Deleted

Questions regarding the new gems and what not.

Hey MMO-Champ!

So with all the new patches I din't really have too much time to check everything out and read it up.
    From what I read from guides and hear from people its best to get 48% ish crit as TG warrior and 11% haste and after that go full mastery on gems.
    But still I see some of the warriors in high end guilds go for all socket bonusses and not doing that.
    Now I can't see their crit and haste on armory because it just says 5% on both for me.

So any advice for me?
    When to go for socket bonusses and when not.

Current: Crit 48,13%
    Haste: 11,55%

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aintank/simple

Thanks in advance!
    Paintank.

That stat guideline is a rule of thumb only when it comes to more secondary stats. It doesn't specifically say what the stat weights of Strength, Crit, Haste and Mastery are to one another because that's something that varies by character based on what gear they have. To best answer your question, you'd need to sim yourself to see exactly the ideal stat tradeoff.

For example: let's take your Tusks of Mannoroth. You could trade 30 Mastery rating for 30 Haste (if you gem Keen or whatever the Haste/Mastery cut is) + 11 Strength (from the socket bonus). Without simming your stat weights it's hard to say what is the better option. If you really want to be sure you're getting the most bang from your buck, refer to these two posts for more information.

Post 1

Post 2

However, given how ridiculously faceroll Mythic SoO is the only reason to get this exact about it is for damage ranks. Also, that stat suggestion in the Fury thread is based off of Raid buffed values, so you'd have 53.13% Crit and 16.55% Haste if what you posted was self-buffed values. This isn't necessarily a bad thing to have as 11% Raid buffed Haste is the minimum you'd need assuming zero latency to get 2x Bloodthirsts per Enrage window.

I switched to this gem stratagy for my second raid night, and felt I preformed better with it. I actually got a really good single target parse on blackfuse (in just 582 gear). Most of my slots are crit/mastery. I pretty much sacrificed as much crit and haste to be at 53% and 11% raid buffed.