10+ Year Old Account

Question Christmas with WoD, or without?

Hi Guys,

I haven't played WoW for more than 1 year (I left some time before the SoO patch.) and now I am thinking about returning for christmas. I will have enough spare time between 20.12. and the first week of 2015 to enjoy some sleepless nights and days with a game.
    I'm really interested in the new zones, treasures, rares and stuff, but right now I'm not really sure if it is worth it. The thing is, I don't want to keep playing after the holidays.

I enjoy leveling and especially exploring new zones but I am also a die hard perfectionist. Mounts, Achievements, Reputation, Weapon skills (if someone remembers )...etc. Just to give you a better perspective: I had "The Insane" (as in: all the required reputation) before the Feat of Strength even existed....Yes. That bad.

So I fear that I will be really disappointed, because with all the stuff to do, especially garrisons, followers, apexis crystal stuff, I probably won't come near any kind of "completeness" during those two to three weeks I could spare. Therefore I have to decide now, if it is worth spending 45€ just for seeing the new zones and stories but in the end having to leave nearly everything behind unfinished. My other option for christmas is the Starcraft addon that's available for just 10€ until next week.

Can you give me some advice from your point of view after having completed the zones and stories? Are they alone worth paying for? Will I be able to finish a garrison (everything lvl. 3) in only 3 weeks? Are there many things like daily cooldowns and other artificial kinds of gating that could ruin my limited time experience?

Thanks for your comments.

Deleted
    I do not think 3 weeks is enough time to get everything to level 3 in a garrison unless you have alts running garrisons also (because some of the achievements are required to get level 3 recipes will limit you), however level 3 buildings are not that spectacular, especially if you are not planning to play afterwards anyway.

3 weeks is more than enough time for you to "casually complete" Draenor, ie. levelling, rares, treasures, zones, professions, dungeons but whether you feel 45E (does that include your sub? Otherwise you have to add another 10E..) is worth it is entirely up to you. I don't personally feel you could do all of the above and complete reputations in WoD within 3 weeks because reps are very grindy. You are definitely going to have to leave some things behind unfinished.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard WoD comes with 1 free month of game time or am I mistaken? And grindy reputations are a lot better for my taste than gated ones like they were in MoP with those dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    I heard WoD comes with 1 free month of game time or am I mistaken?
    It does not, no. No expansion has ever included free game time and WoD is no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling/casual content in WoD is pretty nice, and you most definetly can complete it in 3 weeks. As an above poster said - full lvl3 garrison would require utilizing couple alts. However, after you complete all the zones, WoD becomes the most boring expansion so far, since literally everything is a timesink, and garrison is just a glorified time management game. Oh, and if you're into PvP - Ashran is the poorest WPvP implementation ever. It just sucks sweaty donkey balls.

If i were you - i'd spend the money on some games from the ongoing steam sale. My subscription runs out in 3 days, and i don't plan to renew it.