Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Has anyone tried SoD extensively on Brackenspore Mythic?

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Mythic kill logs say that every priest uses SoD on brackenspore..
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

I wouldn't really use top parses as an indicator of good talent choice on that fight since flamethrower>anything else you do. In any case, SoD is typically better as long as you bait out mind fungus and let them die to dots rather than burn them asap. SoD and Insanity are pretty even on two targets, with SoD having ease of play going for it. Any additional targets and SoD pulls ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    I wouldn't really use top parses as an indicator of good talent choice on that fight since flamethrower>anything else you do. In any case, SoD is typically better as long as you bait out mind fungus and let them die to dots rather than burn them asap. SoD and Insanity are pretty even on two targets, with SoD having ease of play going for it. Any additional targets and SoD pulls ahead.
    I don't take advice from shadow priests that don't have mythic trinkets

I personally prefer SoD on 2+ target fights for ease of use and quality of life reasons(literally, I stand in fire without SoD)

for your first test.... if you are running CoP there is no reason MS should out weigh MB. in 22 mins you should have 264 MB since you aren't using insanity MB should always be used on CD its your biggest damage.

that said I'm having the same problem and trying to wrap my head around it. But Yea the first test you should have WAY more mind blasts

I tried SoD on Twins/Brackenspore, didn't like.

Ins/TOF/COP all day for me, BRF might be the same with searing insanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    I put about 25 pulls worth into it - its just not worth it I feel.
    Sure you can chain VT all the spore shooters and get sick procs then, but when its just brack/brack&add there just isn't enough proc spikes going on.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

SoD is probably better at Twins and tectus

Pretty much every mythic raider runs SoD on 3 fights; Twins, Brackenspore, and Tectus. Myself and our other Spriest both use focus casting macros, so that our dots(VT,SW:P,DP) go on brackenspore/phelmos and then you are free to cast Mind Blast/Mind Spike on everything else(read spore shooters/fungal flesheater/pol. It also helps with SW when adds are low, you get full damage SW's since none of the adds have dots on them. We typically end up in the top 4 for add damage. You don't take SoD to multi dot for procs. If that's your intention for using SoD it's very hard to manage and sporeshooters die before you get any procs, and typically it's always more damage to mind blast/mind spike. SoD is mainly used to get dot damage and single target damage at the same time, while reaping a 10% proc benefit. The procs are a bonus and help to kill things faster(shooters). You end up with dots rolling on brackenspore the entire time, and everything else just gets mind blasted/mind spiked to death.
    On Twins, it makes movement very trivial. You have procs to help with fire movement, and you also get main target damage and don't have to worry about when a good time to try to channel insanity is. Tectus, you want all the procs. You dot up the world, and then run around smashing all of your instant casts while hoping not to die to barrage or LOS or random assorted pillars everywhere(see zerg strat)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlebar View Post
    Pretty much every mythic raider runs SoD on 3 fights; Twins, Brackenspore, and Tectus. Myself and our other Spriest both use focus casting macros, so that our dots(VT,SW:P,DP) go on brackenspore/phelmos and then you are free to cast Mind Blast/Mind Spike on everything else(read spore shooters/fungal flesheater/pol. It also helps with SW when adds are low, you get full damage SW's since none of the adds have dots on them. We typically end up in the top 4 for add damage. You don't take SoD to multi dot for procs. If that's your intention for using SoD it's very hard to manage and sporeshooters die before you get any procs, and typically it's always more damage to mind blast/mind spike. SoD is mainly used to get dot damage and single target damage at the same time, while reaping a 10% proc benefit. The procs are a bonus and help to kill things faster(shooters). You end up with dots rolling on brackenspore the entire time, and everything else just gets mind blasted/mind spiked to death.
    On Twins, it makes movement very trivial. You have procs to help with fire movement, and you also get main target damage and don't have to worry about when a good time to try to channel insanity is. Tectus, you want all the procs. You dot up the world, and then run around smashing all of your instant casts while hoping not to die to barrage or LOS or random assorted pillars everywhere(see zerg strat)
    You take SoD also because it is awesome to use GCDs during movement. The ability to use MB, DP, PWS, 2x MSp is already 5 GCDs. With Insanity, you cannot just use DP whenever that pleases you, which means you got MB and PWS for movement. Which means you are missing out on 2-3 GCDs. On Brackenspore, Insanity can be abused with the Mind Fungus. If you spec SoD, you use SoD there to dot up the boss (and even the Fungal Flesh Eater right before the Spore Shooters come, depending on how long the Spore Shooters stay alive). You can also use it on Mind Fungus if it isn't positioned in a high prio position. So when my RL says leave the Mind Fungus alone that means for me put a VT on it. The insant damage from MB/SoD can outweight Insanity here, and, you could also dot up one spore shooter if you think that one is going to survive long and then use the procs for increased movement DPS and burst into the other ones. It is rather situational due to the RNG of the fight, and that is what makes this fight fun and allows an exceptional player to outclass a mediocre or good one. You should also remember SWD sniping (without dots on target ofc) will make a bigger difference than SoD vs Insanity.

What do you do with SoD on single target? On both tectus and brackenspore you are dpsing single target at the start of the encounter and I am not sure how to grasp DP and the fact I cant MS into it. You simply use mind flay for the duration of DP?

Ty in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    What do you do with SoD on single target? On both tectus and brackenspore you are dpsing single target at the start of the encounter and I am not sure how to grasp DP and the fact I cant MS into it. You simply use mind flay for the duration of DP?

Ty in advance
    For the beginning of tectus and brack when there is only one target you spam MB and MS until your fingers bleed. Once another add is up you maintain your dots on it and cast DP on that target and only that target. As for the DP's you'll get before adds come out, you can cast them but you'll be better off just casting mind flay in the downtime (I think at least, haven't tried it) instead of not casting DP.

I'll try to sum it up priority wise.

Surge of Darkness Priority List:

1 target - DP(5 orbs)>MB>MF(While DP is active)>MSpike

more than 1 target but less than 6 targets - DP(5 orbs on off target)>MB>SW:P(off target)>VT(off target)>MS (Main target)

>6 targets - if stacked DP(5 orbs)>MB>Mind Sear
    If spread DP(5 orbs)>MB>SW:P(off targets)>VT(off targets) you won't have time to do anything else.

Deleted

Ty in advance
    Use the first Mind Fungus for SWD and ToF. Don't spike off DP, every tick it does can proc SoD. Dot up the boss right before the Spore Shooters come (unless they get absolutely wrecked). You use those SoD procs during the DP dot duration if the target does not have SWP/VT. If you have 3 SoD procs you should use them ASAP, but not above prio of MB and orb cap. The SoD procs (and DP/MB/SWD) are awesome for the Spore Shooters. Make sure you abuse ToF once you are done with the Spore Shooters whenever you can.

Deleted

Ty in advance
    With Shards of Nothing's haste buff, berserking and blood lust I am dotting boss and using mindflay as a filler, stacking up SoD procs. The haste is so high that I can only cast 2 mind spikes between Mind blasts, and the Dots make about 100k dmg each + mindflay isn't locked to gcd like MS. And when spores spawn I often have all 3 Surge procs ready.