Thread: LFD 'needing' ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I think ether those things should get auto rolled or just not drop at all. Not like players are being starved of enchanting mats. We have already had various other things removed due to the condition of random queue behavior and I dont see a problem with removing something comparatively far more trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As far as bad manners are concerned I have difficulty even addressing that. Good manners are the exception rather than the rule in game, especially in LFR. I'd love to see something magically happen that would make us all polite with one another but that's unlikely to ever happen unless they disallow chat in LFR.
    LMAO. Disabling chat in LFR wont make people more friendly. Lots of toxic shit already happens without chatting involved with many non-verbal things inciting hostile chat. Making LFR a solo activity would be the only way to remove hostility from within from other players. Just leaves players griefing themselves.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-09-21 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maykel View Post
    You do benefit from it with the DE roll.
    Did they change it recently? Because in the past you have never been able to get bonus materials from DE rolls.
    You would need to DE the item yourself in order to benefit from the guild perks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    That's actually called PvP and is not against the ToS. Blizzard has outright said it themselves. Just fyi~
    "Game Masters may intervene in extreme situations, or if the harassment has transitioned to chat communication."

Camping the same player for hours is extreme and players have gotten banned for it. Some GMs don't, apparently, but it is bannable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    Back in wrath I stalked a pair of hordies who had ganked my missus while she was questing. First I killed their alts, then I killed their mains. Added all 4 toons to my horde friend list and made sure to check several times a day at which point I headed over and ruined their day some more. Did this near daily for almost a month before I lost track of both of them. They spent a good amount of time threatening me with blizzard retaliation and yet I never got so much as a message.
    Making sure a player isn't able to play the game by killing them as soon as they ress =! what you described
    Last edited by BHD; 2014-09-21 at 07:33 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh please. The term 'ninja' existed long before we had ANY kind of LFD/LFR.
    People ninja'd even before there was a roll system implemented, which basically means since day 1

10+ Year Old Account
    i needed every green on the way to 90 while leveling my shaman and his enchanting. nobody ever gave me shit but if they did i was ready to explain that i actually needed the enchanting materials. as for a rise in green thievery, could have something to do with the expansion ending. those materials will become much more valuable in 6-8 months time.

As I already said numerous of times: there is no need to discuss this and try to prove you're right any more - forget about ninjaing in LFD, cuz Blizzard are going to implement personal loot for LFD in WOD. That means, that they've finally admitted, that "need before greed" system is totally broken and can no longer be used in random groups, due to the fact, that it's not a full-fledged loot system and it needs some sort of agreement between players about loot rules. Random players can "invent" their own rules and there is no restriction mechanisms, such as properly working kick system, that would allow other player to punish them for abusing loot system somehow. So. Ninjaing will be finally exterminated from Wow. Forget about it and be happy.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2014-09-21 at 11:24 AM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

I need on anything I can need on. LFD is a free for all buddy, no rules!

Since I'm more pvp orientated, I don't do much 90 hcs, but god, it's common in the low level dungeons. And when called out on it, they reply with ... nothing. Not only that, but they keep on doing it too, and nobody in the group cares. It's quite sad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Targesh View Post
    I don't see a problem, do you feel bad about 10-30g? seriously who cares.
    I do. Now, suddenly, I matter more in this discussion than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I see somebody do it, I just put them on my ignore list so I don't get queued with them again in future. Most of them need a good fist to the jaw, need to learn some manners.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I can need it, I will need it. DE and profit. If people are running dungeons and still need the gear at this point then oh well for them. Usually I wait until the first patch of an expansion to give people time but after that its all fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gold enough said.
    Ninja a couple of 20g worth of items and you have earned yourself a couple of hundred extra gold while valor capping in 5mans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Making sure a player isn't able to play the game by killing them as soon as they ress =! what you described
    To be fair to me they had corpse camped her for over an hour by the time I got home. Shed even logged off for 20 mins only to find them still there when she came back on. They also gave me a fair bit of lip when they realised even both their mains together couldn't beat me. Its probably the most extreme ive ever been when it comes to seeking revenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    To be fair to me they had corpse camped her for over an hour by the time I got home. Shed even logged off for 20 mins only to find them still there when she came back on. They also gave me a fair bit of lip when they realised even both their mains together couldn't beat me. Its probably the most extreme ive ever been when it comes to seeking revenge.
    Stalking is pretty creepy.... Also im pretty sure blizzard is against hunting down people by adding them to friendslist.

