Spam AS while ES on cooldown (focussing shot talent)

Hey,

I was wondering, when you use FS talent. Do you always spam AS to dump your focus?
    Example: if ES has about 2 secs left to come off cooldown and you have around 30 focus or less, do you cast another AS or wait untill you can cast ES?

Or in 1 question ,is it ok to cast nothing in certain situations for a few sec, or do you have to cast an ability all the time?

Deleted
    Use FS if you are on low focus dont forget that you can Get sneaky LnL poc while casting and if you havent waste that focus you can just interrupt FS cast and unload ES

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Use FS if you are on low focus dont forget that you can Get sneaky LnL poc while casting and if you havent waste that focus you can just interrupt FS cast and unload ES
    I don't think it's beneficial to interrupt your FS cast just to get LnL procs quickier out. You will need that focus anyway after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kevow View Post
    Hey,

I was wondering, when you use FS talent. Do you always spam AS to dump your focus?
    Example: if ES has about 2 secs left to come off cooldown and you have around 30 focus or less, do you cast another AS or wait untill you can cast ES?

Or in 1 question ,is it ok to cast nothing in certain situations for a few sec, or do you have to cast an ability all the time?
    25-30 focus + 2s till ES scenario:

if SrS is up you could use FS and cast explosive shot afterwards, you won't focus cap and if you are (un)lucky enough to get a LnL proc during your FS cast you can always cast AS before you unload the procc to not waste any focus.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-01-25 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    if you are (un)lucky enough to get a LnL proc during your FS cast you can always cast AS before you unload the procc to not waste any focus.
    It's not a dps loss to focus cap if you're casting your highest DPET ability.

In this situation, you keep casting Explosive Shot until it goes on cooldown, then Arcane Shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    In the situation you described, i would actually cast focusing shot. You dont want to end up not being able to cast ES on CD, and you don't want to waste a GCD. It's better to delay ES by ~.5 seconds than doing nothing for 2 seconds or not having enough focus at all.

As a general maxim to follow, don't spam a focus dump ability if you need focus for an upcoming major CD. Rather, choose to cast focusing shot/steady shot/cobra shot until your cd is up. The most important part of hunter dps is having enough focus for high-priority abilities like black arrow and explosive shot as SOON as they come up.