Tol Barad, how do you get in?

I got in earlier today on one toon for the win and free honor. Then I went back on a different toon tonight. At the 15 minute mark I jumped onto the bridge and joined the queue. There was only one other person. While waiting around, a few other people showed up. Battle started and my queue didn't pop. Wtf? I was one of the first ones there, shouldn't I have been first in the queue?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I got in earlier today on one toon for the win and free honor. Then I went back on a different toon tonight. At the 15 minute mark I jumped onto the bridge and joined the queue. There was only one other person. While waiting around, a few other people showed up. Battle started and my queue didn't pop. Wtf? I was one of the first ones there, shouldn't I have been first in the queue?
    That's not how it works afaik.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

queue takes 5 random people and puts them in, it doesn't go first come first serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    queue takes 5 random people and puts them in, it doesn't go first come first serve.
    Then it's not a queue

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Then it's not a queue
    Sure it is. You're still waiting your turn in line. It's just choosing you by random rather than in chronological order.

7+ Year Old Account
    You have to manually put yourself in the queue. Sometimes if you are in the zone a pop up will ask you if you want to be added to the queue, but you have to be in there one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    You have to manually put yourself in the queue. Sometimes if you are in the zone a pop up will ask you if you want to be added to the queue, but you have to be in there one way or the other.
    I was, moments after it opened. That's why I was waiting on the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Sure it is. You're still waiting your turn in line. It's just choosing you by random rather than in chronological order.
    No it's not a queue, it's a pool of prospective players. You just don't get any special advantage by getting there sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    No it's not a queue, it's a pool of prospective players. You just don't get any special advantage by getting there sooner.
    Right, and any queue is a pool of prospective individuals. Some are simply chosen chronological, some are alphabetical, some are random. They're still queues. They're still pools. All "queue" really means, when typically used, is that you're in line for something. It doesn't mean you'll be attended to chronologically. Choosing your team for dodge ball with all the players lined up? Still a queue, even though you're selecting them based on merits and popularity rather than who's the leftmost person.