Deleted

Holy radiance & Light of dawn.

Hi!
    So some backstory. I've never healed as a paladin before, got my char up to 100 about 3-4 days ago i think and specced holy for the first time, watched some quick guides on icyveins and then just started doing 5 mans to learn myself.
    I found a highmaul normal group and it went well, later on (today) i found a highmaul heroic group and it went excellent. I was topping in most fights even tho i was lower ilvl than some other healers. Ofcourse i know HPS is not everything.

I've heard alot of talk about holy radiance and light of dawn being very bad and should rarely be used. However in this recent run, the highmaul heroic run i went (We got a full clear) i was using them on every fight more or less, the other paladin healer was not using them as much as me and his hps was lower than mine. Significantly on some fights, but we were almost equal on some others.

I'm very sorry that i don't have logs!
    However i hope that Skada will be enough!
    http://i.imgur.com/3NHukbT.jpg
    I am "Bonobos" To the left, to the right is the other holy pal. There you can see spell usages, i'm all the way up to 2.67m on light of dawn where he is only at 749k. I used Light of dawn a lot more on imperator than i did on other fights. I did this to preserve mana but it ended up working very good.
    At the end of the fight i was around 15% mana.

This was our hps at the end.
    http://i.imgur.com/1lYmTBQ.jpg

As you can see we were very close to eachother but i still pulled out ahead.

-
    Granted, there is alot of aoe damage going out on imperator so it might be why Light of dawn / Holy radiance is viable on that fight, however from my impressions they are not as bad as people make them out to be. Although they don't heal for too much they still seem to be viable in my eyes.

This is however from a "noobs" perspective as i'm very very new to the paladin class.

Armory link if it helps - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nobos/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc785098bf0a; 2014-12-27 at 02:23 AM.

Deleted
    Could I suggest changing your Light of Dawn Spell to the following macro:

/s I am currently not using any level 45 talent
    /cast Light of Dawn;

Deleted
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that.
    On that imperator fight it felt like using light of dawn was alot better than eternal flame in all cases pretty much.
    I should probably go for sacred shield next time.

Without logs I can't tell you if the other pally was just bad and not casting much or was actually healing "right", So I'll just hope it was the first...

Anyway!!!

I had a similar question regarding HR recently, one of my friends was kind enough to explain it to me, With the way it works and you know all that fun A = Y*4 / 2 crap that goes on with the healing numbers and targets and mana cost etc, that HR works out to at the time not heal enough to be worth the mana VS a holy light or FoL heal and just casting more to heal the group.

I also asked about Light of Dawn because I felt at the time like I should be using it more, but he put that one as "it's not worth it unless for some reason you have way too much excess HP at which point put an EF on someone in the group"

Here's generally how I heal.

Holy light spam the group, Why stop casting, no point to stop when you can pretty much endlessly holy light spam.
    Throw in Holy shocks on CD, If you have Arcane torrent use it as a piece of HP.
    Holy Prism on almost on CD, will hold it for things but usually it fits quite nicely with group damage.
    FoL tanks if they're taking too much damage, otherwise holy light should be a viable solution to their health.

Hand should be constantly used, I use my Sacs all the time, my freedoms when I see a root, I'll even BoP a caster if I think they might take a melee hit.

Your stun is a great friend, why let an add melee your tank if you can stun it?
    Most DPS forget to stun things when their urge to destroy sets in, so you can always stun every minute(30 sec with talent <3 it)

Here's the talent setup I use, with glyphs included.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#zlwBjz-GlykRq

Now I'll be more than happy to answer any Pally healing questions you may have, if I'm unsure of the answer I'm sure I can find it.

I'm not the best, but I do love my paladin and try to know as much as I can.

Deleted
    Off the bat i can tell that both of you don't make good use of holy prism. Rest is kinda hard to tell without logs, and as aladya said, i had same issue with a hpala from my guild, if u dont use EF u rather take SS and use it on tanks tho on a fight like that, if u use SS you might want to cut off some of those HR's since i see you probably use like 7-8.
    Last edited by mmocd67fc634cb; 2014-12-27 at 05:03 PM.

Holy radiance and light of dawn aren't bad at all. People complain about holy radiance being bad all the time here for some reason, I assume that's just a lot of people that played hpally during DS.

Light of dawn shouldn't be used if you pick eternal flame as eternal flame does more healing.