Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    The store mounts and other store shit is not ethical based on the dictionary definition of ethical. Blizzard told us in the beginning, our subscription paid for the added content outside of expansions, they specifically said they would not sell out in this fashion. Then they got greedy and they sold out. Telling someone that you will do something a certain way and then doing the opposite is unethical.
    When you have people arguing that difficulties above LFR "aren't content" I think its very hard to argue that cosmetic items from the store are. Also, TCG stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    New Blizzard store mount?

If yes, its sad to see how they put their effort in making a good looking store mounts and releasing some basic/remodeled creatures as regular ingame mounts..
    You don't know where this might be from / how we could obtain it but you though it would be a good idea to start complaining preemptively. People today...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    The store mounts and other store shit is not ethical based on the dictionary definition of ethical. Blizzard told us in the beginning, our subscription paid for the added content outside of expansions, they specifically said they would not sell out in this fashion. Then they got greedy and they sold out. Telling someone that you will do something a certain way and then doing the opposite is unethical.
    When you put it like that, the shoe fits. However, are you suggesting that a business is not allowed to change its business model?
    While they may have said what you said above in the beginning (uncited by the way) we are now 10 years on. The gaming and technological landscape has changed considerably in that time, it's greedy of you to never allow the company to adapt to the market to ensure its survival. WOW is the most successful subscription based MMORPG in history and you have to give credit where credit due, when everyone said the sky would fall they held it up without breaking a sweat.
    That's testament to a good business model, but please don't take me for a complete fanboy. Blizzard has dropped the ball on many occasions, mainly around expansion gap outs. If WOW can streamline actual creation like raid tiers, new zones, bg's and deliver them in a timely manner people won't even care about store bought "content"

Also, the store is not unethical because it tells you it's a store, they don't trick you into buying it, they clearly label the price, there are no hidden charges, they as for confirmation before you purchase to avoid accidental purchases and the product works as advertised.
    So without twisting words from 10 years ago, please explain how the store is not ethical.

I'm gonna say it's a store mount. Blizzard did something like this a while back https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/...609472/photo/1

This + Mage MoP CM set

WoD has a couple of interesting mounts so far. Gronnling/yeti. But there's no escaping the fact that the effort put into into some of them is minimal compared to the shop mounts - which are coming out on what - every 4 months now?
    Look at 6.1 . We have a chauffered version of 2 mounts that already exist. And a Voidtalon.
    That Bird from Cataclysm for gods sake, will have taken a whopping 5 mins in photoshop to create, by changing the hue on the texture file. I'm sorry but that's plain lazy.
    The other flying mounts either exist already or more re-colours.

They know they'll make money if lots of people keep buying them on the store, and its completely up to people to decide if they want to do that, however, I have a big problem when the equivalent in-game items are much lower quality.

Imagine if your mythic tier armour was just a recolour of LFR stuff, or MOP armour, yet they sold fantastic looking new armour on the store? Same stats, more work put in

Yes, this will be a store mount.
    This is already a re-skin of the Shado-Pan Tiger mount.

Yes, I want it!

Deleted
    It has a very looong face, the opposite of the Shado-pan rep mounts...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennylue View Post
    I'm gonna say it's a store mount. Blizzard did something like this a while back https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/...609472/photo/1

I still think that this mount shouldve been a rep mount for th Laughing Skull faction...

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I still think that this mount shouldve been a rep mount for th Laughing Skull faction...
    Same with the Fairy Dragon and the Nalak. They are taking regular rep mounts and charging for it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    It should. It makes so much sense. At that point it should be blatantly obvious to anyone that they don't give a shit. Why give players such an awesome mount for free if they can sell it to them.

I'm just wondering, as a mount collector, how do people feel about Blizzard releasing 3-4 mounts a year, requiring people to spend an additional 80€/100$ a year to get every mount?

It clearly was, much like the fey dragon was inarguably the rep reward from the alliance equivalent. Grinds my gears.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Ethics are not morality. There are no guidelines for whether or not a company is allowed to sell things on top of a subscription. It's such a non-issue that the concept of ethics shouldn't even pop up in the first place.

The more appropriate term to use in this context would be "I don't like it because reasons"
    Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it's ethical. If you subscribe to the belief that if something is legal, therefore it's okay, you just aren't going to see this in the same light as others.

When you say to your players, you can't have more dungeons, or raids, or content, because of the cost, and then you proceed to spend resources in a different manner that's not right. If Blizzard had said 'we don't consider that a priority' it's something that I can disagree with, but would feel they are at least honest about it.

The fact that money/time was given as the reason for the lack of things like capital cities, the ability to place your garrison anywhere, lack of dungeons, lack of raids, and then you make a cash store mount, makes you look like a dbag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It should. It makes so much sense. At that point it should be blatantly obvious to anyone that they don't give a shit. Why give players such an awesome mount for free if they can sell it to them.

I'm just wondering, as a mount collector, how do people feel about Blizzard releasing 3-4 mounts a year, requiring people to spend an additional 80€/100$ a year to get every mount?
    I would think that's a shit move. But....the reason they do that is because people will pay it.

If people want things to change, they have to stop supporting them in these items. We have to use some self control and don't buy them. Otherwise it's just noise.

I'll buy it if so, 20-25 Euros doesn't matter to me + It's one more for my mount count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Why??? Why do you choose to waste money on cosmetic crap that is the equivalent to multiple months of subscription? Is this the definition of fun to you?

Is the only way for WoW to be fun these days buying store mounts? Because Blizzard's making complete bank off of it and you people are being screwed over.

Please see reason. This is killing people who like to play games.

I bought the game for the experience and the gameplay value, I don't buy store mounts for the equivalent of multiple months of playing WoW, because I don't think they bring the same value in terms of entertainment to me as a gamer. Is this an insane idea to you?

We hate blind mindless consumerism, We love playing games. It's clear you do not.
    You are ridiculous. Paying real money for OPTIONAL things that are only cosmetic in nature doesn't hurt you or anyone else. It is OPTIONAL, guess what, you DONT HAVE TO BUY IT! Its clear that many many many people DO get entertainment value from buying store mounts. Get the fuck off your high horse.

If I like the product, and I have the money to buy it, why the fuck do you care? Go the fuck away and pay your $15 a month to access the game and play. Stop bothering and bickering and showing hate toward people who have extra cash and want to spend it on a cool looking mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynon View Post
    /sigh.....

Time to pay 25 bucks on a mount again.....
    got make up for those subs...

oh god Jaylock and Nindoriel share the same avatar. I was wondering why that last post seemed so different xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    oh god Jaylock and Nindoriel share the same avatar. I was wondering why that last post seemed so different xD
    BTW he stole the avatar from me. I was the first to have it.

OT: This whole nerd rage over blizzard offering new store mounts seems to originate from the entitled player base who think they are owed something from blizzard. They seem to think that unless it "comes with my sub!" then its unethical or immoral to sell optional things on a virtual cash shop. These are the ones who look at players in mythic gear and get upset that they dont have that cool looking gear. These are the ones who worry about what other people have, and just whine and moan that they dont have it because of reasons. (and many of those reasons has not to do with real money, but work and effort to obtain things that are already in the game)

Its sad really.