Best guess when WOD will drop in price

Any guesses on when the price may drop $5 or $10? Was hoping they would do a Christmas sale.

15+ Year Old Account
    When the new expansion is on us, so not for at least a year. The expansion just came out and haven't even had it's first patch, they aren't going to discount the current expansion so soon.

Probably between blizzcon 2015 and Christmas 2015.

If MoP was anything to go by then WoD won't drop that low until the next expansion is very close to launching, my guess would be late 2015/mid 2016
    You just lost The Game

game only just came out, "too soon" for price drop.

The official price will not drop.
    However for WotLK and Cata, Best Buy had it on sale after 1 or 2 months.

If $10 is a lot money to you, I suggest to pass this game and try other F2P MMORPG.

I just didn't want to give them full price for consistently screwing over the alliance. I may just have to bite the bullet and re sub. I am subbing or lifer to several other games. I may drop a 6 month sub and see how it goes. I just miss BC and WOTLK. So many friends/players back then......... My free week is about up, I will see if I miss it.

Going by how quickly ros went on sale, I'm guessing early april will be a 30% price drop for a limited time, and then by black friday of next year we will have 50% off for the first time, then as the new expansion approaches we will see up to 75% off sales more often until the new expansion comes out. I doubt they will roll wod into the battlechest though.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by hotlava646 View Post
    I just didn't want to give them full price for consistently screwing over the alliance.
    LMAO - you've gotta be joking or trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I just didn't want to give them full price for consistently screwing over the alliance.
    Then wait for a few months.

You didn't miss much. The game is gated as hell.
    Everything is so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Going by how quickly ros went on sale, I'm guessing early april will be a 30% price drop for a limited time, and then by black friday of next year we will have 50% off for the first time, then as the new expansion approaches we will see up to 75% off sales more often until the new expansion comes out. I doubt they will roll wod into the battlechest though.
    IMO RoS isn't a great indicator because so much of the content is frontloaded instead of patched in like WoW. With a game like D3/RoS most people will buy it immediately or not at all, so a quick reduction in price doesn't hurt much because you're probably adding mostly buyers who wouldn't have bought it at all without a sale.

With WoW which is sub based and regularly being patched with significant amounts of content, it makes more sense to keep it full price for longer, as players are constantly coming and going and the content in 6.1 or 6.2 may convince people to resub and pay full price for the expansion.

Any guesses on when the price may drop $5 or $10? Was hoping they would do a Christmas sale.
    The base game is so cheap now that you might be waiting a while. I expect 6 months or so. Could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I don't care if I get infracted, I just want to point out how much of a wizard I am.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Good call.

Closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."