10+ Year Old Account

brf trinkets and unholy, what happens when multistrike goes over 100%?

i got the mythic blackhand trinket from my mythic cache yesterday. i noticed when it procs and is stacked all the way up, i have around 74% multistrike. according to askmrrobot, the other bis trinket is the vial of convulsive shadows from maidens. but i was thinking to myself, wouldnt that put me over 100% ms? is there any benefit to going over 100% ms? and if it is a waste to go over 100% ms, would the horn of screaming spirits be better instead?
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Deleted
    First world problem.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you could simulationcraft both profiles with changing the trinkets and compare the results let us know also please

The time you would spend at 100% MS is so low that working around it would probably be more of a loss then anything. Blackhands trinket stacks rapidly up to its max stacks, so the time when you would have 100% from both would be at most 2 seconds. Which just means for two seconds everything you do double MS's, abilities for necrosis here would get two MS's on the necrosis damage too which would be cool.

Anything over 100% multistrike is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonaras View Post
    Anything over 100% multistrike is wasted.
    Consistently being over 100% is wasted. Havin over 100% for at most two seconds ? Not really a problem.

I may or may not be mistaken. But I think multistrike goes up to 200%, since theres a chance for 2 extra attacks. So it shouldnt be wasted.

Deleted
    Yesterday i attacked mob in frostfire ridge on my sub rogue. I have 28% multistrike + weapon enchants + scales of doom + on use kromog trinket = all of this jump me on 100% (or a bit more even). Additionaly i had zone buff which gives you + 100% multistrike.
    And each of my attacks did 2 extra multistrikes.
    Soo as far as i can tell, anything above 100% multistrike is wasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    I may or may not be mistaken. But I think multistrike goes up to 200%, since theres a chance for 2 extra attacks. So it shouldnt be wasted.
    No, your chance to multistrike rolls 2 times for each. Soo with 5 % MS you have chance to get 1 strike or more rarely 2 strikes.

I believe being over 100% chance starts to increase your multistrike damage, up to 60%.

I say this because I remember the buff from the infected orcs in Everbloom Wilds giving me more than 100% multistrike, and every buff after 100% increased the damage % by a small amount, diminishing until I hit 60%, and then it wouldn't go any further.

This is before the max stacks got nerfed.

man 74%? Jesus thats enough man I would focus on something thats a direct increase to dmg after that, maybe mastery or crit even. 3/4 of your attacks will be multistrikes which is amazing so something thats a direct increase to dmg would be better imo

He gets 70+% from a trinket proc, there's no need for him to change stats because of it. My trinket puts me at something close to 60%, and I still want black hands ms trink

Deleted
    sigh people getting bh items from caches while ive never got an upgrade from missions in Hm or now BRf always first few boss loot that i already have, rng hates me

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    sigh people getting bh items from caches while ive never got an upgrade from missions in Hm or now BRf always first few boss loot that i already have, rng hates me
    Oh don't worry just about every plate user in my raid group got a mythic belt, while 3-4 of the agil users got trinkets

Yeah I was lucky as well and got a Mythic WF blackhand trinket with avoidance. Nearly shat my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    i got the mythic blackhand trinket from my mythic cache yesterday. i noticed when it procs and is stacked all the way up, i have around 74% multistrike. according to askmrrobot, the other bis trinket is the vial of convulsive shadows from maidens. but i was thinking to myself, wouldnt that put me over 100% ms? is there any benefit to going over 100% ms? and if it is a waste to go over 100% ms, would the horn of screaming spirits be better instead?
    Make sure that you don't overlap procs; you should be fine otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Triplestrike! Guaranteed multistrike and a percentage of triplestrike based on the amount over 100%

PS: Have no idea.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight