Poll: Most viable tank?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    As a healer I have to say Death Knight. The amount of self healing is so damn helpful!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors or DKs, the other 3 aren't as good in current gear.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Thanks, I think it will be the warrior, but not sure as DK surivability is nice

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the easiest of the tanking classes as mentioned before it would be my first time tanking at max level

Quote Originally Posted by sethers656 View Post
    Hmmm this seems strange to me.... My usualy healer has done CMs with a Warrior/Pally/Bear said he would rate Pallies>Warriors>>>Bears. We all had about 630 gear level, so unless it's just players making the differece, I"m really interested to hear more about why you rated them like that. My healer swears Pally tanks are OP right now and that Bears are Garbage, while you have an almost opposite view.

OT: From what I've read/heard/seen it seems more like Warriors=Pallies>DK>Druids>Monk
    this is what I'm hearing as well, which is really sad to me as our newfound mythic raiding guild was planning to roll with Druid/Monk. >.<

The monk has decided to reroll Warrior and we have a backup Protadin until Druid tanks get buffed. Pretty annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    An excellent monk or DK is an awesome thing to behold. If you know how to play your class like a finely tuned piano, then their combination of active mitigation and heal/bubbles will really shine.

Few players are that excellent though, and unfortunately a poorly played monk will be much worse off than a poorly played warrior or druid.

Sig by Isilrien

As a healer i have to say DK -----------> Warrior > Paladin ------------> Bear. Haven't healed a monk yet.

Deleted
    Thanks for all of the answers

Which of the tanking classes are the best to choose if you are new to the tanking role?

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be playing with some janky ass warriors, because dks outclass them by far in cms for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    this is what I'm hearing as well, which is really sad to me as our newfound mythic raiding guild was planning to roll with Druid/Monk. >.<

The monk has decided to reroll Warrior and we have a backup Protadin until Druid tanks get buffed. Pretty annoying.
    Should try not to have both tanks in leather!
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Warrior = DK > Paladin > Bear > lolpanda

Warriors are better at taking physical dmg, where DKs are a lot better at dealing with spell dmg.

I dislike healing DKs due to them having self healing and increased damage intake and me relying on shields.
    All of them can be played well or very, very badly, however.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=5487/bear-form
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115069/...-the-sturdy-ox

Thats the problem with monks and why they are fairly fucking useless in anything harder than heroic dungeons. You can even argue that a gladiator warrior is a superior tank to a brewmaster monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsm View Post
    Warriors are better at taking physical dmg, where DKs are a lot better at dealing with spell dmg.
    I do think this pretty much sums it up. I've only experienced warrior tanks, as I'm a warrior tank myself. But doing Molten Core I did assign a DK to tank magic orientated bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Topkek View Post
    Warriors and Pallies are both in good spots, then dks/bears and then mage then brew monk
    This reminds me of Troxed's rant from War Ensemble. "LET'S HAVE THE GODD*MN MAGE TANK IT!!!"
    Allarise - lfgdating.com.
    In it for the mount hunting.