A section for EVE Online?

Hi all! Back when i played WOW I was along time browser of these forums.

I noticed that while other MMOs have been added, EVE has been left out.

Is it possible to add an Eve section?

10+ Year Old Account
    There has to be enough demand to add a subforum, and although EVE has a lot of players I am not sure we have enough people here who want a forum to justify one.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There has to be enough demand to add a subforum, and although EVE has a lot of players I am not sure we have enough people here who want a forum to justify one.
    Why not make a poll and see.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Why not make a poll and see.
    *looks at Eve Megathread*

>67 pages long.
    >Averaging 45 posts per month over the course of its lifetime. (1.5 posts per day.)

Since last "Can we have an Eve subforum" thread (which oddly enough old Blueobelisk posted in too):

>There have been another ~10 pages of activity have occured over the course of ~10 months.
    >Averaging 20 posts per month since that time. (.6 posts per day).

>Overall activity in the thread has only decreased compared to its lifetime.
    >Statistics are not in your favor.
    >Probably not gonna be an Eve subforum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

>67 pages long.
    >Averaging 45 posts per month over the course of its lifetime. (1.5 posts per day.)

Since last "Can we have an Eve subforum" thread (which oddly enough old Blueobelisk posted in too):

>There have been another ~10 pages of activity have occured over the course of ~10 months.

It might be because we get told to write in the megathread instead. thus no real discussion can come out of it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    It might be because we get told to write in the megathread instead. thus no real discussion can come out of it.
    ESO and Wildstar both have over 1k pages, heck Star Citizen is almost at 100. EvE won't get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Let's just say that, err, how to put this nicely....

The two games don't really share a target audience.

Yeah, we'll go with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Let's just say that, err, how to put this nicely....

The two games don't really share a target audience.

Yeah, we'll go with that.
    If you're referring to ESO and W* they seem to have a much larger audience than EvE
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

>67 pages long.

Where did you find this at?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'd support a sub forum for EVE, but tbh there'd be some incredible logic problems going on at MMO-C if we were given one. For example: Starcraft 2 has over 5000 posts and and there is not a single page that goes by where someone cries out for a subforum. Plus, since MMO-C has given every other Blizzard game their own section, it does not make sense why SC2 wouldn't get one. That's just one game, and there are many other games that have a higher status of activity other than EVE. Thus, while I yet support an EVE subforum, it logically does not make sense to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Where did you find this at?
    I just looked at the threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is the EVE-O community has plenty of existing forums, as well as a large network through twitter, a lot of the audience and attention goes there.

There is a small group of WoW/EVE players on MMOC, and as one of them, I really wouldn't think about coming here first to discuss EVE-O when other online groups already exist.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.