Did garrisons hurt professions?

I ask this because at the moment, I see no reason to have a lot of the main professions. Most of the garrison buildings yield the same items for the most part. They at the very least provide you with mats like enchanting crystals. So, I have to ask, did garrisons hurt professions?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

i think they did. i was making decent money off inscription until wod. now everyone has herbs out of their ears because of the herb garden so prices tanked.

I'm only holding onto Mining in the hopes that it's better off next expansion honestly. It's flippin' useless currently.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I think the main problem is that you *have to* level up alts a bit. I had my alts only to supporting main could stay on previous expansion's level and learn all recipes. Now you have to level those to lvl 92 (well, its around 91.7) to have the proffessions recipes and buildings for the extra cds. They need to be 98 to properly utilize buildings (you can build lvl2 buildings so a follower can work there).

It ruined mining for sure, but most of the ruining of professions come from the profession changes themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    i think they did. i was making decent money off inscription until wod. now everyone has herbs out of their ears because of the herb garden so prices tanked.
    You barely get anything from the herb garden though for the day.

Well, they wayyyy overdid the access to mining materials. My main's level 3 mine can pretty much support all of my alt's needs, including researchers, they don't even need their own mines. The herb garden feels much more appropriate; you get a good variety in small quantities each day, but you still need an herbalist/visit to the ah/a bunch of alts to fit your needs. The mine at level 3 is overkill OP.

I definitely like the direction they are going with professions, but don't feel they were executed as well as they could have. Not that you particularly need it, I suppose, but there isn't even any green entry gear you can make, and all the blue stuff along the way is unnecessary and a waste of resources, so basically most professions are all for crafting 640 epics. It only takes a few weeks to get your 3 and then the only things you can really do is make the upgrade things, make the re-roll things, or make more pieces for alts or the ah. I think it would have been better if there were 630 blue stuff (still time-consuming, but no set limit on how many you can wear) to make instead, and since you can only have 3 epic craftables, they should take much longer to make but also start at a higher ilvl. Most of them will end up being replaced quickly enough. While they added a lot of 'fun' things in other areas of the game, there also isn't a lot of 'fun' stuff for most professions to make.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-11-26 at 07:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    If you failed to make profit with Darkmoon Cards right now then shame on you. You could have made a fortune off of inscription.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It ruined mining for sure, but most of the ruining of professions come from the profession changes themselves.
    I like the way they changed crafting professions I no longer have to hope and pray that the (leatherworking/tailoring/blacksmithing) daily would give me a useful recipe instead of the usual PVP crap..

Now I can pick and choose the recipes I want..

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    If you failed to make profit with Darkmoon Cards right now then shame on you. You could have made a fortune off of inscription.
    yeah, people are being absolute retards buying the cards because the trinkets were good last expansion. I think people are just too confused to know how meh they are compared to other slots.

Also buying them so early before DMF seems to have been pointless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."