Savage Bloods, What the hell?

So I just finished out around 40 work orders (lvl 3 work orders obviously) which yielded 5 savage bloods all together,
    Thats ALOT of time for so few bloods, and for my 2 crafted items to be fully upgraded pre raid I need 60 , blizz Y U DO DIS?

Anyone else have gotten a different amount ?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you got one on each work order you'd be churning out epics by the bundles, obviously that's not the intent.

Savage Blood is intended to be a valuable and rare commodity.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Couple of alts with Barns also helps if you have the time to spare.

Savage blood is the top reagent tier for raid epics. its meant to be limited, just like previous raid reagents

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    So I just finished out around 40 work orders (lvl 3 work orders obviously) which yielded 5 savage bloods all together,
    Thats ALOT of time for so few bloods, and for my 2 crafted items to be fully upgraded pre raid I need 60 , blizz Y U DO DIS?

Anyone else have gotten a different amount ?
    Do you really think blizzard intended for you to fully upgrade your gear before raiding starts?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are already down to 1500 gold each on my realm :O
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    still 5k on mine, with only 7 available on AH, probably because of guilds stacking it instead of selling
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    If you got one on each work order you'd be churning out epics by the bundles, obviously that's not the intent.

Savage Blood is intended to be a valuable and rare commodity.
    To be fair, at a rate of 40 work orders = 5 bloods, he'd need 120 work orders for the first upgrade. That's 480 hours, or 20 days of constant work orders to get an upgrade. Compare it to the rate of aquirement of daily-cooldown items (12 from work orders, 10 from your CD), and the need for 100-150 per, you can see that you should probably be getting a new epic piece (or upgrade) roughly once a week - which seems fairly reasonable. So sure, it's supposed to be rare, but it feels dumb that it's the bottleneck for getting geared, when you already have your daily profession CDs as a bottleneck that limits you to spend a week gathering.

One question, OP - you say 5 savage bloods. I haven't gotten a level 3 barn yet, nor do I intend to anytime soon, but are you placing your skinner-follower in there for double yield? getting 5 would imply you aren't.

They're closing in on 1K here in my mid-pop realm. I don't know where they're all coming from so quickly.

They flux between 1.5-2k on my server. Really not all that much for their rarity, but you also don't need more than 15 for anything in particular from what I've seen.

I would say I'm averaging about 1.5 per day from level 3 barn. Some days you get one, some zero, and I did get 3 on my luckiest day so far. I would say a lot of people are buying them from the primal trader which is probably where most of them come from. I'm on a mid-pop realm, but I've yet to see anyone else trapping epic beasts in Nagrand while I'm doing mine, and I've gone to a few different areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    you need 30 to level a single piece from 640-665.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    They're closing in on 1K here in my mid-pop realm. I don't know where they're all coming from so quickly.

Many, many players.....with many barns & farming many primal spirits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

Savage Blood is intended to be a invaluable and impossibly rare commodity.
    *Corrected your shit. I won't be upgrading anything until i get loot from raid unless i'm super unlucky on rng.

you need 30 to level a single piece from 640-665.
    Yes, but the insane number of bop materials needed to make the item is a much bigger deal, IMO. If you are doing it yourself, you need 100 of w/e for the initial item, plus 350 between both upgrades.

That aside, Level 2 should add either a gem bonus or territary stat and level 3 should add the other, IMO, to make it worth the effort and investment and make the item potentially last longer for raiders.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-11-28 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Couple of alts with Barns also helps if you have the time to spare.
    No it does not. I am running three lvl 3 barns and there are days where I don't even see one savage blood.
    At the OPs production rate (which seems kind of similar to mine), that's 7 days of work orders for one upgrade.. again, with three level 100 toons (which you need for lvl 3 garrison and thus for level 3 barn) working at the same time.
    A single, "casual" toon (how dare he not even use an army of alts, pffft, nooby) would therefore need 1,5 months of constant work just to fully upgrade one item, so it's just slightly above normal mode ilvl.. and can't be warforged or socketed.

I really think that's a little bit too weak. I'm fine with not getting one blood per work order, but something like 50% chance, so it would take an average player (that uses one level 100 toon early in the expansion when the crafted gear is actually still useful) about 5 days per upgrade / 10 days per item, would seem fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    One question, OP - you say 5 savage bloods. I haven't gotten a level 3 barn yet, nor do I intend to anytime soon, but are you placing your skinner-follower in there for double yield? getting 5 would imply you aren't.
    I think I can answer that, since that's about what I have done so far.
    Yes, that's with level 100 skinning followers in each barn. The double yield doesn't imply that you only get even numbers of savage blood. Even with the follower that's still only one blood if your work order proccs one. Maybe the chance for savage blood is better, but that's about it.