Deleted

Which Ranged DPS is looking to be the strongest?

Hello!

My guild is terribly overcrowded by melee DPS and I've volunteered to reroll to a ranged. And so I was wondering which one is looking the best.

I know it's impossible to tell but there's always someone who knows. I know I should play the class I enjoy the most, but I once spent months stuck on an elemental shaman, DPSing my heart out, and still being stuck behind the far superior classes. It was dreadful.

Could any of you please help me out? Is there any sign of which classes are looking strong? And what about challenge modes? Any favorites there?

Kindest regards

10+ Year Old Account
    MM hunter is looking pretty decent this xpac.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Hunter stands out and laser chicken for challenge modes

I play shadow priest and we're doing pretty good right now too.

Haven't seen many mages, warlocks, ele shamans in challenge modes yet.

Every class is OP if the right player is playing it though.

It would be impossible to estimate throughout the entire expac. Classes will scale differently. Buffs and nerfs will be applied. Right now hunters are strong, but in 3 months, that may not be the case. Play what you want, or what your guild needs utility-wise. The dps will be there either way.

Deleted
    single target - prolly mm hunt

aoe - prolly lock

They are buffing shaman DPS very soon. I hope balancing ele out with enh, when they do.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Deleted
    Hunter for single target
    Mage for AoE now maybe.

Marks hunter is quite strong single target, but I can't for the life of me play a long-cast ranged dps wit ha bow. My hunter screams over groups in dps as marks, and in the exact same gear, is merely comparable with others as surv. I'm sticking with surv tho cause I like the playstyle compared to MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MM hunter is great atm, just a shame multi shot is so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    single target - prolly mm hunt

aoe - prolly lock
    Warlocks have the worst aoe in the game as of today
    Just play hunter, it's easy and with Blizz's philosophy it will be good all expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    Just play hunter, it's easy and with Blizz's philosophy it will be good all expansion.
    The cynic in me has a hard time hoping for that.

Hunters and Shadow Priests are the two strongest casters (single target). Uncertain where Warlocks and Mages stand with their recent buffs. You should however not, roll a closs based on the current classbalance, as it's very likely to change at different points of the expansion.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Hunters and Shadow Priests are the two strongest casters (single target). Uncertain where Warlocks and Mages stand with their recent buffs. You should however not, roll a closs based on the current classbalance, as it's very likely to change at different points of the expansion.
    This. While hunters are top single target ranged DPS at the moment, they may not be (and probably won't) when the next major class changing patch goes live. Ultimately, don't play because it has high numbers (truth is that ALL classes in WoW will do on average the same amount of damage in a real situation), don't be swayed to play that class. Play what you will have fun playing. Try out the classes and level them to 20, see what you like and focus on that one.

Though, I do have to say that leveling a druid is convienet is nice because you get a taste of every core class (warrior, rogue, priest and mage) in one character, so your actually trying out five different classes in a single toon. You can change your role whenever you want, so if you want to stop playing as a caster for a while and try out say, healing, you can do that