Your opinion on best alliance rogue race.

I would not make a thread if i would not have such a hard time deciding on a race for my rogue, nelf, human and gnome all have such good racials that i need some mmo champion expert advice i know that most people roll human for the extra dps trinket, though a root breaker or a second vanish looks sexy to. I am a nelf on my boomkin and i love shadowmeld for breaking combat or shadowmeld-prowl given i dont have any bleeds/dots on me and you have that most of the time in pvp.

Im leaning to nelf for the shadowmeld, and i will mostly do pvp. So let me hear it champions what will my rogue be.

Depends what type of PvP you're doing.

In arenas I can't imagine anything other than Gnome being best. Having a root break on a 1 min CD is just really strong, not having to blow Cloak or Trinket to stay aggressive is very strong in the current meta of dying in a stun.

In BGs I'd probably just go Human because it'll give you the most damage and BGs aren't super serious anyway.

Nelf is fine too for BGs, but I wouldn't bother with it if arenas were my main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Depends what type of PvP you're doing.

In arenas I can't imagine anything other than Gnome being best. Having a root break on a 1 min CD is just really strong, not having to blow Cloak or Trinket to stay aggressive is very strong in the current meta of dying in a stun.

In BGs I'd probably just go Human because it'll give you the most damage and BGs aren't super serious anyway.

Nelf is fine too for BGs, but I wouldn't bother with it if arenas were my main focus.
    Yeah gnome is up there to, root breaker on a 1min cd is great for melee classes, such a hard time deciding. I will mostly do arena and bg's.

Deleted
    shadowmelt for layf

... Dwarf! Stone form vanish saves up (and is more effective than) cloak of shadows so you can free vanish and still have a defensive. It's so good! Plus is breaks many roots and snares in the process as well as give you a break from DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    ... Dwarf! Stone form vanish saves up (and is more effective than) cloak of shadows so you can free vanish and still have a defensive. It's so good! Plus is breaks many roots and snares in the process as well as give you a break from DoTs.
    Totally forgot about dwarf, why does alliance have all the sexy racials?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Totally forgot about dwarf, why does alliance have all the sexy racials?
    ikr, makes me cry as a horde player

Quote Originally Posted by Vimmix View Post
    ikr, makes me cry as a horde player
    All my friends that play serious pvp changed from horde to alliance. I rarely see a good horde pvp player in my server atm.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Night elf n1, human n2.

Gnome, killing dem PvE Shreks with gnome is 10/10 feel.

Think it's between gnome and nelf, i rather have utility then more damage. How much of a damage increase it it with both the proc and on use trinkets? And maby gnome's root breaker is not that good when you already have burst of speed?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Think it's between gnome and nelf, i rather have utility then more damage. How much of a damage increase it it with both the proc and on use trinkets? And maby gnome's root breaker is not that good when you already have burst of speed?
    Both trinkets is a pretty big damage boost, but being stuck in roots means you do no damage at all. Root breaker is amazing, Burst of Speed doesn't break roots, only snares. So if you're stuck in a 8 second root and your healer is stunned behind a pillar or something you basically have to either trinket, cloak, or just stand there for 8 seconds doing nothing.

Honestly, unless you're pushing 2700+ your race isn't going to be nearly as big a factor as people like to think it is. In super competitive arenas I'd go Gnome, in BGs I'd probably just go Human or Night Elf for extra damage.

If I could make a third Rogue it'd be Dwarf.

Bleeds ruin my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Both trinkets is a pretty big damage boost, but being stuck in roots means you do no damage at all. Root breaker is amazing, Burst of Speed doesn't break roots, only snares. So if you're stuck in a 8 second root and your healer is stunned behind a pillar or something you basically have to either trinket, cloak, or just stand there for 8 seconds doing nothing.

Honestly, unless you're pushing 2700+ your race isn't going to be nearly as big a factor as people like to think it is. In super competitive arenas I'd go Gnome, in BGs I'd probably just go Human or Night Elf for extra damage.
    Yeah i thought burst of speed broke slows/roots and snares. Thanks all for your opinions will deside tonight and start the madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome for non-subtlety, human/nelf for subtlety, dwarf for those weirdos who think dwarf rogue is comparable to gnomes, nelves and human rogues.

pandas because they jump off cliffs and take no damage.

Dorf...............>Human>Gnome.

Deleted
    I really enjoy the Shadowmeld racial as a rogue, the amount of times it'll save your life is crazy considering it's merely a racial ability. Shadowmeld also scales with your skill/awareness level as you start using it aggressively to dodge crowd control and maintain pressure on a target.