10+ Year Old Account

How long would it take to BG 90-100?

Making a toon mainly for PvP and really do not want to go throught the whole leveling phase again. Was wondering if you guys have tried 90-100 just by BGs? How long you think it will take?

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time.

Honestly, 90-100 is twice as fast as 80-90 (85-90 is significantly slower) so it's not that bad. If you want to just do battleground's, I'd suggest instead waiting for 6.1 so that you can use Heirlooms or else leveling will take quite a long time.

Leveling outside of quests (dungeons, battlegrounds, etc.,) has been very slow since Cataclysm (80+).

PvP leveling is not meant to be a replacement for questing and general PvE.

It's meant to break the monotony of leveling and say hey, while you're in queue, do some questing and PvEing, and have some fun when the queue pops.

And that's not taking into account whether you win or lose in that queued BG.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    PvP leveling is not meant to be a replacement for questing and general PvE.

It's meant to break the monotony of leveling and say hey, while you're in queue, do some questing and PvEing, and have some fun when the queue pops.

And that's not taking into account whether you win or lose in that queued BG.
    It doesn't matter if it is meant to be or not. Pet battling isn't meant to be a way of leveling but there have been people who have leveled 1-100 through pet battles alone already.

OT- So leveling through bg's is going to be a relatively long and grindy process. I would assume it would take you well over 10 days /played. If you are alliance then do AV as soon as you meet the level requirement to do it. If you are horde then AB or WSG is your best friend. AV is going to net the most experience out fo all bg's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    Did they "fix" the XP for B's win?

At the start of WoD I didnt get XP at all for winning BG's.

IMO even if you are making a player for mainly pvp you should use the PvE aspect to level. You can spend 20 hours leveling doing the quests or if you BG you will likely sit in 20 hours of queues alone.

Its still broken you get less Xp for a win than completing a single quest and 0 for a win. I think this was done on purpose, before in Mop as usual I capped 2 toons doing alterac valley wins were giving me 3 bars.

Deleted
    Depends on class, really.

Hunter, dk, ret pala, feral druid - a few days.
    Arms/fury warrior, spriest, warlock, shaman, (also rogue but not because it sucks, but because you'll get bored crawling in stealth so much) - a few centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Did they "fix" the XP for B's win?

At the start of WoD I didnt get XP at all for winning BG's.
    Don't think they did. In other words, most responses to this thread are inaccurate.

Don't level via BGs, as you're going to get minimal amounts of exp (basically, it's going to take weeks of /played). Try skirmishes, last I checked they still did give for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Making a toon mainly for PvP and really do not want to go throught the whole leveling phase again. Was wondering if you guys have tried 90-100 just by BGs? How long you think it will take?
    You'll die trying.

Very slow.

Deleted
    It took me only 10 hours to quest from 90 to 100. Leveling through PvP will take a lot longer, but "a lot longer" than "very fast" is still acceptable.

depending the bg. and win rate. prolly 3000-5000 bgs.