Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Sounds mind numbingly boring

Deleted
    I think this is one among the so many issues that WoW and similar MMOs have. They all feel like fast food games. Pretty ironic considering they are much more of a time sink than a single player game but they do have nevertheless this fastfood orientation of abandoning previous content as if it doesn't have its own life. I've always said that the environment in WoW feels totally dead,empty,boring. There is no life,no dynamic events, just a routine. Making old content still interesting is a good first step to multiply the possibilities to do in-game. WoW just almost feels like a rail-shooter in its progression.

GW 2 has introduced this idea but with leveling zones,not raids. And I think its the right direction to take with MMOs. But it seems that some people get some weird boner by one shotting a random lvl 40 boar or a black temple elite mob. Kind of weak appreciation of content in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    What about classic and TBC? Old school ZG and ZA FTW!
    He's obviously too young to have done those when it was relevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    A game of only raids (old ones at that)? No thx.

Is there anything of quality to do in WoW aside from raids?

Leveling>lol
    Pvp> ultra lol
    Dungeons> could be interesting but they are another snore fest

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    He's obviously too young to have done those when it was relevant.
    I did all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yphanh2002 View Post
    It seems a super interesting idea but I think you are over estimate number of people actually interest in old content. Let assume Blizzard open some realm that are: Level 70 locked, level 80 locked, level 85 locked,... ( or expansion locked). Do you think how many people actually play on that realm and how many of them staying on that realm for how long. Let's me ask the easier question: do you enjoy raiding in SOO for 15+ months? I for once hell no; I don't enjoy raiding SOO for that long. What I try to said is many people will really enjoy the "new locked content realm" and then the number of people will die eventually by time. Do Blizzard willing to invest into something that don't bring them much money compare to release new content, expansion,... ? I don't think so.

Another thing to back up what I said. Please list me how many successful private wow server ( by success I mean server is stable and last for like 2,3 years, have solid number of player on daily basic). On top of my head I can think of only one private server that last for around 5 years now AND they only have solid about 20k+ players on daily basic ( which is nothing compare to retail wow by the way). Why do I said private wow server? Because that's really what we are discussion right now. A server/ realm that have content gated and level locked at 70,80.85... AND also have a continuously support / fixing bug / fixing class....

Do you think Blizzard want to put human resources into something like that or even make something like that to sell for like 30,40 bucks???? Once again I don't think so.

TLDR: I don't think it bring enough money for Blizzard put effort into doing something like that. In the end money is the primary factor to decide something.
    Forget the realms all together. I'm talking about the new game with the same lore story as Warcracft but you see only the interface option of LFG. Think if League of Legends. You click PLAY NOW. Then you wait. Boom, you are in the match.
    Same can be done for WoW. But you only do the dungeons and raids. You only progress to higher level of raids when you have finished the raid dungeon.

Not a bad idea tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by tkbaby13 View Post
    I think you're on the right path.

As an MMORPG with multiple expansions, this game needs a TLP (time-locked progression) server. Basically allow players to play through each expansion in a shortened time frame to relive or even experience the wonders for the first time.
    I always thought their reasoning on why they can't do this is BS. Supposedly they over-write the server configs every time they release a new patch, but if a team of hobbyists can re-create private servers that are relatively close to live, the crack team of coders at blizz should be able to do so in a reasonable time too. If that would be too much work to justify I would be fine with using WOD as a baseline, scaling all level 100 abilities down to the appropriate damage levels for the expansion and just go off of that. Then they only need to worry about balancing the bosses and healing/damage and not the actual classes as much (as they should already be relatively balanced if you are scaling everyone back x%)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Don't wanna pay for content I already beat years ago and while I was there spent months upon months of. Anyone who raided in wrathj and had ICC for a year isn't going to want to PAY to do it all over again. Someone who has already experienced all the content and played it out isn't going to want to pay to do it again.
    I can see something like this mostly appealing to people who never experienced the previous content when it was current but I can't see to many wanting to pay for something they already did over and over again every week for 6-12 months.
    I agree 100%. No way in hell am I paying again for raids I cleared 6+ years ago.

If you want to run ICC, its there. Level a toon to 80, lock that toon's exp and use group finder to find like-minded people. Or use your realm forums.

The game needs to move forward, not backward. Nostalgia is a powerful thing (believe me, it hits me too), but the more time they spend on stuff like what's being suggested in this thread, the less time they would spend working on new content.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2014-12-25 at 07:42 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree 100%. No way in hell am I paying again for raids I cleared 6+ years ago.

If you want to run ICC, its there. Level a toon to 80, lock that toon's exp and use group finder to find like-minded people. Or use your realm forums.

The game needs to move forward, not backward. Nostalgia is a powerful thing (believe me, it hits me too), but the more time they spend on stuff like what's being suggested in this thread, the less time they would spend working on new content.
    You forgot one thing.
    When I do WotLK and I cleared all of them. And I want to do it again? No, you wait for one week. You see the problem? Every raids at WoW is GATED behind the "TIME". And find group for WoTLK? Yeah sure, with the chance of 80% that people will leave after wiping and then you have to call it. And your evening just wasted.
    And not everyone have cleared ICC like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    I always thought their reasoning on why they can't do this is BS. Supposedly they over-write the server configs every time they release a new patch, but if a team of hobbyists can re-create private servers that are relatively close to live, the crack team of coders at blizz should be able to do so in a reasonable time too. If that would be too much work to justify I would be fine with using WOD as a baseline, scaling all level 100 abilities down to the appropriate damage levels for the expansion and just go off of that. Then they only need to worry about balancing the bosses and healing/damage and not the actual classes as much (as they should already be relatively balanced if you are scaling everyone back x%)
    Exactly. I'm kinda sad that all these cool raid bosses with complex abilities, that you have to think and figure it out and overcome it with the group of players. They are simply forgotten now. These bosses, the concept of raiding, are the one of most coolest thing there is.
    See the Brawler's Guild, the concept is genius. You can repeat them 100 times if you want on daily basis. It is fun, but too bad it is only "solo". The concept is same, but it has to be with 5+ players.