Thread: CM as resto

CM as resto

I will be putting together a cm group on my shaman.
    My main specc is resto, but could go elemental or enhancement aswell.
    Is resto shaman decent for cm's atm ?
    Any special talents/glyhps or stat prios i should be aiming for?

Also, what other classes would you recommend for a gold group?
    Is the ilvl still locked for cm's?

Resto is fine, you just won't do as much dps as other healers.

I would recommend taking unleash fury. you can alternate between earthgrab/windwalk depending on what you wanna do.

A lot of people go cloudburst for cms I just stayed High Tide.

Also I wound generally take NS over EM, there is a lot of spiky tank damage.

I just used all my blue dungeon gear that I saved from start of the xpac haste/mastery pieces. I used candle and int/mastery trinket from grimrail heroic.

Ilevel is still locked yes.

Dk tanks help a lot.
    Hi Sephurik

Healing for gold CM is dominated by druids, with some paladins and priests, but you can achieve gold as a resto shaman with no problem.

I have done WoD golds with a team, that perhaps isn't very meta. Resto shaman (me), blood death knight, windwalker monk (brewmaster for some trash, as its Breath of Fire with Serenity offers huge dmg and much needed CC), retribution paladin (quite random type of dps, but nice support spells and potentially massive aoe damage) and hunter (MM for single, BM for aoe). My team was melee heavy, so sometimes I had quite surprising damage spikes on my buddies. I found High Tide to be more useful for such moments, but I've done some golds with CBT. I've seen opinions that CBT is the best choice for the CM, but I really liked to have more bursty healing in my arsenal without using long cooldowns.

My talent choices were: Astral Shift, Windwalk Totem (there are some dots that count as movement impairing effects, but are otherwise unremoveable), Call of the Elements (for those capacitor, healing stream, grounding totem chains), Ancestral Swiftness / Echo of the Elements (Echo is really nice with Unleashed Fury), Rushing Streams, Unleashed Fury (mana was a small problem for me in CMs, Primal Elementals are good to boost your damage somewhat), High Tide (mostly).

Glyphs choices were: Healing Stream Totem (I think only Shadowmoon doesn't have any kind of Fire/Nature/Frost damage), Riptide (I'm too much used to this after Pandaria, but I've never used it with Echo), Healing Wave / Grounding Totem (especially for Auchi) / Capacitor (whatever is more required).

One thing to remember about playing resto shaman in CMs is that you bring massive utility. Ranged interrupt (use it, abuse it), purge, aoe stun, spell reflect, mini-tanking minion (even if Earth Elemental takes those 2-3 hits, it was helpful), hex (can be used as a secondary, desperate interrupt). Also you have Spiritwalker's Grace, Spirit Link, great healing cooldowns. Only downside that comes to my mind is lack of convenient tank cooldown (I used Spirit Link when I would use Barkskin or whatever), and that you cannot dispel poisons (that hurts in Shadowmoon and UBRS, but it's nothing you can't just heal through).

Give it a try. CM as resto shaman were fun as hell, because you can do much much more than just heal

Thanks for the quick reply, sounds good
    Any other dpses that would go well with the group?

Well the usual top dogs (Mage,Hunter,Lock) but some melee are actually very good this xpac. WW,Combat,Warrior with bladestorm.
    Hi Sephurik

Thank you guys, will start to gather my team later today