Deleted

PVP Shammy Dilemma

Hi guys,

I got serious dilemma. I love my shammy, I do arenas/bgs as ele, but it's really hard. I thinking about going enh, I used to be enh since start of MoP.
    Can anyone tell me something about enh at pvp right now? Like, what are stat prio, glyphs, any tips.

Thanks!

Tip: Reroll druid or play resto

Either way.. Ele dps number is pretty good if you dont get focus on.. HAHA..

I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP. Honestly, BGs can be fun sometimes when not being trained. SoTA is my favorite as an ele. Sadly, I'm lvling alts to cope with the ele inefficiency in pvp.
    Deathrites Armory
    Orc Elemental Shaman
    Bleeding Hollow
    7/7 Heroic Highmaul
    1/7 Mythic Highmaul

Deleted
    PVP. Shammy.
    That moment when you start to realize that you didn't get ANY memos during the last year

There are literally 0 enhance shamans above 2k in 2's in N.A , and 22 above 2.2k in 3's...If you really want to be useful go resto. In saying that, I still play enhance mostly with resto off spec. As always agility is number 1, after that I go with haste on gear, and versatility on rings/neck/cloak. 10% dmg reduction via lightning shield glyph is nice, I also use glyph of purging for those healing surges for when I'm being kited, and for randoms and certain arena comps glyph of shamanistic rage is good.

As far as tips, I haven't really got any useful ones I suppose, I think it just comes down to experience more than anything. I can outlive ret/frost dk burst in 2's while still putting up solid numbers in both dmg and healing, I know my rating isn't high at the moment, just over 1400, but our mmr is roughly 1550, and we beat a ret/frost dk with an mmr of about 1600, so they at least knew how to burst somewhat.

I may bitch and complain about enhancement, especially when facing any one of the op melee atm coupled with a healer...But I will always and forever be an enhancement shaman at heart.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Enhancement won't really be easier than elemental. DPS Shaman is an atrocious class and it's extremely hard to find good resources/guides because no one plays the specs at high PVP levels (no one to write the guides)...

If you insist on playing enhancement however, you'll have to do a lot of testing yourself. Prepare to be frustrated though, everything you do, ret/feral/warrior/DK will do better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    that's not entirely true. enh has purge, they don't. since rdruids are shaping up to be the top healers and there's a lot of disc fotm rerollers in the ladder, purge is very valuable right now.
    it's probably not the best spec out there right now but it's definitely playable. watch vanguards stream for a demonstration.

In ashran you will be standing with the rest of Range DPS/Healers and waiting for DK grip, or you will be just spam purging that Big World Alliance Boss Tree cause moving in first line will be your.. DOOM.
    You cannot intercept someone while running on mount or make any pressure or win 1vs1 combat , so running around in ashran looking for targets might be hard.

About Arenas.
    Well I've stopepd Arenas after few due to the enormous amount of Retri/Feral which I cannot survive..
    Only Setup that worked for me was Enh+ Hunter and Enh + Retri (Bop, Sacri, etc etc)
    About RBG..
    The only reason why I'm being picked for RBG is my 2000 achiev there.. and people think that I must be viable then.. (Spam Purge Bot - that's what I do)

Anyway.. Enh is challenging, no more fun.. you can reach high rating.. but.. it will be incredibly hard.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Enhance guide: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...man-guide-603/
    Ele guide: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/25...emental-guide/

But for the record, both spec is currently considered below optimal. It is really hard to find good team mates to get high
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Enhance is def. under the streamline for melee dps, as Tumble said however, it is one of the funnest classes ever implemented into the game in my opinion and will always be my favorite to play... I may not top damage, but I always enjoy logging on and surprising those ret/feral/dks that just aren't very good and get stomped. For the most part 1v1 you'll get batted away like a gnat, but you will have fun watching them swing while you survive their bursts with the million cds we have...

Deleted
    Maybe my reddit thread will help you a bit

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...right_now_pvp/

Elem had issues being focused down (train-ed) in PvP ever since WoW got released.

Blizzard has been unable to give Elem a competent viable defense for pretty much a decade.

Absolutely beyond amazing...

^
    Not sure if this is true,
    But it seems like back then ele shammy had the dmg to make up for the lack of defense.
    Now the dmg is mediocre

10+ Year Old Account
    Enh are decent in PvP atm, we don't deal amazing damage anymore but we bring solid utility. Get used to spam-purging in most settings.
    There's a thread in this forum where I discuss stat priority and gear, I set up a sort of informal BiS.

Otherwise, check arena junkies for the strategy guides.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nt-PVP-Gearing