Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Today I got 7 cloth from one run in stonecore, compared to 120+ before. The druids are gone so think the botting problem is solved. However, useless to continue dungeon now after second boss

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Or it's a multiboxer farming the mount for himself....
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha... Yeah, no.

I see bots all over cata zones. but blizzard looks the other way...why close a bot account when they pay a sub fee, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fruitypebble View Post
    Yes, actually. While Blizzard is hesitant to admit it for PR reasons, a staggering majority of hacks can be traced back to Chinese IPs.
    So I object to someone blandly stating hacks are all Chinese when the chances of them actually knowing that are very slim, and you respond by also blandly stating that the majority of hacks can be traced to Chinese IPs?

Where did you come by this information? Was it your ass by any chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    theres been a heap of these in different instances throughout wows life time. Remember botanica & halls of lightning??

hackers & bots will always find the easiest way to min/max their output, and its stone cores time to shine.
    IIRC they removed chests from TBC dungeons for the same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So I object to someone blandly stating hacks are all Chinese when the chances of them actually knowing that are very slim, and you respond by also blandly stating that the majority of hacks can be traced to Chinese IPs?

Already been responded to bro.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post31830283

did blizz seriously nerf cata instances already? clearing out heroic stonecore for mount, and i havent gotten any cloth off anything

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I see bots all over cata zones. but blizzard looks the other way...why close a bot account when they pay a sub fee, right?
    Because they don't. Any money bliz gets is usually stolen and has to be refunded. Bliz gets no money, the accounts either are using stolen money and are closed or are the insta 90s, play for few days, put money on another account then close account and start over types.

Deleted
    This is probably a silly question, but why druids?

IMO, Blizzard are not rly interested in wiping bots for two reasons:

1. Doing so costs money they'd rather not spend and

2. Some parties within Blizzard or Blizzard benefit from the situation.

You can see that with how the Druid or Loladin bots who have been farming Botanica since 2008 are ignored until it is too late, meaning until the Botter has made enough money to justify his "investment", and so the botting continues.

You'd think that in seven (7) years, Blizzard would have done something to stop Botanica bots in particular.

There's also the case of spam bots. How hard is it to implement a filter to filter out Spam Bots? How hard is it to implement a Report Cap so that the spam bot is automatically silenced after, say, 200 individual reports have been filed against it? I often see the same bots spamming Trade Chat for SEVERAL DAYS ON END and Blizzard do nothing.

Blizzard claims are just excuses and BS.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    You can see that with how the Druid or Loladin bots who have been farming Botanica since 2008 are ignored until it is too late, meaning until the Botter has made enough money to justify his "investment", and so the botting continues.

You'd think that in seven (7) years, Blizzard would have done something to stop Botanica bots in particular.
    You don't seriously think botters from 2008 are still using the exact same accounts and the exact same botting software, do you? Botters and Blizzard are essentially in a perpetual game of cat and mouse. Botters create a new method for botting, Blizzard steps in to handle it. Botters modify their software or method, and the cycle starts over again.

You just perfectly represented the single biggest misconception about botting. People see botters yesterday, they see botters today, and then naturally assume that this is evidence of Blizzard's inaction. I can understand why someone would follow that train of thought; barring all other circumstances or knowledge on the subject, it does make sense. It's an ignorant point of view though, and an easy bandwagon to jump on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    There's also the case of spam bots. How hard is it to implement a filter to filter out Spam Bots? How hard is it to implement a Report Cap so that the spam bot is automatically silenced after, say, 200 individual reports have been filed against it? I often see the same bots spamming Trade Chat for SEVERAL DAYS ON END and Blizzard do nothing.

Blizzard claims are just excuses and BS.
    Same response as above. You don't sincerely believe that, in all these years, spammers haven't adapted their tactics to circumvent prevention measures Blizzard puts in, do you?

As for your Report Cap suggestion, you're a bit behind on the times. That feature is called Squelching, and it's been in the game for years. It triggers when enough right click Report Spam reports come in on a given character.

Lemme paint a scenario here for you.

Phase 1: Gold seller A wants to sell gold, so he makes a new character named BuyMyGoldz goes to Trade Chat and hits a macro that spams his services. Blizzard was nice enough to provide a handy right click report feature, so 100 players report him. Squelch is activated, that account is barred from outbound chat of any kind, effectively killing his advertising capabilities.

Phase 2: In order to continue advertising, gold seller A is forced to log into another account. He makes a new character named BuyMyGoldz, goes to Trade Chat and hits a macro that spams his services. Even though Blizzard was nice enough to provide a handy right click report feature, 10% of those original 100 players are now skeptical it works, because this guy is spamming again after being reported. Those 10% of people now decide reporting does nothing, and just ignore the spam. 90% is still enough to trigger though, and the advertiser is once again squelched.

Phase 3: Once again to bypass the squelch, gold seller A logs into another account. He makes a new character named BuyMyGoldz, goes to trade chat and hits a macro to spam his services. An additional 25% of those 100 players have now decided that the right click report feature is worthless, because they've reported "this same character" twice now with no results. This drops the report rate down to 65%, which for the purposes of this discussion is now below the squelch threshold. Gold seller A is never squelched, and his advertising is able to continue uninterrupted.

This scenario, while vastly simplified, is what most people see in game every single day without realizing it. It's also endlessly perpetuated every single day by the naysayers that insist that right click reporting is a waste of time, and the reason Blizzard has to constantly remind players to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any IP that can be traced to a source not from that region (i.e. Asian IP on NA realms) should be autobanned by Warden, no questions asked.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

That wouldn't really solve much, they'd just resort to tunneling services to fake their IPs. It'd also punish legit players who travel or are forced to access non-domestic servers due to extenuating circumstances such as government or ISP restrictions.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Any IP that can be traced to a source not from that region (i.e. Asian IP on NA realms) should be autobanned by Warden, no questions asked.
    Why would you do that? There are many legitimate players who prefer to play on a different region's servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

They are Chinese dude, get over it.