[Logs] Balance DPS help

Hi guys,

I have been raiding for a few weeks now and I feel my dps is very sub par for my gear.

Logs from tonights raid.

warcraftlogs. com/reports/YCzmbW6NXawgkqA4#fight=8

us.battle. net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Arhalien/simple

except for Imperator I was using

I was using wowhead. com/item=109262 instead of Grandiose power, wowhead. com/item=113604&bonus=0 in place of wowhead. com/item=113651&bonus=0

I know theres no enchant on the 676 ring, I cannot justify the good weapon enchants on a 636 weapon.

Butcher is a fight i am particularly concerned with me dps on.

Deleted
    You refresh dots way too often, with perfect play your character sim around 25k dps on fight that last 4 30. Refresh moonfire only every 2 cycles if there is 30 sec left on moonfire there is no point of casting moonfire even if its with peak buff. Ideal scenario is to finish casting spells on peak and refreshing dot.

Quote Originally Posted by zelis View Post
    You refresh dots way too often, with perfect play your character sim around 25k dps on fight that last 4 30. Refresh moonfire only every 2 cycles if there is 30 sec left on moonfire there is no point of casting moonfire even if its with peak buff. Ideal scenario is to finish casting spells on peak and refreshing dot.
    Thanx for the response,

I have been thinking about how much I do use my dots and have been trying to tone it back but its a habit i have to break, I am still used to cata when we had no instant casts except dots and we got that stacking buff for using it frequently. During the knock back on butcher, or any other fight with movement, unless I have SS up and no empowerment currently going there's nothing else for me to do. Am i better off having that second or two of 0 dps than spamming moonfire/sunfire?

Deleted
    You can do one global cd durning kncokback and best scenario is to refresh dot but if you have already long duration dot you can cast starsurge and you should save 1 charge when he is at 90-95 energy.

Also never use Starfall on single target even if you just casted SS got 2 emprovments and still sit on 3 chargess it's better to spend it on another SS instead of Starfalling.