Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did CM golds on two characters in early 2013 with a group over the course of about a month, a healer and a melee dps. Four of us stuck with it the whole way, but the fifth spot (a dps spot) kept turning over as a lot of the people we invited just didn't have the patience to learn it. I think we had four different people in that spot before we finished all the Golds. We only ran for about 3 hours a week though, so maybe 10 hours per toon spread out over a month to get both of them done.

I will say that it took me effort to find a group of people with the right temperament, patience, and skill level to do Gold runs with. I had some false starts before we built our good group. A lot of people just aren't adaptable enough with their skills, or quick enough with their keyboards.

I didn't bother doing CMs on all my alts for exactly that reason - I didn't want to have to find all the people and reset endlessly while they went through the learning curve. I suppose if I had *really* liked and wanted any of the other armor sets, I might have considered paying for a set of runs just to get it over with, on all the alts. And since I know CM gold runs inside and out, and I know how to play all my toons well, I would have definitely been an "easy" carry as I would have done my share of dps or whatever, and not made stupid mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    This is going to sound kind of weird, I was in about ~20 cm carry groups (I know, not even close to a lot) and pretty much every single one of our "Carries" was perfectly good enough at the game to get into a group on there own and do it for free. That just made me feel bad about selling, because it basically let people take a "lazy way" out, and prevented them from enjoying the "Challenge" involved in CM's to me.
    Don't underestimate the challenge of finding a decent group, getting your first 9/9 and being accepted into the clique of CM runners. That's daunting to a lot of people, especially if they don't have guildies/friends to knock out at least the first few golds with. Some people have plenty of gold and have no problem paying to not have to deal with all the hassle. Both parties win IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.