Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpackage View Post
    Hi guys, having some issues on Mythic butcher, we are only about 20 pulls into fight and wanted to see if you checked my logs as well as our druid tank to see anything we can improve upon. Biggest issue would be surviving tenderizer damage. Currently I would use major cd's (my cd's for 1 and 2, then the next set I would use an external on 2) We are short 2 main raid healers, so not sure if helped the issue. We only had 2 sac's and a life cocoon for mitigation. Our disc priest will be back tomorrow, so that gives me a GS , but by the time we got to around the 3rd shit got hairy. We are using the water strat. My logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7C871%7C152277

Smallpackage tank 1, Giyacrusher ( druid tank 2)

I keep ripping agrro so at times I have to stop attacking. I also went with HR instead of US , I'll most likely switch if I can not be so spikey.

Thanks!
    This is the order I follow and can be done on every set of stacks.

Stack 1:
    -6s: Shield Block, Smooths your damage going into 1st stack of tenderizer.
    -1s: Shield Barrier

Stack 2:
    -8s: Demo Shout/Stoneform, Smooths damage again and also provides the DR for tenderizer.
    -6s: Shield Block
    -1s: Shield Barrier

I glyphed Shield Wall to provide 60% DR to use at the end of the fight.

Ty to Khorm and Cyclonus for the helpful info. Got a few pulls on it monday, then on to heroic BrF.

Quote Originally Posted by smallpackage View Post
    Ty to Khorm and Cyclonus for the helpful info. Got a few pulls on it monday, then on to heroic BrF.
    How did it go?
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Hey guys! I wanted some input on my Heroic BRF logs since I felt like I could do so much better next time I walk back in and to prepare for Mythic! Now for the most part I wanted some serious help on Kromag, and any future advice for Iron Maidens since we have that and Furnace up. After redoing some of the bosses on my Paladin I have a better understanding of some of the other boss fight so I would appreciate Any advice or info pertaining to my Warrior.
    (cant link anything yet atm so im just gonna give you the last bits for Warcraftlogs) /reports/Yr4L879BJkjFth6f
    P.S If someone could also help me on understanding how to compare and contrast Brewmaster and Paladin logs I would greatly appreciate that!!

Been progressing along slowly in BRF Heroic, and on every fight I die. It's (usually) just to melee attack and I'd really like to try and figure out what I can do here, because I'm at a loss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8aKmM3ZpDFgrLfTx

Here is a night of wiping on Thogar. Our other BRF log has Beastmaster, which I died 3 times on during our kill. Thank you for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyVG View Post
    Been progressing along slowly in BRF Heroic, and on every fight I die. It's (usually) just to melee attack and I'd really like to try and figure out what I can do here, because I'm at a loss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8aKmM3ZpDFgrLfTx

Here is a night of wiping on Thogar. Our other BRF log has Beastmaster, which I died 3 times on during our kill. Thank you for any input.
    Looks to me like you're generally dying whenever you are actively tanking Thogar and an Iron Bellow goes off while your shield block is down. Start using CD's to cover the gaps on shieldblock, you could even use Anger Management if you're finding the 1min Demo isn't enough. The combination of two melee and an Iron Bellow is around 500k damage to you in 2-3 seconds. Not fun . Perhaps some of the other Protwar's have already progressed on this guy and can offer additional strat insight.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    Looks to me like you're generally dying whenever you are actively tanking Thogar and an Iron Bellow goes off while your shield block is down. Start using CD's to cover the gaps on shieldblock, you could even use Anger Management if you're finding the 1min Demo isn't enough. The combination of two melee and an Iron Bellow is around 500k damage to you in 2-3 seconds. Not fun . Perhaps some of the other Protwar's have already progressed on this guy and can offer additional strat insight.
    I've been trying to save CD's for the splits/add phases as it's generally a bit chaotic and we start getting trucked, but I'll try to get externals for these and use my CD's more often. I tend to pull aggro on the majority adds, since our bear tank just can't keep up with prot warriors insane damage/threat right now. We also rely on my damage for the split phases, so dropping ravager would be a huge loss.

Deleted
    Hello guys! So we were progressing on kromog HC last night and after a wipefest (20 or so tries) we got to 10% on the best try, so should have been able to get a kill with some better execution. Now onto my question, it felt like our warrior tank was getting instagibbed pretty much every try by different abilities but seeing as I'm not a tank I can't really pinpoint what's going wrong (or if it's even therein the problem lies). If anyone could check the logs and see if something could be done better by the warr tank it would be much appreciated. Also another question regarding the tanking on the fight, should only the offtank move out at slam or should both move out? Thanks in advance! /reports/MTJNpj3rqB6VFkyQ#type=summary&boss=1713&wipes=1

His Shield Block uptime is abyssmal(hell, his AM uptime is abyssmal) and he's dying to a mix of slams / reverberations / melee hits. I've not tanked heroic Kromog yet but judging by the damage of Slam it seems as if he's tanking it straight to the face.

