Marked for Death on Butcher

if i pop MfD on the adds before they explode will it reset?

Deleted
    Yep it will, abuse it and love it <3

Deleted
    On the other hand, all of the top parses on Butcher Mythic were done as Sub with Anticipation. MfD can be used on the fight for sure, but in the end, it might not prove to be that much of a dps increase after all.

Deleted
    really? thats nice. Tho combat is kinda of bad on that fight. Would a macro like /cast [@Addname] Marked for Death work? no need to switch target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    Tho combat is kinda of bad on that fight.
    Kind of bad? Combat KS either puts you in Vitriol and kills you, or screws up the stacking and wipes the raid. In my book, that's not bad, that's idiotic and terrible.

Would a macro like /cast [@Addname] Marked for Death work?.
    Yeah, these macros should work, though it might be good to add some [exists,nodead] flags as well.

really? thats nice. Tho combat is kinda of bad on that fight. Would a macro like /cast [@Addname] Marked for Death work? no need to switch target.
    It would need to be this:

Code:
    /target night
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget

@ is only used for unit IDs, such as target, targettaget, focus, boss#, names of people in your raid/party, etc.

I use a similar macro for Tectus:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar [mod] Night-Twisted Berserker; Night-Twisted Earthwarper
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget

Nomod for the little adds and mod for the big ones. It keeps my current target so I can cast is at range and/or keep hitting the boss while just cleaving the adds.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2015-01-28 at 10:41 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would add a
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    before
    Code:
    /tar night
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget
    just so that you don't accidentally use it on Butcher.

Does [mod] trigger on any modifier?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorefel View Post
    Kind of bad? Combat KS either puts you in Vitriol and kills you, or screws up the stacking and wipes the raid. In my book, that's not bad, that's idiotic and terrible.

Yeah, these macros should work, though it might be good to add some [exists,nodead] flags as well.
    That depends on your mythic butcher tactic. If your guild does that waterpool tactic, you can use KS while he charges the ranged. And for me it was up again for every charge.

Deleted
    I sometimes get the charge cleave then tho (only tested it on HC), does that never happen for you? that would kill me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henlox View Post
    That depends on your mythic butcher tactic. If your guild does that waterpool tactic, you can use KS while he charges the ranged. And for me it was up again for every charge.
    I guess it's possible to be Combat on that fight and not die if you know what you are doing and your guild's tactic is allowing you to do it, but in no way it allows you to play optimally or do nearly as much deeps as Subtlety.
    I'd consider playing Combat on Mythic Butcher as a curiosity thing, to see if you can make it work somehow, but not to help your guild if it's on progress.
    Last edited by mmoc12440bec32; 2015-01-28 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    Does [mod] trigger on any modifier?
    Yes. [mod:shift], etc is how you do specific ones.