Aimed Shot? When?

When do you actually use it?

My rotation is Chimaera > Barrage > Steady > Steady. I don't have the focus for an aimed shot in the beginning and by the time I cast the steady shots, chimaera is off cd and can be used again, then steady shots, then barrage can be used again. I can maybe squeeze one or two aimed between chimaera and barrage, rarely.

In pvp I almost never use it because the cast time is so slow and it's not like I ever focus cap in pvp, either.

Stop Barraging in the beginning unless you got multiple targets and substitute it for an Aimed Shot.

Go ToTH and use Aimed Shot whenever you can afford it. Your gear must be extraordinarily shitty/you're just focus capping if you cannot fit any Aimed Shots into your shit at all.

Your math is also off.

Chim Shot has a 9 second CD, at worst your Steady Shot takes 2 seconds to cast, and Barrage 3 seconds.

Chim Shot > Barrage > Steady > Steady = A 2 second gap till the next Chim Shot. This is where you put an Aimed Shot instead of AFK'ing or whatever you do in the 2 seconds that somehow disappear for you.

Then you use Chim Shot at the 9 sec mark of the fight, then two Steadies, bringing you 13 seconds in, but Barrage has a 20 second cooldown, and you used it after the first Chim Shot, so there's like 7 seconds that disappeared into the void where you could fill both Steadies and Aimed Shots in.

Else it might be this.

Or aliens are abducting you mid-rotation. ;p

Aimed Shot all day errday nonstop

are you lagging?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    100%-80%/Rapid Fire: Chimaera Shot > Aimed Shot > Steady Shot
    80%-35%: Chimaera Shot > Barrage > Aimed Shot > Steady Shot
    35%-0%: Kill Shot > Chimaera Shot > Barrage > Aimed Shot > Steady Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Surely you'd save Rapid Fire for when the target is below 80% so you'd benefit from careful aim from 100%-80% and then again during rapid fire? - obviously depending on the length of the fight and how many times you can use rapid fire.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Surely you'd save Rapid Fire for when the target is below 80% so you'd benefit from careful aim from 100%-80% and then again during rapid fire? - obviously depending on the length of the fight and how many times you can use rapid fire.
    No. 10chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    No. 10chars.
    Why? *confused*
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Why? *confused*
    Because stacking a fuckton of Haste with the fact that your cast time abilities will almost always crit (Steady/Aimed) and with the fact that you'll have 2 trinkets up is more powerful than spreading the benefit of just the increased crit chance. Rapid Fire enables a fuckton more Aimed Shots for its duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Where will murder of crows fit into this?

You use it on cooldown. He was listing shot priorities.

Only "wrong" part is that Chim Shot is > Kill Shot in terms of priority. Not that it's a big deal in the slightest.

Hey Azortharion, Can you explain briefly is okay, why chim is > kill - i use kill soon as it pops regardless of chim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    Where will murder of crows fit into this?
    On CD, obviously. I didn't count in MoC, because I consider it as a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind View Post
    Hey Azortharion, Can you explain briefly is okay, why chim is > kill - i use kill soon as it pops regardless of chim
    It's a bit complicated actually, but I'll try to make it short:

1) The longer a fight is, the more "fuckups" you have time to make. Fuckups are in this case Chim Shot delays.
    2) When Chim Shot delays add up over a fight duration, you lose Chim Shots.
    3) By the time you enter KS phase, you will have racked up Chim Shot "delay seconds", how much you have delayed it each time added up, but you will have 0 Kill Shot "delay seconds".
    4) By choosing Chim over Kill, you add 1 out of the 10 delay seconds required to miss a Kill Shot.
    5) By choosing Kill over Chim, you add 1 to what is almost definitely more than 5 secs of Chim Shot delay, only 9 sec is required to lose one.

The TL;DR of this is that you are way more likely to lose a Chimaera Shot by prioritizing Kill Shot over it, than vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account

1) The longer a fight is, the more "fuckups" you have time to make. Fuckups are in this case Chim Shot delays.
    3) By the time you enter KS phase, you will have racked up Chim Shot "delay seconds", how much you have delayed it each time added up, but you will have 0 Kill Shot "delay seconds".
    4) By choosing Chim over Kill, you add 1 out of the 10 delay seconds required to miss a Kill Shot.
    5) By choosing Kill over Chim, you add 1 to what is almost definitely more than 5 secs of Chim Shot delay, only 9 sec is required to lose one.

The TL;DR of this is that you are way more likely to lose a Chimaera Shot by prioritizing Kill Shot over it, than vice versa.
    Wow, dude. This actually is something I never considered. I just thought KS >= CS

Thank-you kind sir!

When shots have long travel time, does it become Kill->Chimera->Kill? The delay isn't noticeable most of the time, but on Ragnaros there was a lot of downtime between Kill Shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    When shots have long travel time, does it become Kill->Chimera->Kill? The delay isn't noticeable most of the time, but on Ragnaros there was a lot of downtime between Kill Shots.

Travel time shouldn't make a difference. Kill Shot travels faster than normal as well (80 or 100 yards a second instead of 40).

very helpful thank you !