[Leatherworking] First Piece of 640 Gear

I now have 100 burnished leather to create one piece of 640 gear from the Supple set. Now once this is created, it's something I'd like to start upgrading which will take time. That being said, I want to pick a piece that will last.

Based on our Simulationcraft thread, I want to pick something that doesn't conflict with our BiS tier set pieces. That leaves the following options:

• Cloak
    • Boots
    • Bracers
    • Waist

Do you think this is a good idea? Suggestions?

Whatever you don't get after clearing normal/heroic the first week.

Wait until the day before raids open. make the piece that is the biggest upgrade.

Deleted
    It would be smarter to buy the item and upgrade it for 150
    Crafting an item = 100
    1st upgrade = 150
    2nd upgrade = 300?

Deleted
    Legs seems like a good idea, since they drop from last boss in Highmaul. I went with shoulders because I already have 536 legs, so the 4 extra ilvl was too small for my liking.

Deleted
    With the upgrade thing there, I figured a slot that wont be replaced with a set piece would make sense.
    Like cloak, or bracers or something.

The helm, chest and legs will provide the most stats for your crafting materials. And you can get an ilvl 640 helm from the Molten Core LFR.

So then the choice comes down to the chest and legs. That would depend on which is a bigger upgrade for your current gear set. However, a chest piece drops from the first boss in Highmaul and the legs drop from the last boss.

Personally, I would make the legs first if all your other gear was of equal ilvl.

Deleted
    I am waiting until the last moment to make my armor pieces and it will pretty much be what ever i need to replace. Im keeping in mind that in my guild we have 1 boomie, 2 resto druids 1 feral. So pretty much any leather gear is gonna go be contested since it is agi/int now. The best things to craft are the big items so chest, head, legs. Since the 540 helm from MC is available for free that is out. If you are doing your CMs just see what you can replace. I think mine might have to be chest.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    It would be smarter to buy the item and upgrade it for 150
    Crafting an item = 100
    1st upgrade = 150
    2nd upgrade = 300?
    Define smart, by that logic you might as well buy step 1 and 2 then upgrade to 3 or buy that too...

OT: My plan is to simply wait till raid time and see whats missing from CM gear.

Deleted
    For me it was between boots or belt and i ended up crafting boots. Rolled nice also, 100 crit 78 multistrike.

Today first piece of CM gear. Got a helmet with abysmal stats for combat. Im so pumped. At least i do not need to wipe 4 hours in LFR for an epic. I had to wipe 4 hours in UBRS for my helmet!
    /endrant

Whatever you craft, don't be upset when you don't get maximal usage out of it.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I have been Engineering/Mining since Wrath. Hit 700 on Mining yesterday & promptly dumped it for Leatherworking. I have the Engineering building & the Tannery in my Garrison. Just made my Engineering helm yesterday, rerolled it & went from Versatility to Multistrike. Saving my Gearspring Parts for the upgrade mech now.

Decided to dump Mining because the Mine at my Garrison gives me plenty for work orders and such. Picked Leatherworking because Rogue, gonna make the Cloak first, then the mount. After that, will go for any one of the three; belt, boots or bracers to complete the WoD Unique-crafted '3-piece'. I will save the chest, shoulders, gloves & legs for raid gear for the 4-piece bonus!

A question; will the first World Boss be dropping latest Tier gloves & legs as has been the case in the past? I always ran whatever the latest World Boss there was on the weekly to try and get gloves & legs…
    Last edited by Boil; 2014-11-27 at 05:41 PM.