Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arzamar View Post
    i know current state of enha is very weak in both pvp and pve but guys, dont you think there is still time to balance? i mean retri was weak too but they get like %20 increased damage buffs and now they are in okay tier. dont know what you thinking but i really want to main my shaman in wod and have a little hope for enha
    Perhaps PVE wise, it's a numbers fix that can make it competitve.

PvP wise, the problems are the weak mechanics, having clunky mechanics for literally everything. They have a sheep with CD, an AOE stun with stupid mechanics, low mobility, weak survival CDs. The only thing that fixed enhancers in 5.x was burst. Now that it's gone and lvl 100 talents are a joke (so easy to counter), well...

Shamans feel like they get everything, but just in the most painful way possible. Others have AOE instant CCs, ours needs a charge up time. Others have CC breakers, we need to precast it. Others have strong survival CDs, we have 30% shitty damage reduction. Others have strong off healing without a price, we have to sacrifice a lot of damage for low offhealing. Others have high mobility and/or strong ranged damage, we have low mobility and weak ranged damage (if your target runs away, you just can't stand still and cast LB, you need to close the cap to the target).

And that list goes on and on and on.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-10-25 at 09:41 PM.

I will play the class i enjoy no matter what is their op or not. so i'd say go go shammy!

Question from a real casual player (what you folks would call a "Scrub" probably)

So am I missing something or is the enhancement toolkit like crazy more detailed then other melee?

I seem to be able to melee, have several procing systems for that, the AOE system is complex I get an easy chain lightening, but also the more complex fire nova system.

I also have a pet cooldown management system here to tie into my fights, and also I have to plan around the unleash elements stuff.

I log onto my ret paly and it seems like a toddler system compared to this? Same with a arms warrior and frost DK?

One question: what is the best way to use unleash elements? sadly on the global cooldown otherwise id macro it to something.

The class seems to have a ton going on and I am certainly going to get taken to town in pvp of course as u do have to work harder then other classes but in the end maybe its worth it? (unless you are a min-maxer)

Deleted
    do you not think that itll be all balanced at 100? i know the pre-patch screwed everyones dps numbers etc over. but the game is now balanced around lvl 100. surely when the new stats take effect, like multistrike, enhance especially should start getting better. or at least i hope so, shammy has been my main since vanilla. but dunno if thats going to continue. i like enhance but the sheer number of buttons... lol played resto for a short time during ulduar etc. never really tried elemental.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    do you not think that itll be all balanced at 100? i know the pre-patch screwed everyones dps numbers etc over. but the game is now balanced around lvl 100. surely when the new stats take effect, like multistrike, enhance especially should start getting better. or at least i hope so, shammy has been my main since vanilla. but dunno if thats going to continue. i like enhance but the sheer number of buttons... lol played resto for a short time during ulduar etc. never really tried elemental.
    No, i'm talking about lvl 100. Have been doing some BGs at lvl 100, was pretty painful. We rely more than any1 else on others to CC our target or heal us through burst.

Elemental relies on multi strike, so it should help (though elementals look pretty strong at lvl 90 single target dps wise). According to sims, lvl 90 performance is a lot better than lvl 100 performance.

And enhancers wel are totally undertuned for lvl 90 and lvl 100, but they keep up for the moment because of FET on short fights. At lvl 100, we will have normal FET uptimes, so it will be bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    Yes it's balanced around 100, that doesn't mean it's in our favor. Shaman on 100 is worse than on 90, by a mile. Elemental is pretty much unplayable PvP wise and the second weakest specc PvE wise, in sims, without movement. (So the most favorable situation for Ele). Enhancer is exactly one place above Ele mind you, so not much better.
    Resto is about the only specc that's somewhat playable and even they aren't worth bringing in PvE because other classes offer what they do and more and their one saving grace "absurd healing when able to heal" is done by rdruids also, except with much more survivability, cc and other advantages.

The they the hammer to shaman for no particular reason and left the class in a devastated and desolate state.

Deleted
    hmm that was my fear, that you were talking about 100. seen a lot of YT vids saying enhance is on the poor side. just hoped it wasn't true

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    NO
    For the love of god no, don't make the same mistake we all did :'(
    This is the answer to everything, pretty much. Once you go shaman, you never go back, cuz we all hope for better days one day.

It will be soon, right guys?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Have you considered ret pally, OP?

Nice middle ground between feral and enhance. They got some buffs recently.

Now between those two though, i would go feral if you haven't got a passion for enhance. Honestly the only reason to go enhance is if you like it, no other reason at all. Pull less dps all while pressing more buttons.

I will definitly play Shaman!

