Thread: Arcane Barrage

Deleted

Arcane Barrage

Before 6.0 arcane barrage used to hit like a truck, and after the patch @ 90 it felt like wet noodle. Also heard ppl saying after the patch that it doesn't scale well or something. How is it now at 100?

My mage isnt level 100 yet but I was also disappointed at how little damage arcane barrage did. It feels like I cast it just so that I could get rid of my stacks, not to do damage.

ArB is OK @ 100, and so is arcane. Frost beats it, but it's there if you really want to play it.

Deleted
    Is it still only arcane charge "dumb" or does it do some respectable cleave on 2-5 targets?

Better to use evocation (when off cd) instead of AB when you need to dump stacks, AB is laughable
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

True, it's always better to use evo at full stacks when you're ending a burn phase, but you still need to use barrage for conserve. Or for cleave when using explosion, but AE stacks charges very inconsistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    True, it's always better to use evo at full stacks when you're ending a burn phase, but you still need to use barrage for conserve. Or for cleave when using explosion, but AE stacks charges very inconsistently.
    Ikr? I don't get it why they don't just give it a 20% chance to proc a charge per target hit. Or something along those lines.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Arcane is one of the worst dps specs in the game at 100 for pve. Not as bad as fire though.

I always thought that would help. It's not like being guaranteed a charge with five targets would be unbalanced, with arcane's aoe the way it is. AE x4, Barrage would feel a lot more interesting. Plus, we don't even have the single target supremacy arcane's always had over the other two specs, because of the way Frost's cleave interacts with PC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Arcane is one of the worst dps specs in the game at 100 for pve. Not as bad as fire though.
    This, they completely destroyed Barrage. It's not worth using at all other than to reset stacks, not even with 5 stacked targets. It needs to be changed to do 3-4 times more dmg against NPC targets.