So yeah, your tank is real bad.

He is spending nearly 100% of his rage on heroic strike. Maybe let him know he isn't playing a glad warrior.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    His Shield Block uptime is abyssmal(hell, his AM uptime is abyssmal) and he's dying to a mix of slams / reverberations / melee hits. I've not tanked heroic Kromog yet but judging by the damage of Slam it seems as if he's tanking it straight to the face.

So yeah, your tank is real bad.

He is spending nearly 100% of his rage on heroic strike. Maybe let him know he isn't playing a glad warrior.
    To expand on Nova's assessment. I see your tanks standing together. Which is good.

just looking at your very first Wipe. First Slam happens around :22seconds and I don't see him with a shield block/Barrier/Wall/demo shout, or anything but a weapon proc that happens when you fall below 50% of your Hp.

Second Slam, he face tanks it again, no cooldowns externals, nothing.

Ask em to try swapping ravager with gladiator and less heroic strike and more shield block.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazte View Post
    Hello guys! So we were progressing on kromog HC last night and after a wipefest (20 or so tries) we got to 10% on the best try, so should have been able to get a kill with some better execution. Now onto my question, it felt like our warrior tank was getting instagibbed pretty much every try by different abilities but seeing as I'm not a tank I can't really pinpoint what's going wrong (or if it's even therein the problem lies). If anyone could check the logs and see if something could be done better by the warr tank it would be much appreciated. Also another question regarding the tanking on the fight, should only the offtank move out at slam or should both move out? Thanks in advance! /reports/MTJNpj3rqB6VFkyQ#type=summary&boss=1713&wipes=1
    I'm going off your longest attempt on him, the 7:08 parse.

Your warrior tank had 51 casts of Heroic Strike. He had 3 procs of the buff that makes it cost no rage. This means 48 of his heroic strikes cost rage (he is not using Unyielding Strikes). That's 1440 rage spent on pure damage (not a lot might I add) out of a total 2305 rage he generated on the fight. That is a LOT of missed mitigation on his part. That extra rage he is essentially wasting on heroic strike can be put into Shield blocks and Shield barriers.

Deleted
    Thanks for the insight guys .. Gonna pass this information forward and I had a feeling his AM was being underused but had no idea it was by such a large margin. He should be taking some slams tho right, when he's the current tank? Or should he jump out at those times aswell? Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Wazte View Post
    Thanks for the insight guys .. Gonna pass this information forward and I had a feeling his AM was being underused but had no idea it was by such a large margin. He should be taking some slams tho right, when he's the current tank? Or should he jump out at those times aswell? Thanks again
    Maybe someone else can back me up on this but as a warrior with glyphed heroic leap, you can leap out of every slam and charge back in without having to worry about warped armor debuffs slowing you down. If not, we have other tools available to us(intervene, for instance) to fill the holes. Then it becomes a question of can you do it fast enough to not get extra breaths. But no, I don't think it's possible to facetank slams with the damage debuff on heroic.
    Last edited by Novaflare; 2015-02-12 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    Maybe someone else can back me up on this but as a warrior with glyphed heroic leap, you can leap out of every slam and charge back in without having to worry about warped armor debuffs slowing you down. If not, we have other tools available to us(intervene, for instance) to fill the holes. Then it becomes a question of can you do it fast enough to not get extra breaths. But no, I don't think it's possible to facetank slams with the damage debuff on heroic.
    From http://www.wowhead.com/guides/raidin...strategy-guide

Tanks can move away for Slam, but should be careful to return quickly to prevent Stone Breath; alternatively, tanks can use CDs

*edit* just ran this on normal last night and it's really not hard to dodge slam. take a few steps back then charge back in. gg.
    Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2015-02-13 at 07:34 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

While the metric isn't perfect yet, it's definitely interesting to see how people measure up to the tank survivability metric on Warcraftlogs vs how you thought they did after doing a rotational analysis. There are definitely bonus points for barely surviving, or 1 tanking for a minute while your Brez comes up and stuff like that. Whatever I'm doing on Beastlord appears to be good for example. The fight is getting easy enough that i'm tempted to use Bladestorm as well as the usual ravager/US

Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

What a FANTASTIC guide

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Good seeing this bumped, had almost forgot about it. Always good for new people to see this work of art.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Thanks you two.

Yeah I recently put it in my sig in hopes more people would notice. We still get tons of threads on "help my prot warrior" or "i'm dying i can't figure out whats going on" all the time.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog