I may never pay for this game again...

...depending on how this pans out.

New Ways to Play
    We’re exploring the possibility of giving players a way to buy tradable game-time tokens for the purpose of exchanging them in-game with other players for gold. Our current thought on this is that it would give players a way to use their surplus gold to cover some of their subscription cost, while giving players who might have less play time an option for acquiring gold from other players through a legit and secure system

Original here.
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    ...depending on how this pans out.

Original here.
    I personally like it. If they do something like Wildstar that would be cool.

I would come back and pay cash for a few months just to start my money flow then pay with gold forever. Getting gold has never been a problem for me. Not that I had like 100k but I could make 3-5k a week without trying if I wanted.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would cause a massive inflation, like on RuneScape. They have "bonds" there, which are similar to described above. Result: pretty much anyone can be a millionaire with a few micro-transactions and gold is worth jacksh1t.

I think it's an awful idea. I think it ruins more than it creates.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I personally like it. If they do something like Wildstar that would be cool.

I would come back and pay cash for a few months just to start my money flow then pay with gold forever. Getting gold has never been a problem for me. Not that I had like 100k but I could make 3-5k a week without trying if I wanted.
    100k is not very much. I wouldn't be surprised if one month of game time goes for over 100k. 3-5k per week is pretty standard for any player who just plays the game naturally. Without even trying, I'll mouse over my gold total and an addon tells me that I just made 600g in my play session when I don't even know what I did to earn that much!

Why not? EVE does it. Seems to work fine for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooja View Post
    100k is not very much. I wouldn't be surprised if one month of game time goes for over 100k. 3-5k per week is pretty standard for any player who just plays the game naturally. Without even trying, I'll mouse over my gold total and an addon tells me that I just made 600g in my play session when I don't even know what I did to earn that much!
    Ya I know it was just a example.

Soloing old raids and selling the junk alone can net u a decent amount of money.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    I think it would cause a massive inflation, like on RuneScape. They have "bonds" there, which are similar to described above. Result: pretty much anyone can be a millionaire with a few micro-transactions and gold is worth jacksh1t.

I think it's an awful idea. I think it ruins more than it creates.
    Inflation can only be caused when extra money is being dumped into the economy. This is simply an exchange of gold for an item bought with a different out-of-game currency (real money). This will have absolutely no effect on "inflation".

It will be a way for players who hoard gold to finally dump it. This stimulates the in-game economy.

Overall I believe this will have a positive effect on the overall economy (which is already far too inflated). The only means of keeping inflation down is through gold sinks at vendors or the AH cut, and if these time cards can be sold on the AH, then you just added an extra gold sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooja View Post
    Inflation can only be caused when extra money is being dumped into the economy. This is simply an exchange of gold for an item bought with a different out-of-game currency (real money). This will have absolutely no effect on "inflation".

It will be a way for players who hoard gold to finally dump it. This stimulates the in-game economy.

Overall I believe this will have a positive effect on the overall economy (which is already far too inflated). The only means of keeping inflation down is through gold sinks at vendors or the AH cut, and if these time cards can be sold on the AH, then you just added an extra gold sink.
    It absolutely will cause an inflation. Everyone who ever needs a bit of gold fast just buys one of those tokens and quickly sells it. Instant in-game gold, as much as you like. I very much believe that this system will be used more for getting a lot of gold in-game than saving a few euros a month.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

6.1 patch notes
    players can purchase game time token for 1k/day price.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    It absolutely will cause an inflation. Everyone who ever needs a bit of gold fast just buys one of those tokens and quickly sells it. Instant in-game gold, as much as you like. I very much believe that this system will be used more for getting a lot of gold in-game than saving a few euros a month.
    It could only sell for gold that is already ingame. It isn't a take the item and turn it in for gold. Its a take the item and sell it to players for gold that is already ingame.

It mite cause a little inflation at first due to people farming gold but it would die down. This type of setup has been in MMO's for awhile and dose not cause much if any inflation at all. Hell rift is a f2p mmo with this setup and it hasn't done it there ether.

Will it cause some inflation....maybe but it won't be no where near how high u think it will be. If that was the case the store pet u could trade would have done it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    6.1 patch notes
    players can purchase game time token for 1k/day price.
    I would pay that I would love a price per day system.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    Why not? EVE does it. Seems to work fine for them.
    Eve's economy is VASTLY different than WoW's. You lose nothing in WoW if you die. Lose your mega ship in Eve and you lose a lot in terms of time and money.

The real question is, for those who already un-subbed, is there a way to purchase the token without paying real money at first?

Do still have to pay for xpacs, but I wouldn't mind if they were yearly if that means no more sub fee here