Demo or destro ?

With this new hotfix that came I was wondering what spec are you guys playing and if you would recomend one or the other. I leveled as demo and it was fun. sinc ehitting 100 i have been playing destro and I love it but sometimes feel like im lacking behind in some fights.

Deleted
    Demo is ahead on Single Target, Destro is ahead on fights with multiple targets. Pick what you like, or switch depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    Demo is ahead on Single Target, Destro is ahead on fights with multiple targets. Pick what you like, or switch depending on the situation.
    Even with the RoF nerfs? Thought that decimated destruction aoe from what I've heard. (at least 4-8 target aoe)

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Destruction simply because of the flexibility it provides, being very effective at dealing with adds, AoE and just about any situation imaginable, maybe except heavy movement.

Both pure single target and heavy movement are rare occurences and even there you can simply spec Serv/DS and it will provide superior single target and ok movement coverage as Destruction.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2014-11-27 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo all the way, funnier and also im tired of SOO Destro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Even with the RoF nerfs? Thought that decimated destruction aoe from what I've heard. (at least 4-8 target aoe)
    Destro got hit hard with the rof nerf, yes, but it will always be slightly ahead due to the havoc cleaving. Also, good usage of charred remains kind of makes up for the lack of rof.
    But yeah, after the buffs Demo is the way to go for boss fights, no question about it. It's simplu more reliable and deals more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the hotfixes / patch:

~630 HC Dungeon / CM: Demo > Destro > Affli, only 100- 400 dps differences between specs if gear is optimal, Desto still has the highest burst with 4 embers + cds

~665 HC Raid - no set: Destro = Affli > Demo, 200-700dps difference between specs with optimal gear

~695 Mythic Raid - set: Affli > Destro > Demo, 100-900 dps difference between specs with optimal gear