Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    yea im also wondering

Hey Skullflower, I wanted to see your opinion on macro'd BT vs. RC come 6.1 for Unholy (Necroblight). I've used manual BT as 2H Frost and didn't have any issues, but as Unholy I have found RC to be much more manageable for me. With Reaping getting fixed, would macro'd BT come ahead of RC? I'm not really looking to use manual BT as Unholy, and I have no issues sticking with RC. I'm just curious what the stance will be with macro'd BT come the fix.
    Last edited by v1rus; 2015-02-19 at 10:02 PM.

Forgive me if this has already been said, but what is changing with Reaping?

They're referring to this bug. It's fixed in 6.1.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Bug-Explained

The 6.1 version isn't buggy, and actually works even better for Unholy.

http://sonofalich.com/forums/viewtop...=57#6.1reaping

Schi beat me to it, but yea that is the current bug. In 6.1 Reaping will work as intended. There is a section in Skullflower's guide that discusses 6.1 Reaping.

Deleted
    wonder if the BB bug will be fixed next week.

That bug is fixed too, yep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by v1rus View Post
    Hey Skullflower, I wanted to see your opinion on macro'd BT vs. RC come 6.1 for Unholy (Necroblight). I've used manual BT as 2H Frost and didn't have any issues, but as Unholy I have found RC to be much more manageable for me. With Reaping getting fixed, would macro'd BT come ahead of RC? I'm not really looking to use manual BT as Unholy, and I have no issues sticking with RC. I'm just curious what the stance will be with macro'd BT come the fix.
    Forgive me not being the guy you ask, but by looking at his guide manual bt>rc on aoe, which is most of brf.
    In 6.1, it appears that Reaping no longer converts Unholy_Death runes into Frost_Death, however, the intended design of Reaping is now functioning properly. This means that if we game Unholy_Death runes, we can effectively gain 2 runes to utilize in our rune arsenal for 6x Blood Boils. This is great news and better than what it was before. Additionally, this also locks in Blood Tap as the superior choice for Unholy AoE as its use is more reliable than Plague Leech in proccing Unholy_Death runes.

You can take advantage of this by letting 1 set of Frost and Blood rune recharge, exhaust all Unholy runes, and then using Blood Tap to proc an Unholy_Death. Or, with Plague Leech you would let the Frost rune recharge and exhaust all Unholy and Blood runes, and Leech to proc an Unholy_Death and Blood_Death rune. You would then repeat either of those 2 actions to proc an additional Unholy_Death rune.
    Also T17 4set is annoying as fuck because it keeps desyncing runes, so might aswell go full retard and use bt all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That bug is fixed too, yep.
    OMFG really? are you sure, i couldn't find any documentation on it.

Question of the day: Your aoeing like a champ with BB and adds are about to die-ish (flame bender wolfs for example) you still have death runes to spend on BB but your also RP capped and your speced for BT, do you:

A: ignore being RP capped for a few seconds and keep spamming BB, effectively wasting a charge or 2 of BT and 30-60 RP or
    B: Stop spamming BB and spend a DC or 2 not to over cap BT charges/waste 30-60 Rp but effectively waste an additional BB or 2?

Thats is today's dilemma lads, what are your thoughts on this?

https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/567795514658549760

If the adds are about to die and that ends the encounter, BB. Otherwise, if you'll be expected to switch back to single-target the boss, Death Coil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Forgive me not being the guy you ask, but by looking at his guide manual bt>rc on aoe, which is most of brf.

Also T17 4set is annoying as fuck because it keeps desyncing runes, so might aswell go full retard and use bt all the time.
    I'm aware that manual BT is superior to RC. I was asking specifically about macro'd BT vs RC come 6.1.
    Last edited by v1rus; 2015-02-20 at 09:04 PM.

I can't get my head wrapped around the Necroblight style.

Specifically, I don't understand what is supposed to happen during target switches.

Let's use a very simple example. Maidens. I'm merrily using a standard ST rotation on a kill target, keeping NP's duration healthy and allowing it to fall off when Blight is up. However, suddenly I have to target switch. Since I haven't been FeS'ing my new target, NP duration is much lower, and Outbreak/Blight aren't even close to being up, as they were used to maintain my ST rotation on my initial target. I end up blowing death rune after death rune trying to keep enough NP going, which I feel is a huge DPS loss. Perhaps I should just let it go and plague strike.

There has to be a better way to handle this very common situation right? Hanz/Franz is another one - where I'll be DPSing one and it'll jump away. Or even Flamebender and how I have to switch away to dogs, and the NP duration that had jumped over from the boss was less than ideal.

On maidens you want to BB before your maintarget jumps to ship, this spreads a full duration plague on all targets, giving you ample time to keep running your single target rotation on next target, this should work on Hans&Franz aswell but I had no issue with just letting it auto spread myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    I can't get my head wrapped around the Necroblight style.

Specifically, I don't understand what is supposed to happen during target switches.

Let's use a very simple example. Maidens. I'm merrily using a standard ST rotation on a kill target, keeping NP's duration healthy and allowing it to fall off when Blight is up. However, suddenly I have to target switch. Since I haven't been FeS'ing my new target, NP duration is much lower, and Outbreak/Blight aren't even close to being up, as they were used to maintain my ST rotation on my initial target. I end up blowing death rune after death rune trying to keep enough NP going, which I feel is a huge DPS loss. Perhaps I should just let it go and plague strike.

There has to be a better way to handle this very common situation right? Hanz/Franz is another one - where I'll be DPSing one and it'll jump away. Or even Flamebender and how I have to switch away to dogs, and the NP duration that had jumped over from the boss was less than ideal.
    BB before target Switch, it will copy Highest Duration on your target to the others

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    BB before target Switch, it will copy Highest Duration on your target to the others
    Looks like I have been missing a huge piece of the puzzle. Thanks for the simple answer!