Needed BrM Changes

* Keg Smash: Damage reduced by 50% in PvP
    * Dizzying Haze: Duration reduced by 50% in PvP
    * Leg Sweep: Stun Duration reduced by 50% in PvP since its AoE

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    * Leg Sweep: Stun Duration reduced by 50% in PvP since its AoE
    Unless you mean specifically to BrM, this would pretty much make it garbage for WW and MW too, which do need it, esp WW since they're already one of (if not the most) squishiest melees. Also you see so many BrM because WW is in such a bad spot right now. Buff WW and we'll see less BrM, outside those who are just scumbags like the others who queue tank specs into PvP to troll and annoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    Unless you mean specifically to BrM, this would pretty much make it garbage for WW and MW too, which do need it, esp WW since they're already one of (if not the most) squishiest melees. Also you see so many BrM because WW is in such a bad spot right now. Buff WW and we'll see less BrM, outside those who are just scumbags like the others who queue tank specs into PvP to troll and annoy.
    So what, completely remove tanks from competitive PvP, is that what this is?
    Proposed changes are laughable, they will only serve to force BrM into even more defensive play since they will no longer be able to do serious damage (since big part of it comes from KS).
    Provided BrM has one of the most complex playstyle among all tanks and the low number players in rated maches above 1800, i dont think any changes are necessary.

Deleted
    No, he is right!! We need to nerf dem stupid Monks!! They are flooding the ladder atm with their stupid op-cyclones und trap-shit! Every damn 3v3 team has at least one of them! oh wait...

2k+ Raintg 3v3 US/EU:

Druid 17.0% (1677)
    Paladin 10.3% (1016)
    Hunter 10.2% (1011)
    Warrior 10.2% (1007)
    Rogue 9.1% (898)
    Shaman 8.8% (874)
    Priest 8.4% (832)
    Warlock 7.3% (720)
    Death Knight 7.1% (702)
    Mage 6.6% (654)
    Monk 5.0% (495)

Specs
    Showing top 15

Druid Restoration 12.3% (1216)
    Hunter Survival 8.2% (810)
    Warrior Arms 7.6% (755)
    Rogue Combat 7.5% (741)
    Warlock Affliction 7.0% (688)
    Mage Frost 6.4% (636)
    Shaman Restoration 6.1% (607)
    Paladin Retribution 5.8% (571)
    Priest Discipline 5.4% (529)
    Death Knight Frost 5.2% (519)
    Monk Mistweaver 4.6% (457)
    Paladin Holy 4.5% (445)
    Druid Feral 3.7% (366)
    Priest Shadow 2.9% (285)
    Warrior Fury 2.4% (240)

Representation =/= spec strength or broken mechanics. Seriously, I HATE when people link representation numbers for stuff like this. Obviously they are not "flooding the ladders" because they are a tank spec from the least played class which is arguably 2nd best at healing right now. If guardian druids were suddenly really broken would we see them flood? No because resto is already good and 90% of people wouldn't want to play a tank spec in arenas even if it is broken. Plus people have only really realized BrM ridiculousness recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Representation =/= spec strength or broken mechanics. Seriously, I HATE when people link representation numbers for stuff like this. Obviously they are not "flooding the ladders" because they are a tank spec from the least played class which is arguably 2nd best at healing right now. If guardian druids were suddenly really broken would we see them flood? No because resto is already good and 90% of people wouldn't want to play a tank spec in arenas even if it is broken. Plus people have only really realized BrM ridiculousness recently.
    This pretty much. Guard has been brought up quite considerably.

Deleted
    I get your point, but i dont really agree...

1st of all, there were BRM-Videos in every pvp-forum since the WOD-beta. So the "recently"-part is not true.
    And if something is broken or really strong in this game, people start to abuse it!
    I´d say for 85% of the players, "winning" is the fun part and not the playstyle behind it. If Brewmaster was that strong (deserving 50% nerfs), you would see them flood the ladders. You hate it, when people come up with statistics? Well I hate it, when people scream for stupid nerfs and propably know nothing about the class/mechanics they talk about. If you know how the Brewmaster works, you can easily outplay them. But since they are one of the least played specs, people have now idea whats happening. And before they take a closer look at why they might have lost to a stupid tank, they scream for nerfs and herp derp on with their hunter/DK/resto/...

Deleted
    500K + ToD says hi.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayroyma View Post
    500K + ToD says hi.....
    Unserious point. At the point where you are at less than 10% HP would it make any difference if hit you for 300K or 500K?

Most druids/hunters/DK/Warriors out here like the idea that they are OP and any monk should roll over and die at the mere sight of them.
    And all of a sudden they get beaten, so they flood the forums and start to whyne.
    Pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayroyma View Post
    500K + ToD says hi.....
    Cringed IRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before you nerf BrM, make WW viable... honestly. Saw venruki trying to play 2 games of WWLS a few days ago, he didn't even do 40% of the damage the warlock did even though he basically had ~85% uptime. WW also just gets trained all day long. They need both an offensive and defensive adjustment imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what Wass said. Make WW viable and you won't see BrM monks in PvP, but knowing blizzard they'll nerf the living shit out of BrM instead while nerfing certain baseline abilities that will screw over the other specs even more because you know, blizzard doesn't know about efficiency.

i have fun 1v3ing people in BGS and 1v2ing in arena ez.

Deleted
    Its sad to see ppl whining against the only viable spec of a class, while being OK with classes like Druid, who's all specs are viable with two of them clear outliers.
    Yes, BrM is viable and maybe more powerful than many specs in PvP.
    But so what, he is definitely not the best spec and the chance to run into one is rather small.

Seriously, I HATE when people link representation numbers for stuff like this.
    But it does matter.
    See, fixing Rdruid will make life much easier for greater amount of players, than fixing BrM. Because you will see much more Rdruids than BrMonks. It's stupid from designer perspective to focus on fixing a spec you are not very likely to encounter. Effort against result ratio makes other specs more interesting to look at.

And no, even if BrM were really broken, their number will not increase much:
    1. Class visuals are crap (fighting with hand and legs, wtf? What is this weapon hanging from your back for?)
    2. Combat mechanics are more complex than those of the average class and not easy to grasp and master(3 resource types, some interaction between skills, priorities changing rapidly based on circumstance).
    3. You've got nothing to do with the other 2 specs, should you choose to try them out, making leveling a monk less attractive.
    Last edited by mmocf7e361541e; 2015-01-26 at 04:37 PM.