Deleted

Are my time with MMORPGs over?

Hello. Just got my first job two weeks ago (I'm 19) that works four shifts. Yey for me! Sadly, I don't know how I can be able to continue playing WoW anymore due to this. I will not be able to raid very often anymore, which kind of kills the game for me.

My question to you fellas who have a job with terrible job schedules, demanding girlfriends or whatever you might have that makes it impossible to play at certain raid times. How do you manage to pull it off?

Raid Group Finder (not LFR), focus on making gold and buy your way into high level runs (not carry just secure a spot).

Deleted
    Your time with mmorpgs is not ogre.

Openraid for the win.

I am married and have full time work and still manage to raid 3 nights a week, so it's possible

if your girlfriend is demanding, find a less needy one, or get her to play

Well congrats on the job, but just find other aspects of the game that you find interesting or don't demand such "dedication"

10+ Year Old Account
    I work 40 - 60 hours a week depending on everything I need to do and still raid 3 nights a week. All about balance. I'm lucky, though, that my job is in software so it's easy for me to pick up and go and work different hours.

I don't ... raiding took the backseat to RL as it should. guess I'm part of the LFR crew now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Working person as well as raider, and even RP'er and still with time to share
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    It's about your priorities really. I no longer raid because I prefer to spend my evenings with my husband, which takes a lot away from my enjoyment of WoW sadly. For a while I raided with him and had the best of both worlds but then we found we had no time for watching TV/Movies, eating out or spending time with the rest of our family and friends and we had to adjust our priorities.

You have to decide if you can fit it into your schedule / balance your life around it and then if you can't, whether you can still enjoy WoW on a less scheduled basis. You can still pug raids, you could still run with a social or alt group in a guild without committing to x hours on work nights.

I could work and raid, I could spend time with my family and raid, but ultimately I didn't feel like I could commit to a set raiding schedule and fit in work AND spend quality time with my family and friends. What I can do is still relax and play games when I have time, but not committing to anything - that way I don't let anyone down when life gets in the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your time in MMORPG's doesn't need to be over. It's likely to change though and whether or not you stick around will depend a lot on how willing you are to accept those changes.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgonemad View Post
    Hello. Just got my first job two weeks ago (I'm 19) that works four shifts. Yey for me! Sadly, I don't know how I can be able to continue playing WoW anymore due to this. I will not be able to raid very often anymore, which kind of kills the game for me.

My question to you fellas who have a job with terrible job schedules, demanding girlfriends or whatever you might have that makes it impossible to play at certain raid times. How do you manage to pull it off?
    I started playing prior to launch at the end of a closed beta period. At that time I had a full time job, was recently married, and had a 1 year old. Since then I have created my own business, raised a child, finished a Masters degree. I have had plenty of time to play the game when I wanted and continue to raid. It is all about time management and self control. Of course not being one who has played WoW for hours upon hours a day every day helps. I have always taken my play sessions in 2-3 hour chunks, outside of the WotLK raids nights of 4 hours when were were going for a server firsts. The best thing for you is the flex systems and cross realm systems in place for raiding. This will allow you to raid on your time if you choose to.