Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    While I won't/can't deny that it would make sense to some extent...Ogres are probably the last race I would want to see being playable. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
    It'd be cool to see us rather get the smarter and much more "cultured" draenor ogres that have the ability to actually speak clearly rather than ME SMASH the azerothian ones do but hey that's my opinion.

But I'd have to definitely +1 the idea of playable ogres be they azerothian or of the multiverse draenor ones. They've been unplayable for far to long. Hell they should have been playable before the blood elves were but hey once again my opinion.
    "Mok'Morokk was made Overlord by Rexxar. He care more for power than he care for ogres.

Black dragons kill many ogre. Kill Tharg's wife. Mok'Morokk tell us to run. Make us come here.

Ogre should fight. Ogres not good at running. Mok'Morokk care only about Mok'Morokk.

Me call Stonemaul Ruins home. Me like it in the south. This place not home.

Help ogres fight army of the black dragon. Me want revenge. Me want to go home." - Tharg (Ogre leader of the Stonemaul)

Ogres of Azeroth really aren't that bad as people make them out to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Remove Monks from the class selection, and change their racial mount to Boars and I'm sold. Ever since day one, I've wished we had Ogres instead of Tauren.
    Why boars?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    If they do add them, it would have to be when we go to the Ogre homeland on Draenor. They would have to introduce females then. Perhaps some of the Draenor Ogres become a friendly faction to the Horde as they are not happy with the current state of their empire.

Classes:
    Warlock
    Mage
    Hunter (Starting pet would be a boar)
    Warrior
    Shaman
    Monk
    Death Knight

I didn't know of a single case of an Ogre being a death knight until I saw this, so it's proof it happens.

In terms of racials, I think they should get something that gives them a slight boost to tanking.
    '
    Again I don't see the obsession with ogres and bra. Orcs already get boars as hunter pets, so they would have to get something different, hyenas or bird of prey?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by animeprime View Post
    I actually wish they wouldn't. I understand and respect that many people like to roleplay as something new, but I generally think adding new races is a waste of developers time. You have new models to create and animate, every armor model has to be re-tailored for them and you have to create a whole zone or two that will only be seen for a few hours and then never accessed again. New races should only be added when they are integral to the story of an expansion like the Dranei and Blood Elves in TBC. Worgen had next to nothing to do with the story of Cataclysm besides their starting zone and Goblins have so many neutral organizations and cartels that they hardly feel like a horde race. I actually would have preferred Pandarian not been a playable race given the whole "Balance and neutrality" theme of MoP. If there was ever a time for Ogres to be a major part of the story it would have been this expansion.
    What about post expansion?

Yeah, i get the idea that when its current that's when people want to play them, but I've always been a fan of building up something and then introducing it as an option. I think it would have been better if they did MoP and then as we go into WoD, some of the pandas are like, "yeah, these guys are alright... let me go hang with them instead". They could do that with ogres, let us learn about them through quests and such in WoD, then when we head back to our own timeline we bring some that we recruited with us. Give them a intro land like the goblins, where you start in Draenor and through the quests "relive" the parts where ogres are recruited and then they go through the dark portal and are back in our timeline... though i guess that would be kind of weird when they have to go back to draenor at 60 and again at 90... but timelines are BS anyway, screw logic. (the LK is always alive 70-80)
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Any race who fought the Scourge would have a possibility as Deathknights, arguably. The most skilled of any killed were risen to such a rank among the endless infantry. And Ogre DKs seem as obvious as peanut butter and jelly to me as a theme and visual concept.
    And you actually specifically slaughter a small army of Ogre mercenaries in WC3 when Arthas first starts down his fallen path close to his claiming of Frostmourne not long before succumbing to undeath, dead bodies in Northrend didn't tend to just rot back in those days. There is ample room for explanation here I'd think, no?
    Yeah, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Sorry, but all races have to have a female and male counterpart.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Yeah, you're right.

Why?
    Just imagine an Ethereal with breasts. Invisible bandaged soul breasts.
    I personally am annoyed by the idea we need to make every race into an anthropic reflection of humanity just to satisfy the political correctness which gets a little out of hand these days with so many people recognizing very real problems in society with human rights leading to a sensationalist backlash that can risk seeming like overcompensation. But a lot of people playing MMOs really like to identify with their avatar, so it's understandable to me as a desire if a little silly in places where the animal the race is based on has no recognizable sexual dimorphism beyond checking under their tail.

But I think female ogres would look neat, if they aren't too sexualized. I love female Vrykul and the female Titans like Eonar's avatar, although there are just so many comedic niches here begging to be realized. Imagine an ogre in a wig and make up, and that's all. Oh, and enlarged muscular mammary glands straining against leather or fur or something. Ooh La La!
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Ogres should've been playable long before Blood Elves, Goblins and Pandaren for the Horde. Christ they make more sense than Forsaken as a playable race.
    I agree Orges makes more sense than Blood Elves and Pandaren. Personally, I prefer Pandaren to have remained neutral and non-playable. That seems to suit their more. But I think Goblins should in the Horde. The equivalent to Gnomes in making machines for the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Why?
    Equality? There are girls that play this games and some only play females toons. My guild's has members that are like that.

ogres looks cool, but i changed my mind about them, after what i saw in the lords of war series
    Be feared, or be fuel

+1 Yig's arguments.

In my personal opinion, more things from WC1-2-3 are good points to continue expanding WoW:
    -Ogres.
    -Naval things/wars (turtle submarines!!!).
    -Resource conflicts for both factions (yeah...we all remember the rush to take the second Hero in WC3 eh??):Oil stations, Wood (Ashenvale!!), Mines , etc...
    -Old Death Heros (coff coff...WoD).
    -Revived/returned old heros (or retcon): Arthas, Illidan, Deathwing, etc...(with some luck, another Scourge-lord could bring again Blackhand and Lothar!! Common Bolvar!! Give them a second round!!!).
    -SubClasses (control an Amani troll again!!!).
    -Easter eggs of oldevents (archimonde skull in Hyjal...awesome...but then, Cata punch!!!!).
    -etc.etc..etc...

So yes, I want Ogres too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Just imagine an Ethereal with breasts. Invisible bandaged soul breasts.
    I personally am annoyed by the idea we need to make every race into an anthropic reflection of humanity just to satisfy the political correctness which gets a little out of hand these days with so many people recognizing very real problems in society with human rights leading to a sensationalist backlash that can risk seeming like overcompensation. But a lot of people playing MMOs really like to identify with their avatar, so it's understandable to me as a desire if a little silly in places where the animal the race is based on has no recognizable sexual dimorphism beyond checking under their tail.

But I think female ogres would look neat, if they aren't too sexualized. I love female Vrykul and the female Titans like Eonar's avatar, although there are just so many comedic niches here begging to be realized. Imagine an ogre in a wig and make up, and that's all. Oh, and enlarged muscular mammary glands straining against leather or fur or something. Ooh La La!
    Ha! The thought of a female Ogre scares me. It would be funny if the females are super beautiful and that's why they're hidden away.

I also love the Female Vrykul!

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    ogres looks cool, but i changed my mind about them, after what i saw in the lords of war series
    Different ogres...