Garrisons should complement your professions and not be 90% of the profession.

Anyone else feel like garrison buildings should complement character professions rather than completely replace them? It almost feels worthless to have professions on your characters, instead its more important that said character is level 100 with a decked out garrison.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just feel that garrisons aren't all what they were made out to be.

I like having my own little area, it's very pretty and all. But other than that I don't feel it matters to me. I feel that it takes people out of my interaction, the game feels a little more singleplayer than multiplayer because of the garrisons. For me anyway.

Current garrison design seems to be flawed, it is pretty much mandatory to have small plots that match your profession.

Only thing that is working meaningfully would be enchanting (DE for non enchanters)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I feel that it takes people out of my interaction, the game feels a little more singleplayer than multiplayer because of the garrisons. For me anyway.
    This is pretty much the worse part of garrisons, they're so alienating for an MMO.

My biggest gripe is that garrisons were supposed to be our own little custom place, but we're pretty much forced in to a cookie-cutter build for them depending on what we do endgame.

Personally I'd love the tavern in my garrison, but because of how hard it is to gather resources and the cost to upgrade buildings and do missions when you have them is so high, I have to use a LM/TP setup. Of course I'll keep the TP because of the AH, but when I ditch the LM, I have to replace it with a barn because it gives food buffs and savage bloods, which are needed to craft epics. If I ignore the crafting and the food, I can get the tavern. In the end that's probably what I'll do since I'd rather have the tavern than a barn.

And then there's the issue with some buildings being total crap, like the warmill/bunker. 20 resources per work order, and the work orders usually only give a SINGLE ARMOR SCRAP. I get more items from my salvage yard, and the salvage yard not only gives old xmog items with super low drop rates and items that aren't available to players, but it gives you otherwise unobtainable xmog AND raid loot! So why would anyone pick the warmill? Because of the free bonus roll a week. There is no point to that building other than that single item at level 3 and the two xmog sets that aren't very good because they aren't cosmetic.

At least the barracks has some value with the followers providing good buffs and the fact that more followers active = more mission runs = better chance at getting large crates of salvage from missions for your salvage yard.
    Originally Posted by Zorbrix
    Have you checked pages 1014 through 1034?

Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    My biggest gripe is that garrisons were supposed to be our own little custom place, but we're pretty much forced in to a cookie-cutter build for them depending on what we do endgame. (...)
    This! I mean, we can't even customize it with flags or cosmetic buildings, anything. Just visit my friend's Garrison and guess what? Except for a forge/jewelry place, it's exactly the same as mine. Barn, lumber mill, garrison, salvage yard... Same buildings, same followers.

Guide for garrison: get barn, get anything related to followers, gear your followers, do missions to try to get raid gear. Something not related to followers? Ignore it! Yeahhh!

On topic: professions are just dailies now. They haven't been able to make them interesting in a long time, but this is the worst incarnation ever.

Deleted
    Garrisons are really potent goldmaking tools now. Much stronger than professions themselves. If you have a garrison plot (with proper follower) without profession you're still doing fine, producing 12 war paints a day (1,2 darkmoon cards). While with Insc alone you only produce 5 war paints, slooooooooooooowly increasing to 10 at 700 skill AND you have to wait 5 days just to purchase the damn pattern for darkmon card! This affects all other professions as well - garrison plot allows you to make all stage 1 epic crafted gear right off the bat.

I somewhat like them. Instead of spending hours on end milling or prospecting stuff (with autoclicker lol) I just level up my army of alts, establish massive garrison tycoon and watch as hundreds of thousands converge into my account. Once the leveling grind is done, my gold making will turn into log in, do the chores in 30 min, sell on AH.

The only good PROFESSIONS are:

-Enchanting
    -Alchemy

And why is that? Because their cooldowns are not BOP. You can go to the AH and purchase the mats you need, you're not tied to the garrison increasing your output. Heck, with Enchanting it's actually a waste of gold to load up work orders because the dust is so fucking expensive - I found cheaper temporal crystals right off the AH than waiting for the work orders to complete!!!