Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo42 View Post
    Good to see they added an auto-spam-boot. Saves the mods some time.

As for the teenagers talking about people being offended, you say certain things because you intend for them to be offensive. You specifically choose those words because they're generally considered offensive and you know it. And then you act all shocked that someone was offended by the words you chose to intentionally be offensive? You make a conscious effort to be as vulgar and offensive as possible and then act like a victim?

Intelligent people use profanity and such sparingly so that it keeps that emotional content to it. Otherwise, over use of profanity and vulgarity makes the words lose all meaning, to the point we sound like Robin in the old TV series, "Golly gosh gee wiz Bat Man!". Children feel the need to act out in defiance, to create a sense of self-worth, of significance. Those people don't want their behavior to become normal, because then they'd lose a way to act out in defiance. Instead, they want society to accept them defying society. I think that qualifies as a mental disorder.
    I'm actually laughing. This post is just utter bullshit. Teens specifically use foul language to be offensive? Intelligent people don't use profanity or if they do they use it sparingly? Using foul language is an act of defiance? Using extensive foul language should be considered a mental disorder?

I just can't even comprehend what is being said here. Have you even been outside in the past 30 - 40 years because it sounds like you got all this from some pop psychology article you read on Buzzfeed or some other clickbait website.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romi69 View Post
    What is an ESRB rating? How does it work?

"ESRB-rated games that can be played online with other players and which enable exposure to user-generated content are required to display an Online Rating Notice on the game's packaging (if it exists), as well as in the opening screen, which states: "Online Interactions Not Rated By The ESRB." This notice is intended to warn about possible exposure to chat (text, audio, video) or other types of user-generated content (e.g., maps, skins) that have not been considered in the ESRB rating assignment."

If a Game Master deems what you say bad enough to get banned then so be it. But if you as a player deem it to be bad then too fuckin' bad, bud. You agreed to see it when you bought the game. There's plenty of ways to ignore someone or turn off a channel if you think something is "inappropriate" for your sweet, little eyes. If I want to say "you fuckin' spring pledges are total pussies that suck Sigma Nu's dick" in general chat, I should be able to. If you don't like the language, turn on the language filter. If you don't like me at all, then hit ignore. Simple
    Wrong. If I as a player deem it to be bad, I will report it. If the GM agrees, action will be taken. If not, the right-click-report automatically places the player on ignore for my play period anyway, so it works out for me either way.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-forum-conduct

You agreed to those rules when you entered the game.

GMs even say "ignore and chat filter are not excuses to break chat rules".

If there's a Mature Language Filter in the game, doesn't that permit me to use profanities?

No. The Mature Language Filter is only an extra means of protection from obscenities in chat channels, not an excuse to use them.
    Swearing and vulgar language don't offend me, but they do not belong in World of Warcraft. They are against the rules, and if I see them, I will report them. If you get banned or actioned, it is YOUR fault, not mine.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    How exactly does it offend you though?
    You wanna joke and curse in trade? Fine. But when you start spamming anal for the children, and other such sexual things, you are a fucking pedo. Regardless of what you think or what your opinion is, the fact is that kids play this game. I would hope the people around you would publicly beat the crap out of you for saying anything like this in say, McDonalds, or maybe toys r us around a bunch of kids. Why is this any different? I dont have any kids, I dont even like kids, and yet I think about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    I think this is kinda retarded, since WoW doesnt have any good ways for guilds to recruite specific people for their guilds.
    They really gotta improve the in-game recruitement tool, that would eliminate the peoples need to spam in /1 /2 for advertisement.

And I dont think it would be that hard for them to do. Doesnt have to be any advanced or fancy pants. Just some straight up extra filtering for like PvP guilds or raiding/progression guild.
    It's not like there's a Guild Recruitment chat channel or anything...

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I liked the fact that Trade was just this channel that was just for everything and not just limited to actual trading. Guess now that people have that little bit of power and can press the report button that they will, you know this is an mmo right? If people say awful things then ignore them like you would in real life, it's not like you have to actually "hear" them say something awful. Shame really, it's just like some person taking something out of context and calling that person racist to put themselves on a moral high ground, a good example is what Cumberbatch said and people took it out of context just to make him look like shit when he never meant harm by what he said. That's right enjoy your little power, make yourself feel good.

"I STOPPED HIM FROM SAYING 'I fucking love dicks in my mouth', I'M POWERFUL!", to any person who's somewhat intelligent, you look like a tool because you care so much.

- - - Updated - - -

I had something taken out of context by a black person in high school, I looked at him and said, "What? You're going to twist what I said that had no negative connotation to put yourself on the moral high ground?". He just looked and thought for a moment and didn't say anything after that, he was completely stunned that caught him on his game. The word I said? "There was this "black" guy I saw at the store that looked similar to a friend I used to have". Yeah, fuck that guy for trying to take the moral high ground on me.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    Meh, I liked the fact that Trade was just this channel that was just for everything and not just limited to actual trading. Guess now that people have that little bit of power and can press the report button that they will, you know this is an mmo right? If people say awful things then ignore them like you would in real life, it's not like you have to actually "hear" them say something awful. Shame really, it's just like some person taking something out of context and calling that person racist to put themselves on a moral high ground, a good example is what Cumberbatch said and people took it out of context just to make him look like shit when he never meant harm by what he said. That's right enjoy your little power, make yourself feel good.

"I STOPPED HIM FROM SAYING 'I fucking love dicks in my mouth', I'M POWERFUL!", to any person who's somewhat intelligent, you look like a tool because you care so much.

- - - Updated - - -

I had something taken out of context by a black person in high school, I looked at him and said, "What? You're going to twist what I said that had no negative connotation to put yourself on the moral high ground?". He just looked and thought for a moment and didn't say anything after that, he was completely stunned that caught him on his game. The word I said? "There was this "black" guy I saw at the store that looked similar to a friend I used to have". Yeah, fuck that guy for trying to take the moral high ground on me.
    If you ever want to make an actual point instead of taking three completely separate situations and sewing them together like the torso of Frankenstein's monster, you just let us know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    If you ever want to make an actual point instead of taking three completely separate situations and sewing them together like the torso of Frankenstein's monster, you just let us know.
    You missed the entire grand point, people like to take a moral high ground to feel like they have power. Well done, you didn't get any of what I said and are only proving my point little by little.
    Hey everyone