WoD Combat weapon of choice

I'm new to combat spec in WoD. What are the choices for weapons for the combat spec? Is it just anything other than daggers?

2.6 Main Hand 2.6 Offhand. BiS for Combat is heroic (warforged) Mace from the last boss in Bloodmaul Slagmines without crafted weapons, raids etc.

Deleted
    MH 246 mace + OFF 214 mace
    OR
    MH 246 mace + OFF 246 dagger

better?

I'm pretty sure two slow weapons have been optimal for combat rogues for a very long time, when they changed combat potency to scale with attack speed. I haven't played combat since God knows when but Main Gauche procs OH no? That would make a 2.60 or whatever is slowest the better choice because its damage is percentage based.

Yes a slow weapon in the offhand is better for the fact that Main Gauche damage is based on your offhand. Also, slower weapon in offhand = more damage in offhand which is better for killing spree. Finally, could say that a faster offhand is better in the offhand for Combat Potency procs, but this is now untrue since they changed combat potency a few years ago so that it has a higher proc rate with slower weapons. So yes. Slow Main Slow Off.

10+ Year Old Account
    For weapons of the same level, 2.6/2.6.

Given variable itemlevels and variable stats, any combination of slow/slow > fast/slow > slow/fast may pull ahead (with that general priority of MH/OH speed) - consult shadowcraft/simulationcraft as needed. Yes, the idea of a dagger MH was not the case in MoP, but may be in WoD (mastery).

I'd poke back at the source but most if it is in the 172-page megathread for WoD.

@Aullahh this means either dagger/mace or mace/dagger for your example. Which is ahead depends on mastery and such.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-11-21 at 01:56 AM.