people complain about not having gold for flasks or food, I just want to smack them and show them how damned easy it has become over the years to earn gold...hell, I play my alts for 20 minutes each week right now outside of the farm, and they all have about 1-2k gold on them. That's over 10k JUST FROM ALTS.
    I know a couple of people that, forgo crafting professions, get fishing and cooking, level 1-90 for about the 20k-30k gold they make. Then do it over and over again. That's all they do, just stack gold to the ceiling.

They have a "main" they funnel the gold too. Buy BMAH stuff, play the AH a bit, but they don't raid outside of LFG. Craziness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.