Aimed shot perk, what are your thoughts?

So, I have to say I am really enjoying MM this time around, the cast time on aimed is nostalgic and annoying, especially when you really want to squeeze in just one more on the mob your killing.

That being said I feel the perk is causing the same issue that old MM had with the old careful aim.

Current version: Aimed shot crits grant 20 focus.

Managing focus is the single most important thing any hunter must do while dishing out their rotation, and while other classes have crit based Procs , +20 focus is not a manageable proc, except during when careful aim is in affect.

Current careful aim: Grants 60% crit to aimed shot, and steady shot I believe.

During careful aim I love the perk, especially if TotH procs with Chime and everything else on CD, however after that initial bit, aimed shot critting becomes very Un welcomed, because pausing in your rotation is a no-no unless CC is needed somewhere etc; What this leads too, with MM being the CD and wait spec of the three hunter specs, is sudden focus capping because I thought I needed one more steady shot to balance my focus for my upcoming chimera and glaive.

Critical strikes are a tricky thing I feel to use as a proc source for anything other than a free ability or passive extra damage.

Just some Ideas I thought of while still keeping in-line with the crit:

1. AS crits reduce the focus cost of your next ability/shot by 10, given as a small buff for x amount of time

2.AS crits reduce the cast time of your next steady shot by x amount, maybe stackable?

I'm not interested in damage percent increases or free haste buffs, I would like other people ideas on how the perk could be modified while sticking to the idea of focus reduction or increase based upon something that AS does.

as far as i can see aimed doesent acctually give u 20 focus on a crit. it only gives u around 15 - 18 i looked at the counter and did the math based on regain for a crit. and i dont get 20+ each crit i get around 15 - 18

could just be its due to how the perk works but still

I haven't had any issues focus capping with the perk. I suppose it could be an issue with TotH but I have found TotH to be really awkward for MM so I haven't been using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I haven't had any issues focus capping with the perk. I suppose it could be an issue with TotH but I have found TotH to be really awkward for MM so I haven't been using it.
    what are you using then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
    what are you using then?
    For leveling/questing and dungeons, DB (even though it's supposedly the weakest). TotH and SF can fall off/not get used between pulls; you don't benefit as much when you are stopping/starting all the time. For raids I'll most likely use SF.

Although for MM I'm fine with TotH when combined with Focusing Shot.

FS is not that great at all due to the movemet penalty and raids have a lot of that.

Deleted
    I did 15k dps single target on heroic bosses with an gear level of 568 (I got in heroic by doing silver and tricking the gearscore with the epic skirmish items).
    620 heirloom bow, rest of the gear was what I ended up after getting to 100 in Spires of Arak.

So yeah I like the perks and everything about MM except for the lack of Glyph Choices (there might as well not be any Glyphs)
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2014-11-27 at 09:26 AM.