Deleted

How many missions can you have?

How many missions can you have? Do I have to complete some of them to get new ones?

Yeah same question...

It's not clear yet whether completing missions you don't want in your log improves the generation of new ones. They will go away on their own in a few days, but do they keep you from getting ones you want in the meantime? Time will tell.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Cap seemed to be 15 for me, am positive i didnt get any more than that for about 10 hours while waiting for resources for the lev 3 garrison and when i sent off to do 1 of the missions i got another one (bringing me back to 15) quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Cap seemed to be 15 for me, am positive i didnt get any more than that for about 10 hours while waiting for resources for the lev 3 garrison and when i sent off to do 1 of the missions i got another one (bringing me back to 15) quite quickly.
    My highest was 19 that I can remember for sure, I think it might've gone up to 21 at one point. That's with a level 3 Garrison. It seems really random when they disappear, honestly.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    My highest was 19 that I can remember for sure, I think it might've gone up to 21 at one point. That's with a level 3 Garrison. It seems really random when they disappear, honestly.
    Yeah could have to do with the garrison level as i was only level 2 at the time. Makes sense that it would go up to 21 with level 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    It seems really random when they disappear, honestly.
    I really wish there was a timer for how long the mission will stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I really wish there was a timer for how long the mission will stay.
    Yeah, that would be a big quality of life improvement. Not knowing makes planning out how to approach different missions more difficult.

OT: In my level 3 garrison with 20 active followers I tend to be around 20 missions at a time - I've seen it as high as 22, but it seems fairly consistent.

Hopefully it goes up once I get the last GR I need to build the level 3 Barracks I've unlocked and I have 25 active followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Yeah, that would be a big quality of life improvement. Not knowing makes planning out how to approach different missions more difficult.

OT: In my level 3 garrison with 20 active followers I tend to be around 20 missions at a time - I've seen it as high as 22, but it seems fairly consistent.

Hopefully it goes up once I get the last GR I need to build the level 3 Barracks I've unlocked and I have 25 active followers.
    With a level 3 Garrison and 17/20 followers at level 100 (remaining 3 being 97+) I average around 20 missions. I've had 11 active missions and 10 sitting in my wait log at one point. I do find doing large chunks of missions seems to decrease and keep my log at a low point for awhile before being boosted up to 20~Ish again randomly (and rather frequently.)

Probably worth noting is the level discrepancies of the missions. I get around 10-14 below level 100, and 6 or so for level 100's.... Makes leveling those blue level 100's difficult.

Good reference to the level 3 Barracks; perhaps the huge amount of missions is to suit a level 3 Barracks?

And finally, yes, a timer for when missions will disappear is so important; blizzard should reward careful planning (to optimize a higher success rate on really important missions) because at the moment, I've felt nothing but bitter disappointment when I finally cap my followers ilvl to make a mission go from 67% to 100% only to find the mission long gone.

Okay, maybe someone can help me out here:

I have a lvl 3 garrison, 20/20 Follower and all of them are lvl 100.
    But I only have a maximum of 4 availabe missions per day?

What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeks View Post
    Okay, maybe someone can help me out here:

I have a lvl 3 garrison, 20/20 Follower and all of them are lvl 100.
    But I only have a maximum of 4 availabe missions per day?

What is going on?
    I dunno, I just started hitting that point myself, and suddenly I only have 2 missions at any point in time, down from 15 yesterday - and I still have 15 on my alt who is a little behind on follower ilvl.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-11-23 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    I dunno, I just started hitting that point myself, and suddenly I only have 2 missions at any point in time, down from 15 yesterday - and I still have 15 on my alt who is a little behind on follower ilvl.
    You get far less lv100 missions as they take longer to do, lv100 missions tend to be 4-10hrs long each, so you can't spam them as much. If you have lower level followers you can activate, I'd suggest doing that to get more missions, or to go out and find any low level followers you haven't collected yet. many of those low level missions are resource missions to help your resource supply, or if you need missions to unlock achievements to get other lv3 plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    You get far less lv100 missions as they take longer to do, lv100 missions tend to be 4-10hrs long each, so you can't spam them as much. If you have lower level followers you can activate, I'd suggest doing that to get more missions, or to go out and find any low level followers you haven't collected yet. many of those low level missions are resource missions to help your resource supply, or if you need missions to unlock achievements to get other lv3 plans.
    When your followers are level 100, and you are starting to do these long-hour missions. Try to get yourself the "Epic Mount" trait, to reduce the mission time with 50%. =) It will make it all so much more worthwhile. I am farming followers from my Inn with Epic Mount traits, as I think they will be highly sought after in the end-game Garrison Missions.

Hope this helps!

I don't think that's the issue here. What's the point of 20 follower if you only get 2 missions.

Besides, I saw screenshots from other ppl around here, sitting on 15+ lvl 100 missions

Quote Originally Posted by Reeks View Post
    I don't think that's the issue here. What's the point of 20 follower if you only get 2 missions.

Besides, I saw screenshots from other ppl around here, sitting on 15+ lvl 100 missions
    I solved my problem kinda - I had about 48 hours straight of 2-4 missions, where I could barely keep 6-7 guys in missions at any one point in time, so I fired 3-4 x 100's and went around collecting noobie followers.

Suddenly I have 15 missions at any point in time, and 10 of those are <2 hours. I run them all with the 100's. I make an extra 400-500 gr a day by doing that, along with about 10 ilvl upgrades per day and a ton of dust from salvage, feels kind of stupid that they just remove them all if you don't have a sub100 on your team :/

My guess is that it's an unintended result and will be patched to give more missions soon.

Up until that point though, take out 2 or 3 followers and then add in a 90, 95, 98 and you'll see the missions start to come back.