Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesleri View Post
    Instantly shadowstepping back in after bounding cleave is the biggest thing I see some rogues not doing. Should have zero downtime.

That's a great idea thank you.
    You cant step to the boss 100% of the time since the adds can be there and they explode for physical damage so RIP. You could step to a warrior though which is prob the best option.

Use elusiveness it's so much better than cheat death because of how hard the dot ticks in soft engage

Quote Originally Posted by thanex View Post
    Use elusiveness it's so much better than cheat death because of how hard the dot ticks in soft engage
    Nah man, gotta save that energy for dem deeps.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Deleted
    True but dead dps is no-dps

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dead deeps on Butcher is healers fault. Unless you stand in shit where elusiveness isn't going to save you anyway. It's all about the deeps on Butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartharion View Post
    True but dead dps is no-dps
    Yeah but it's better to wipe the raid than to do bad dps!

(don't tell my RL I said that)
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Deleted
    Tell me about it, did 32k all night last night but on our kill I had my worst numbers and ended up 29k at 674 with a 4min 7 fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    Mythic Butcher parses with MfD

The potential is there, but the talent doesn't play as well with the subtlety rotation as anticipation, and sometimes they come in a group so you can't use it on all of them anyway.
    Just killed butcher tonight with MfD, our tank logged out during a break and forgot to re-activate WCL after that so we don't have the kill parse (only wypes ones), but playing with MfD doesn't changes from "beforeMoP" gameplay at all. For sure you loose some CPs during ShD but it's well compensated.
    I finished at 33k dps with 668 ilvl, heroic weaps, LDSC and heroic butcher trinket. I was at 35k2 before boss enraged and killed me. This done with 10 ilvl less than ppl doing this exact same dps.
    Evi becomes first DPS source if well managed, and not by a so small gain. On your link with people using MfD, the first one only used it 4 times during the fight, i used it more than 20 times on some pull wich lasted more than 3min30.
    The only thing is to get used to play like in cata and before!

Edit:
    and when looking at the kill vid, i totally messed my second SR: didn't timed well the add group that was coming and refreshed rupture before using clone (still dont know how this happened btw...).
    Last edited by mmoc3ac2b662a7; 2015-01-27 at 02:38 AM.

Can you post the macro you used to target the adds without missin autoattacks on butcherplx?(with mfd) - Could also use one for tectus( i know its OT but meh)

For water tactic:

/tar Image of Archmage Vargoth
    /cast Shadowstep
    /tar The Butcher
    /starattack

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    Can you post the macro you used to target the adds without missin autoattacks on butcherplx?(with mfd) - Could also use one for tectus( i know its OT but meh)
    The one I was using for last nights raid was this:

/cast [@mouseover, exists] Marked for Death; Marked for Death

Casts MfD on your mouseover target, if there is no mouseover, it casts on your current target. Half way through the raid I decided to take out the second Marked for Death so that I couldn't accidentally MfD Butcher if my mouse precision was wonky.

Its a pretty hectic macro to use though, especially during intense moments like SR+SD whilst hes using bounding cleave or whatever. I've been thinking a macro like this might be better.

/cleartarget
    /targetenemy 'insert name of small adds'
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget

What I would like this macro to do is target the nearest add and cast MfD on it, then retarget the butcher. I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'm not sure if targetenemy would target the closest add or just a random add, so it might not be ideal. The /cleartarget is in there so that if you use MfD but aren't in range or there are no adds, it shouldn't cast on the butcher. Its a pretty rough macro, I haven't really used anything like this in a long time, so if anyone had a better or more elegant solution, please share.

I suggest using weakauras to track your HaT cooldown when using MfD with sub. I find the only times I ever lose combo points is during vanish+subterfuge. It is very hard to get in 3 ambushes and premed without capping CP due to energy starvation. I have debated whether or not just running shadow focus would be better, not sure though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    Can anyone else confirm that vendetta still works after switching spec?
    Bump, I'm also not 100% sure about this. Enhanced Vendetta (guaranteed crit for Ambush) definatelly is there, but about Vendetta increasing dps in Subtlety, not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwifruitOCE View Post
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemy 'insert name of small adds'
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget
    I believe the /targetlasttarget would not target the butcher again.. your last target would be no target, as you cleared it.

/target Night-Twisted
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget

If the Night-Twisted is out of range, it won't cast, and just retarget The Butcher. If you use this while there are no adds up, I do believe you would waste the CD on the boss, so you would have to be careful.

Your macro would make it so you don't accidently use it on the boss, if you changed /targetlasttarget to /target The Butcher, I think.
    Last edited by anyx; 2015-01-29 at 10:03 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyx View Post
    I believe the /targetlasttarget would not target the butcher again.. your last target would be no target, as you cleared it.
    Can confirm. Learned that the hard way yesterday. I think it should be /tar "The Butcher" with quotes. (Or just /tar the, if you don't have anyone in your guild with a name starting with "the".)

Quote Originally Posted by anyx View Post

/target Night-Twisted
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget

If the Night-Twisted is out of range, it won't cast, and just retarget The Butcher. If you use this while there are no adds up, I do believe you would waste the CD on the boss, so you would have to be careful.

Your macro would make it so you don't accidently use it on the boss, if you changed /targetlasttarget to /target The Butcher, I think.
    Thanks for that. I considered that when I wrote it but couldn't find anything on wowwiki to clarify whether cleartarget breaks targetlasttarget. Nice to know.

If this macro works as I hope it does it would make using MfD in this fight quite trivial. Fitting in 5 eviscerates into shadow reflection would be a pretty nice dps increase I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwifruitOCE View Post
    Thanks for that. I considered that when I wrote it but couldn't find anything on wowwiki to clarify whether cleartarget breaks targetlasttarget. Nice to know.

If this macro works as I hope it does it would make using MfD in this fight quite trivial. Fitting in 5 eviscerates into shadow reflection would be a pretty nice dps increase I'm sure.
    So what if you do

Code:
    /cleartarget
    /target Night-Twisted
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetexact The Butcher

Would this be better? Since you won't accidently cast MfD on Butcher if the target doesn't exist.
    Last edited by dythe; 2015-02-01 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dythe View Post
    So what if you do

Code:
    /cleartarget
    /target Night-Twisted
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetexact The Butcher

Would this be better? Since you won't accidently cast MfD on Butcher if the target doesn't exist.
    The macro that anyx posted works perfectly as long as you don't cast MfD with no adds up.

I used this the other night on butcher progression and was pushing 36-37k dps on most of our pulls, except for the one that we actually killed him on, of course -_-

Your macro should work fine as well.