Not noticed an increase. Very rarely see people needing on anything these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Targesh View Post
    You got it right, I usualy did it, not anymore but that doesn't matter. I really felt like it wasn't right and I'm not defending that people doing it are doing something right.

But what is the point of debating this? People will keep on doing it and to be honest, it's not something worth caring for, if you are really going to say something like 30g adds up, then you are caring too much, seriously.

If you care about 30g as much as people who care about it enough to need on those items, then you belong to the same bunch, the difference is, the first guy has got the balls to get the 30g.

No argument here, really.
    Whats the point of debating it because people will keep doing it? that can pretty much be applied to nearly every post made on this site...

Anyways I think the main reason its increasing is because of the speed dungeons go down now, your in and out in less than 10 minutes, it takes more effort to stop, bollock them doing it, getting enough to kick them and replacing them than it does just to put up and shut up and finish it.

Tbh I've been playing STO a lot recently, and they let you roll need or greed on everything, and it doesn't bind to you, so everyone in pugs needs everything, in 12 months Ive only seen one person complain about people needing on everything, it works on there

Honestly these days why even bother being polite, I just need on everything I can and ignore chat, if I get kicked that's fine I just do the dungeons for boredom these days anyway. With the introduction of timeless isle the only reason anyone does dungeons is boredom, nostalgia, or transmog. Nobody needs that gear. So needing it to vendor or DE is equally irrelevant.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I need everything I can roll on because it's actually gold in disguise and I always need gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    "Game Masters may intervene in extreme situations, or if the harassment has transitioned to chat communication."
    This would be incorrect. They will ONLY intervene on PvE or RP realms, and only to tell the dumbass who flagged to wait 5 minutes for the flag to fall off and then rezz. As for PvP realms, here is the ACTUAL policy:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...realm-policies

Player vs. Player

Player versus Player (PvP) realms are designed to allow and encourage open combat between players. Players on these realms are encouraged to resolve cross-faction PvP disputes on their own. The Game Master staff will not intervene in cross-faction player disputes on PvP realms. However, physical harassment committed between members of the same faction on a PvP realm is subject to normal harassment policies and investigation.

If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat, select a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm. PvE realms offer a limited and structured environment for PvP encounters. Players on PvE realms can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat by enabling or disabling their PvP flag at will.

All other In-Game Policies apply to PvP servers. Actions such as inappropriate names, obscene language, and spamming will be addressed according to our normal procedures.

PvP Realm Policies
    The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

- Corpse camping.
    - Killing players well below your level.

Ongoing Harassment
    The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply to PvP. PvP encounters are considered a facet of normal gameplay and can be resolved through combat or other ingame means. Game Masters may intervene in extreme situations, or if the harassment has transitioned to chat communication.

We want World of Warcraft to be a fun and safe environment for all players. Our aim is to provide a hardcore PvP environment for players who choose to play on PvP realms.
    Updated: Apr 30, 2014
    Article ID: 300463

So, if PvP happens on a PvP realm, players are expected to use PvP to solve it.

I think you gotta face the fact of WoD and it's effect on the need/greed thing. There is a precedent in WotLK.

When news got out that orbs were going to get switched over to greed-only, people nuked the hell out of the need ability while it still lasted.

Now that people know that tokens are going to bite it in WoD, and that gold will be the big upgrade currency, people are going to need the hell out of all gear that they can in LFD. They will not wait until WoD. They know there is an impetus to build up their gold pile NOW, so they are doing it.

Like it or not, you know who made the policy. No need to be pissed with the players doing the dirty as they can (personally I don't - I still have like 45k which is shit). You know who to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Honestly these days why even bother being polite, I just need on everything I can and ignore chat, if I get kicked that's fine I just do the dungeons for boredom these days anyway. With the introduction of timeless isle the only reason anyone does dungeons is boredom, nostalgia, or transmog. Nobody needs that gear. So needing it to vendor or DE is equally irrelevant.
    Well I feel ya, but that is either an "I've been jaded by the game rules and joined the losers" comment, or a definite example of how shitty the community has gotten as a whole. Which puts you square in the middle of that shitpile.