Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    According to some quick napkin math, this trinket will be BiS for us until mythic WF or socketed Goren Soul Repository as Arcane. This will be a very strong trinket.
    Do you know the ICD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Do you know the ICD ?
    this is assuming 55s ICD, which the alchemy trinkets have consistently been.

Super preliminary as PTR stuff could still change.

Fire -

Arcane -

Frost -
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2015-01-24 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it brings a huge burst, but are you not concerned that it proccing at the wrong time would be a dps loss over other trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Sure it brings a huge burst, but are you not concerned that it proccing at the wrong time would be a dps loss over other trinkets?
    it's great uptime at 27%, and it procs from almost anything you can do, it's probably the most reliable trinket in the game. I can plan my entire pull knowing exactly when it will proc, how will it ever proc at the "wrong time" and why would RPPM trinkets be any better for this?

While sims are showing it below the mythic trinkets (and my scratch math only showed it barely above goren), it's still budgeted at around 690+ ilvl, and extremely comptetitive with the best trinkets in the game, I know personally I will be using one of these, likely until progress is over to help spread the trinkets that drop to people who have less competitive crafted options.

Unless you're going to have 2 specific mythic Trinkets by the time 6.1 comes out, the stage 4 trinket appear very worth it. Added to the fact they might add a stage 5 eventually certainly is in favor of the alchemy trinkets.

That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Not proccing at the ideal time =/= proccing at the wrong time.

There isn't really a wrong time, ie. a time when you can't DPS at all. Sure it can proc just before having to move but any trinket is in the same boat here and you'd be better off losing a 55 ICD proc over a 115ICD one.

Berlinia made a good post about the fear of potentially losing something and how you shouldn't focus on what you *might* lose but on what you will most certainly gain.

Also keep in mind that if this trinket is as good as BRF mythic ones then you can pass on it the first times it drops to help gear up your fellow guildmates.

Ok, hopefully this isn't a misinterpretation on WarcraftDevs part but...

https://twitter.com/perculia/status/559049937309421568

@WarcraftDevs Hello, alchemy trinkets and new craftable upgrades come with BRF?
    @keerneel They do!
    So it looks like we can use this day 1, hopefully isn't alch-only. Regarding the ICD talk, it procs immediately on the ICD, which is a benefit. You can make an ICD tracker weakaura like with PBOI and take advantage accordingly. It's a small boost when you can adapt your playstyle to it, but it depends on what the spec allows [ie: what other cooldowns can you stack or do different rotationally]

Just a reminder, if anyone has the Catalysts stockpiled, try transferring over to the PTR and we should be able to test the ICD. Says it only requires Alchemy (1). I've been watching the other class forums to see if there's any talk of the ICD so this is a universal trinket.

Ty for the early TC guys. Looks legit.

New verison with the latest build, Mastery changed to Versatility [obviously a nerf for us], but they re-added the 40% hp/mana like on the old stones. It's not really relevant to Mages outside of the health potion aspect, but the mana pot thing must be piquing the interest of healers. A 40% stronger health potion is nice for solo play for sure

Afaik I'm not sure the ICD has been tested on the PTR yet. We're still assuming 55 right? Or has someone copied with the mats

Given it's a effectively full blown philosopher's stone now, I don't see the Alchemy requirement going away. It's kind of like the Eng Goggles requiring Eng
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-01-30 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    I believe this will get nerfed by, say, 75%, as Blizzard like to do lately.
    Do people stop trying to take part in conversations and just enter threads to be passive aggressive about Blizzard now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Do people stop trying to take part in conversations and just enter threads to be passive aggressive about Blizzard now?
    Wasn't particularly wrong, it did receive a pretty big nerf lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisukaa View Post
    Wasn't particularly wrong, it did receive a pretty big nerf lol.
    It got changed. From an Arcane mages perspective it got nerfed. If i went frost it got buffed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    It got changed. From an Arcane mages perspective it got nerfed. If i went frost it got buffed.
    The change was bad, the new change is even worse, hopefully it gets reverted back.