Deleted

Confusion about Simcrafting - different stat priority?

Hello fellow Mages,

I just started to get into simcrafting because I wanted to get the stat priority for CMs.
    Therefore I also simcrafted normal raid fights and I was surprised by the outcome.

The settings:
    I imported my character:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kypes/advanced

Options:
    Iterations: 50k
    Fightlenght: 400s
    Enemies: 1 - Raidboss

All buffs and debuffs

This is my result:
    Intellect: 5.76
    Spellpower:5.14
    Multistrike: 3.22
    Crit: 2.72
    Versatility: 2.65
    Mastery: 2.41
    Haste: 2.37

All the other Magesites are telling that its Int > Multi > Haste >= Crit >= Vers > Mastery.
    What is wrong with my settings that it is so far off? I dont think the other pages are just wrong.
    Or are the other pages not updated after the recent Haste buff? I jsut dont get why haste is that low on my priority.

So get to the CM settings.
    The only things I changed were the fightlenght to 100s with and the enemycount to 9 heroic bosses.

This is the outcome:
    Intellect: 15.07
    Spellpower:13.27
    Crit: 5.58
    Versatility: 4.89
    Multistrike: 4.67
    Haste: 4.14
    Mastery: 0.41

Why is multistrike that bad on large groups? Does this mean my CM gear should have Crit and Versatility?
    Usually Im looking for MS and Crit.

Thanks for reading this.

Greetings
    Kypes

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember that stat weights depends on your gear. Just because Multistrike is worth X for you does not mean that it's worth the same for a mage with better/worse gear. That's why you should always calculate your own stat-weights and not blindly follow guides.

Your stat weights are not off, with 673 ilvl on my gear, its Multi>Vers~Haste^Crit>mastery, loosely defined though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kypes View Post
    Why is multistrike that bad on large groups?
    It's not that MS is so bad more than Crit just being so good. You can freeze packs with your water elemental then link it up to a shattered Ice Nova (which can then link to another shattered nova).

Versatility is also a great stat for CMs because the less damage players take overall, the more DPS your healer can pump out (or not have to drink as much, which means less potential deaths when you pull while healer is drinking).

In addition, it's also based on WHAT YOU HAVE NOW, and not what is necessarily better. Stat Weights are very fickle; just because the general guide for frost (not CMs) is MS > Crit > etc etc doesn't mean that Crit will always outweigh the other stats at every possible combination of stats. There will be some periods where a tiny smidge of Haste will be way better for you than, say, a bit more Crit or Versatility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lynzh View Post
    Your stat weights are not off, with 673 ilvl on my gear, its Multi>Vers~Haste^Crit>mastery, loosely defined though.
    For non-CMs, I had weights that said MS >>>>>>>>>> Crit ~= Vers ~= Mastery > Haste. It was so weird seeing 3 stats being worth < 0.01 to the next best stat, and even Haste was only like 0.05 off, so it was basically MS >>>>>>>>>>>> everything else.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I am having same feeling about sim results as you. Tried to sim my mage multiple times with different options but weights I get at the end seem strange.

I tried to sim your char with settings you mentioned and I got these results:

Int 5.59
    Mult 3.21
    Haste 2.79
    Crit 2.57
    Mastery 2.53
    Vers 2.24

Which are kinda different. I am confused about weight of haste.

Then I tried to sim my char again.

Svece@Darksorrow EU

int 5.26
    Haste 2.95
    Mult 2.78
    Crit 2.17
    Vers 2.03
    Mastery 1.79

It does not seem legit at all as everyone everywhere is saying that MS should have muuuch higher weight then other stats, especially haste.

I tried to sim with blazing speed(which i am using) and ice floes.
    Am I doing something wrong or are these numbers legit?