Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    WoW does a very poor job of teaching levelling-players what to expect at max level, and it comes as a shock to them.
    "But I've never had to heal the tank more than once or twice a pull; now I need to heal not only them but others almost full-time?"

If you think it's good that low-level dungeons can be breezed through healer-less, I'm sure you'll find many who disagree.
    A group of 5 players who are new to the game and without BoA's are not breezing through dungeons healer-less. If there are places where that could happen, then the tuning is definitely wrong, but that's what the leveling experience has to be balanced around, because not everyone is going to be decked out in BoA's and running a dungeon for the 1,000th time.

I definitely agree that the WoW leveling experience does a poor job of preparing or teaching people about max level play, but increasing the necessary coordination and skill required for leveling dungeons is not the answer. That will just lead new players to level without doing dungeons because they'll be too frustrating, or cause them to quit.

What should be done is to utilize proving grounds type solo instances every X number of levels which slowly introduces players to their class abilities and role as they level up. If that sort of system was in place then you could have some more increased responsibility through the later leveling dungeons, but you can't just make those dungeons harder and expect new players to just figure it out.

Had this a while ago on my Monk.
    Cant even remember what dungeon i was tanking but it was a day or 2 after the patch hit.

The healer hardly ever healed and we had 2 DPS that kept pulling stuff.
    After dying twice on a boss because the healer wasnt paying attention at all and cause the dps started the boss when the room wasnt cleared i said something about their behavious and that i wish their next tank a lot of luck and left.

1 of the 2 DPS then kept whispering me about me sucking and how awesome he is etc.

To many people keep thinking of how easy those dungeons used to be and cant imagin that Blizz made them harder with the patch so they just blame RNG or crappy tanks instead of actually paying attention to whats going on and adjusting.

This is my opinion and it doesn't apply to everyone, but tanks that are bad now weren't good 6.0. Tanking has changed a lot and the play style is changed now. A lot of tanking, and again this is my opinion as a 14/14 Heroic (pre-6.0) raider, was pretty faceroll and if you did a few things right you preformed like a god (looking at you Prot Paladins). Now I think there is less room for error. To minimize the amount of damage you take and maximize your output and mitigation you have to be quite a bit more precise. Gone are the days of hitting buttons and hoping for the best hello are the days where tanks must actively try. This again is my opinion based of the facts of my guilds tanks and do no reflect on all players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Lol. Yeah, in a level 55 pug, thats going to happen, right? "Hey dps, stop aoeing for about two seconds so we can kill one while the other is cc'ed?"-and while you are saying that, they are already four packs ahead of you, one already dead, the healer dead from trying to heal him, and the other person sitting afk.

Level 55 shit should not require coordination with these people. I'm sorry, I've been playing this game since 04, and right now the tanking is NO fun for a brewmaster levelling. NONE. You get chunked through your cds, through shuffle, through elusive brew.
    Excuse me what?
    You used to require CC's as low as ragefire chasm and now you can't expect coordination anymore from a lvl55 dungeon?
    Btw, brewmasters are currently messed up in general so i wouldn't use those as a example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Btw, brewmasters are currently messed up in general so i wouldn't use those as a example.
    That's not a valid excuse. There were times where an inferior spec is able to do very well to be able to do cutting edge PvP or PvE. Vanguard as a Ret Pally in PvP would be one example. Heck, even when Priests were considered to be the worst healers upon Cataclysm's release, it didn't stop them from getting geared up and raiding.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2014-11-05 at 03:32 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Been lvl a rogue latly and was on one dungeon (wailing caverns) where i joined while the dung was in progress (first boss dead) and tank was just afking. Done almost whole dung (except last boss) without him (me rogue tanking) - finally rest vote kicked him and we got a new one (killed last boss without healer - dc). All that without any problem or death. Other dungs (shadowfang keep and blackfathom deeps) tank was pulling all the time without stop - no deaths. Its just smart pulling, some cc and youre good to go. Maybe itll change later in lvl process - well see (25 now), for now its good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    That's not a valid excuse. There were times where an inferior spec is able to do very well to be able to do cutting edge PvP or PvE. Vanguard as a Ret Pally in PvP would be one example. Heck, even when Priests were considered to be the worst healers upon Cataclysm's release, it didn't stop them from getting geared up and raiding.
    While that might be true, we are talking about different roles and things here.
    Brewmasters went from "only use purrfying brew in raids" to "need to spamm it so survive" This is a huuge difference for what is a tank. You feel like you have as much (maybe a bit more) armor as a dps class yet you are taking blows here.
    Can they do the job? Sure but it will require a lot more work and brewmasters need to relearn of their key mechanics.

Blizzard designers have definitely closed the survivability gap between tanks and DPS, and frankly that's a good thing. It shouldn't be the case where tanks are 10x more survivable than DPS so that DPS immediately gets murdered if they grab aggro for half a second. Tanks should also be using their resources on mitigation skills where appropriate (and it should be appropriate often).

If tanks are used to just jumping around and throwing down damage, then it's okay if they have to learn that they have survivability skills on their bars. It's stupid to even have those skills if they're never going to be useful.