Try´d some other Classes but after sometimes it feels just wrong not to be a shaman...

But i am really sad for some clunky and odd gameplayand Talents, but what should i do? I love my shaman...

I don't get it, Enhance is great atm! althou, the reason I think so is because I was terrified they would completely ruin it

cons:
    They neutered ascendance, hits like a wet noodle now that it doesnt scale with mastery anymore (blah)
    Offhealing is gone, we still got instant healing rain and surge, but healingbounce and healing tide are gone, + the talent has been severy nerfed (% cut in half + dps way lower compared to HP than earlier)
    Can't cast LB while moving anymore, no idea why they did this, such a good quality of life thing just removed..

pro:
    CD of spells now scale down with haste,
    Insane(!) aoe with fire nova, magma totem isnt useless anymore
    spec feels a lot quicker now, kind of like the glory days from late wrath ^^ (GCD capped)
    I've no idea what to write here.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love my shammy and will play it in WoD, since 6.02 has shown me what to expect I am playing my Ele shammy and she is depends on the fight holds her own..

Deleted
    Play a shaman because you enjoy it, main one because you love it. I can't really think of any other reason you would main a shaman other than if you love the core idea of elements and totems and such, I do, and as such, will be willing to deal with BS just to play my favorite class. If you feel like you aren't into shaman that much, I would urge you to roll something else, shamans have a tendency to be... unpredictable.

I'm a pretty casual scrub nowadays due to lack of time (the last two expansion i raided mostly normals - on and off, mostly off ), so I'm not the most trustworthy person to be talking about mechanics and what works currently and what doesn't...

...but, over the last few months in the Beta, i have tried and experimented with every single class and spec (did LFRs, heroix, some Arena and BGs - again nothing too serious, but i'm extremely competitive when i play, so i try to squeeze everything out of the class) and out of all of them i ended up playing the Shaman over 70% of the time.

It's just.. freakin' fun! All the concerns people have stated are (mostly) valid and i can certainly see some of those being quite a problem (especially in PvP - where i 100% agree Shamans are weak). But what i found was that even while loosing i ended up having more fun then when i was wining on other classes - hope that kinda makes sense

Yes, EQ should die in a fire, and the totem system is completely non-functional in today's WoW, and the pruning didn't really work (though they said Shamans are the worst offenders, wat?) and the off-healing is (almost) completely gone, and the lack of mobility, and <insert everything else that doesn't really work>... but all the sweet delicious pewpew action is still there, and is even more #savage (lol) then before

Oh and you can sh1t talk CL all you guys want.. you all know you can't live without the complete and pure nerdgasm the spell is when it Multistrikes like 4 times from one go!

Deleted
    I main a druid, of various specs, because I love playing it.

My advice is always to look within yourself for whatever you find most fun to play. You can crush the meters without actually having any fun and you can struggle in the middle while having lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I main a druid, of various specs, because I love playing it.

My advice is always to look within yourself for whatever you find most fun to play. You can crush the meters without actually having any fun and you can struggle in the middle while having lots of fun.
    As bad as it sounds, position on the metres is at least a contributing factor (for me at least) to my enjoyment. I can't say I'd have fun playing a class with a perfectly fluid rotation featuring lots of intrinsic detail and reactive abilities if I finished middle after trying my best.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    Shamans have very low DPS. Ele is at the bottom and Enhance is very near the bottom (though enhance has some AOE potential). Feral will have more offhealing, and far more DPS. Given the option of playing either there is no reason to take the shaman.
    Wow.... just wrong. plz link where this is the case.
    And if youre going by simulationcraft, GG it changes nearly every couple of days where Ele has been top 4 and bottom 4 throughout the last month. The game is balanced and continues to be balanced. And also GG if youre going by simulationcraft which is stand still. Have you seen any of the T17 fights? quick spoiler, lots of movement.

OP play what you enjoy playing. if youre good enough, it shouldnt matter what class you play.

As bad as it sounds, position on the metres is at least a contributing factor (for me at least) to my enjoyment. I can't say I'd have fun playing a class with a perfectly fluid rotation featuring lots of intrinsic detail and reactive abilities if I finished middle after trying my best.
    And likewise spamming fire nova and tripling most peoples aoe dps isn't exactly the most fulfilling other than for the comments it causes from others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I do. Reroll for Hunter (after 6 cute years <3 )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with you on this one Anzen, I have to enjoy the mechanics but it's more fun when it's competitive. Even though know I realize that abilities like CL and Howling Blast pad meters it's still fun to rank high on recount in 5-mans, LFR or Flex (normal now). I never flaunt meter results but it motivates me to try harder.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2014-10-27 at 02:46 PM.