[Frost] How do you manage your elemental?

@thread.

Do you keep him on assist or on passive? Do you choose targets for him manually or macro /petattack to your abilities?

I have him on assist but water jet is on my bar. I use that halfway through casting my frostbolt so I get 2 definite fingers of frost, then cast frost bomb, etc.

Being a noob, I keep him on assist. I also frequently yell at him for bodypulling stuff I'd rather not have pulled.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    Bonded both pet nova and water jet to bars, also Macro'd pet attack into frostbolt

Quote Originally Posted by johnprescott View Post
    Bonded both pet nova and water jet to bars, also Macro'd pet attack into frostbolt
    Yeah that's what I do too, but I noticed he interrupts his waterbolt each time I switch targets and thought of maybe coming up with a more efficient way to manage him.

Deleted
    Well if you're switching targets, it's more efficient I he does aswell, so 1 water bolt on a mob that's nearly dead could stop 2 potential water bolts on your current target before he dies, overall being a bigger dps loss, So to conclude it! If you switch, so should your pet

I have macro's for everything with my pet, they are so bad in cm.
    I use move, follow, assist, passive, attack target, water jet, summon and frost nova.
    It is so bad

I have my pet set to passive at all times. I have pet attack macroed to my frostbolt and follow macroed to my pet nova. I mainly did it for pvp since he derps out on one target instead of moving with me when I start getting beat on by melee so I canfreeze them off of me. Helps a bunch with body pulling in dungeons as well cause you can see a pat coming and just make your pet come right to you. And of course I also have water jet keybound for better single target damage.

Deleted
    I have him on passive at all times. All his actions are bound to macros. It is necessary for owning noobs on battlegrounds. A chain is always as strong as his weakest link and, unfortunately, little Welly is part of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Gugus View Post
    I have him on passive at all times. All his actions are bound to macros. It is necessary for owning noobs on battlegrounds. A chain is always as strong as his weakest link and, unfortunately, little Welly is part of mine...
    For those of you using a macro for the Water Jet, are you all using this:

#showtooltip
    /cast Water Jet

Or something else? I'm finding that this macro doesn't reliably work all the time i.e. I'm clicking on it halfway through my Fb cast, and it works maybe 50% of the time (apologies if I've missed the obvious).

Quote Originally Posted by drsarcasm View Post

#showtooltip
    /cast Water Jet

Or something else? I'm finding that this macro doesn't reliably work all the time i.e. I'm clicking on it halfway through my Fb cast, and it works maybe 50% of the time (apologies if I've missed the obvious).
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nopet] summon water elemental
    /cast [pet] water jet

Which pretty much works like yours. Just sums elem if I don't have it already.

Dunno what's wrong with urs, it works for me perfectly.

#showtooltip
    /cast Water Jet

It'll queue it up, but afaik (I'd have to test to be sure), it's going to finish it's water bolt cast first. If that is the case, it'd be nice if there was a pet stopcasting command.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    It'll queue it up, but afaik (I'd have to test to be sure), it's going to finish it's water bolt cast first. If that is the case, it'd be nice if there was a pet stopcasting command.
    *facepalm*

Of course, completely and utterly forgot about the lack of /stopcasting and taking into account that it may in the midst of casting (and it doesn't help that I have Water Bolt combined with my Frost Bolt into 1 macro from days gone by where it was beneficial to do so)...

Thanks!

*facepalm*

Of course, completely and utterly forgot about the lack of /stopcasting and taking into account that it may in the midst of casting (and it doesn't help that I have Water Bolt combined with my Frost Bolt into 1 macro from days gone by where it was beneficial to do so)...

Thanks!
    Uhh, no, /stopcasting makes you stop casting, not your pet. And it will NOT queue up if you use /cast water jet, it will interrupt waterbolt and cast water jet right away. Water jet has 1sec cast time and ~4sec channel time afterwards.