Deleted

Proving Grounds Silver help (Arms)

Any tips for proving grounds? I get through to round 8 but always struggle to get further.

Deleted
    eh? whats your ilvl? 520?

position yourself so that the amber orbs hit the mob you are killing but not you that is all and interrupt heals..

also when you have 20 seconds left between each wave as you should, wait to kill the mob so you can stay in combat and keep your rage up for the next wave

DPS Silver is a total faceroll.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2014-11-27 at 11:18 AM.

Ehm, tips for silver?

Use the amber to stun mobs, interrupt heals and kill the monkey... That's pretty much it. I did this as a fresh ding, ilvl 595 with lots of time to spare... Where is it that your struggling?

Deleted
    The monkey only even spawns on gold I think

Deleted
    Guessing its just silly mistakes on the last hurdle, such as being hit by the amber. I would assume its best to freeze the first healer and kill then do the same approach for the second? Haven't played my warrior (main) in ages, use to my range alt.

BTW, better or worse gear won't matter much in proving grounds. The HP of the mobs (and the damage they deal with tank/heal PG) will scale with your gear. Better gear = more HP. Worse gear = less HP.

It might be possible to game the system by using high ilvl pieces in pieces that have a large stat budget (weapon, chest, legs, head) and low ilvl pieces in smaller items (rings, bracer, cloak, neck, etc)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    BTW, better or worse gear won't matter much in proving grounds. The HP of the mobs (and the damage they deal with tank/heal PG) will scale with your gear. Better gear = more HP. Worse gear = less HP.
    Itemization still plays a huge role though, so better/worse gear is definitely relevant even if mobs scale with ilvl. :-)

Deleted
    Position yourself in such way so you can hit more targets with sweeping strikes and whirlwind. Try to rend targets that seem to be close or you pass by.
    Time your colossus smash accordingly to your rage pool so you do not waste it.
    Taking the rude interruption and wind and thunder glyphs may help you out with some extra damage and aoe reach.

Fury or glad as sad as I am to say the latter.

Deleted
    Here's my proving grounds video that I made back in MoP. Not sure if it still applies fully, but I've seen some people mention the sort of tips that can be found in here. People seem to like it. I hope it helps.