Garrison for a RAID char...

Guys, as far as I know (not much btw :P) I should have Warmill and a Barn as end builds for raid, correct?

Question, my 2 profs are Ench and Engee and I have got some gold with me, about 300k, so WHY should I build a freaking barn? Just to farm Savage blood? Am I wrong or we can buy it from AH?

So if I can buy it, why the trouble? What builds should I have then?

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Get both Trading Station and Lumber mill, the garrison resource cost of leveling followers plus maxing out bunker/warmill orders is high. Inn can be placed temporarily later to get Milhouse Manahouse and a scavenger follower if you haven't got one already.

Salvage yard and warmill is mandatory if you want to get the most out of the follower game.

Barn is about gold. Great if you are poor and like farming. No direct value for raiding.

Alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds good!

About the scavenger, mannnn i was crazy abou this and started to farm followers... and got NONE! Finally I got one traits/skills ReRoll and used, first time GOT IT! I was soooo happy lol

Thank you very much for those tips Teryx, very helpful!!!

Deleted
    What's so interesting about the Bunker? All it does is give you a charm for free. I'd rather pay 500g more per week to get the 3rd one than lose a large plot to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What's so interesting about the Bunker? All it does is give you a charm for free. I'd rather pay 500g more per week to get the 3rd one than lose a large plot to it.
    I did not know you could pay for it. So what do you suggest? I just want to make sure I get best as possible to Raid!.

Thank you!

War Mill/Bunker also lets you do work orders for follower gear upgrade items from excess garrison resources (100 GR per work order). However, that won't start to become useful, because everyone is too resource starved to take full advantage of that. It remains to be seen how viable that will be in the long term (maximizing it would require 600 garrison resources per day). I also don't see the extra bonus roll being all that big of a deal given how cheap and easy it is to acquire them through other methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You don't do the bunker for the charm, you do it for the boxes that have a chance to contain follower armor upgrades.

That being said, you can stockpile charms now since they're impossible to buy until highmaul comes out.

@Tiberria it's 20 GR per work order, and people who aren't doing it are just putting themselves behind. You could be getting 645 ilvl items from missions right now if you had from the get-go
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Large: Dwarven Bunker & Barracks
    Medium: Barn & Lumber Mill OR Trading Post
    Small: Salvage Yard & Your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Large: Dwarven Bunker & Barracks
    Medium: Inn & Lumber Mill, use alts to get it lvl 3 fast and get phylarch the evergreen working in it
    Small: Salvage Yard & Your choice
    Fixed.

Barn is good for alts as the materials are used for crafteds and feasts, but 0 reason to have it on a main until you don't need the character bound benefit buildings
    Inn fills holes in your follower lineup and lets you get stuff like epic mount / scavenger easily to expedite your follower processes.
    The lumber mill @ level 3 matches the trading post for resources gained, the achievement to unlock level 3 is account wide.

I would also recommend swapping the barracks for a stables temporarily once you're followers are 100/mostly 100 - it costs 150 to place and you will make back 250 the first day, then 120 each day until you unlock the mounts. You probably weren't going to be affording barracks lvl 3 anyway if you were rushing warmill / lumber / mission spamming unless you're ridiculously lucky with missions anyway, so this is a good way to get more resources for little work.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Barn is good for alts as the materials are used for crafteds and feasts, but 0 reason to have it on a main until you don't need the character bound benefit buildings
    Inn fills holes in your follower lineup and lets you get stuff like epic mount / scavenger easily to expedite your follower processes.
    The lumber mill @ level 3 matches the trading post for resources gained, the achievement to unlock level 3 is account wide.
    Yeah if you can get Barn L3 on multiple alts it'll be better to have the Inn on your main, but for those who can't Barn is still probably the best idea for more Savage Bloods. Lumber Mill L3 should provide more GR with the follower than Trading Post though.

Question... if I replace a build, lets say I replace a LM3 for a for a Inn, if i want to build LM again, will it come level 1 or 3? Ty!!!!

Thats alot of nice info, I will read this at least 2 times to make sure I get it all thanks alot!

Yeah if you can get Barn L3 on multiple alts it'll be better to have the Inn on your main, but for those who can't Barn is still probably the best idea for more Savage Bloods. Lumber Mill L3 should provide more GR with the follower than Trading Post though.
    Yes lumber mill is recommended, but if you use trading post optimally it'd be equal resources. I have things to do outside of wow though, as i imagine most people do even if it's just a healthy amount of sleep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lumber Mill L3 should provide more GR with the follower than Trading Post though.
    Even with the follower, it only matches the Trading Post. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blizzard change it at some point, considering the Lumber Mill's only purpose is resources, but right now TP lvl 1=LM lvl 3 for resources and doesn't require farming trees.

You could be getting 645 ilvl items from missions right now if you had from the get-go
    Or you could already have your first Highmaul Mission - but in that case (as it is for me) you'll probably be lacking followers to counter all 6 abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    Even with the follower, it only matches the Trading Post. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blizzard change it at some point, considering the Lumber Mill's only purpose is resources, but right now TP lvl 1=LM lvl 3 for resources and doesn't require farming trees.
    I'm not sure if i would consider having to cough up 30 herbs instead of 60 wood an upside...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Or you could already have your first Highmaul Mission - but in that case (as it is for me) you'll probably be lacking followers to counter all 6 abilities.
    That is very impressive, how long are you going to leave it before giving it a go (lest it disappear)?

That is very impressive, how long are you going to leave it before giving it a go (lest it disappear)?
    Not long. I've only one guy that counter effectivly, but by replacing one of the other 3 645 guys i'd be loosing one counter (so only +1) and minor boost from things like gronnslayer or boost when paired with X.

I'd say raiding people will actually get fully geared long before they have the ability to get 100% success at the highmaul raid mission - which in the end is only 5 itemlvl higher than heroic foundry gear.